Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper

Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper (https://www.viperalley.com/forum/index.php)
-   Viper Discussions - Gen I & II (https://www.viperalley.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Aftermarket Exhaust (https://www.viperalley.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36116)

G.C. August 23rd, 2005 04:00 PM

Aftermarket Exhaust

I am looking to purchase a set of aftermarket exhaust for my 04 SRT. Does anyone have any particular brand I should purchase?

Cody August 23rd, 2005 04:16 PM

Re: Aftermarket Exhaust

Try doing a search, everyone seems to like the Corsa track with Random Tech cats. That's what we've installed.

G.C. August 23rd, 2005 04:22 PM

Thanks!! What should my budget be?

Kenny August 23rd, 2005 04:23 PM

From a fellow newby who just bought an '04, you may want to search old threads first, then ask a more specific question if you have one. That way people here will be less likely to tear you a new asshole for shits and grins.

But since I am doing the same research, I will tell you that the first thing you need to decide is cats or no cats. No cats option is less heat, but you can't make emissions. Also if you want cats, unless you go with 3" hi-flows, you get stuck with a 2.5" system. Then you need to decide crossover or no crossover. No crossover is less heat and weight, but some people say the car sounds better with it.

I'm going the no cat, no crossover route. The corsa track is popular, but expensive. Some reported fit issues on the morg, supposedly no drone. The Mopar race is much less expensive, but some people don't like the sound of the Borla muffler it uses. I'm probably going to end up with the Mopar Race, but am also looking into the Roe Racing exhaust, which uses shorter Borla mufflers and is supposedly lighter. I'm waiting for a return call and will order something tomorrow. PM me if you want further details.

And if you like using the alley pony up some coin and sponsor, the make a donation button is in the lower right hand corner.

Kenny August 23rd, 2005 04:24 PM

Damn, a response and reply in the time it took me to type that stupid response. :bangdesk:

G.C. August 23rd, 2005 04:26 PM

Thanks for the guidance!!!

SRTRICKY August 23rd, 2005 04:50 PM

corsa + random tech cats :)

Herc August 23rd, 2005 04:50 PM

My 3in Corsa track might be for sale in about a week or so. Also the RT
cats.

Herc

Kenny August 23rd, 2005 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SRTRICKY
corsa + random tech cats :)

Really? Reading some old posts on the morg, I thought you wished you had the Mopar.

Kenny August 23rd, 2005 05:08 PM

In fact,...

http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/sho...mp;o=&vc=1

I know my memory wasn't going completely. :busted:

mike04SRT August 23rd, 2005 08:34 PM

mopar race...hands down

_Mark_ August 23rd, 2005 08:40 PM

I would look for a Corsa or Borla setup attatched to a gen2, but that's just me :D

G.C. August 23rd, 2005 08:47 PM

Where can I find the Mopar Race Exhaust?

mike04SRT August 23rd, 2005 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G.C.
Where can I find the Mopar Race Exhaust?

Call your local stealership, tell them to look in the performance parts catalog.

Brad Bodily August 23rd, 2005 10:19 PM

We have had great results with the Belanger setup. There are several advantages of this particular product:
1. Stock cats (all 4) are removed and replaced with the integrated high flow cat
2. Crossover eliminated, lower heat
3. Aluminized material for lower temps.
4. Relocation of O2 sensor, no check engine light issues!
5. Sounds great!

The setup is made for mating to Belanger headers, not stock. Mating them to stock is quite easy for my fabrication team and the install is nice and clean. Call me with questions 972-679-7900