Input on Situation Please - Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper

Go Back   Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen I & II
» Live Feed « · War Room · Graffiti Wall · Arcade · Viper Blogs ·  

Viper Discussions - Gen I & II Discussions of Viper-related subjects covering Gen-I and Gen-II models.

Input on Situation Please

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old August 9th, 2005, 04:25 PM   #1
Diamond Supporter

V10 MOJO is definately JV with 330 pointsV10 MOJO is definately JV with 330 pointsV10 MOJO is definately JV with 330 pointsV10 MOJO is definately JV with 330 points

i have had my car under the tuner abilities of joe donovan. he is, imo a class act and as good a tuner as any and better than most as his work ethic and his honesty is second to none.

since february 2005 my vehicle has been in his shop for some work so that the V10 MOJO can "step it up to the next level" in the viper world.

here is the issue at hand;

there was a problem we ran into back in february. the car developed an "issue" which has been virtually unexplainable, and therefore unable to be corrected. this "issue" has therefore prevented me from doing a damn thing with this bucket FOR THE PAST SIX MONTHS!!

now, the dealer/supplier/seller of this defective part/item/device FINALLY confessed that they knew all along the issue we were having was because of their item/part/device and that they didnt tell us because they wanted to figure it out for themslef first. for literally months we had tried everything to isolate and correct the issue the car was having. hundreds of hours of labor, countless new parts, dozens of different configurations, and system setups, unknown hours tuning on the dyno, etc. all this because we were blatantly lied too back in february when we specifically asked if their item/part/device was the probelm.

i cannot even begin to describe how pissed off i was to find out we were lied to for literally almost a half year. how much money, time, and effort in looking for the problems and all the stress on joe's part too. the engine and the entire car was apart so damn much i bet its forgotten how many times it was dissassembled/assembled from bumper to bumper

so, my question to you viper brothers; what would you do??
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Re: Input on Situation Please
Old August 9th, 2005, 04:30 PM   #2

TT R/T is not afraid of bears with 6089 pointsTT R/T is not afraid of bears with 6089 pointsTT R/T is not afraid of bears with 6089 pointsTT R/T is not afraid of bears with 6089 pointsTT R/T is not afraid of bears with 6089 pointsTT R/T is not afraid of bears with 6089 pointsTT R/T is not afraid of bears with 6089 pointsTT R/T is not afraid of bears with 6089 pointsTT R/T is not afraid of bears with 6089 pointsTT R/T is not afraid of bears with 6089 pointsTT R/T is not afraid of bears with 6089 points

#1 - tell the world what the problem is so that the rest of us don't go through the same crap (as I'm sure some of us are).

#2 - get the bucket running.

#3 - tell us what the fix was.

#4 - try to get the vendor/dealer/supplier to pay for some of the labor costs since you clearly did the r&d on the problem.

just my .02...

I've got a problem that remotely sounds like yours so i'm dying to know if we have the same issue. except i haven't had my exorcism yet...

JD

Old August 9th, 2005, 05:52 PM   #3

DDIGGLER is unremarkable with 10 points

Was it that slimeball Denny with his Racetested nitrous controller?

Old August 9th, 2005, 05:57 PM   #4

snkbite97 is unremarkable with 10 points

we need more info on the "item,part"

Old August 9th, 2005, 06:02 PM   #5

tom86zt is The Man with 1682 pointstom86zt is The Man with 1682 pointstom86zt is The Man with 1682 pointstom86zt is The Man with 1682 pointstom86zt is The Man with 1682 pointstom86zt is The Man with 1682 pointstom86zt is The Man with 1682 pointstom86zt is The Man with 1682 pointstom86zt is The Man with 1682 pointstom86zt is The Man with 1682 pointstom86zt is The Man with 1682 points

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDIGGLER
Was it that slimeball Denny with his Racetested nitrous controller?
I vote on this one too...........

Never heard of one true successful setup..........always have had problems on all cars.

Old August 9th, 2005, 07:11 PM   #6
Diamond Supporter

V10 MOJO is definately JV with 330 pointsV10 MOJO is definately JV with 330 pointsV10 MOJO is definately JV with 330 pointsV10 MOJO is definately JV with 330 points

sorry fellas, i dont like being so damn vague but until everything is in order i wont give out specifics so that when i do, i can i nail his/her/their ass to the fucking pavement either legally or physically or IMO hopefully both methods im sure you understand. on this one, i would gladly take a lawsuit for delivering a fullcourse asswhippin not soon forgotten.

as for denny of racetested; everyone is entitled to their own opinion(s) but from my experience in my case, he did man-up damn well and did what a customer would expect from a vendor. he went above and beyond the call of duty and BTW i ran a 9.91 at 139mph on his system not even at full power so it cant be that damn bad. the problem is most go in with pregenerated, biased opinions or lack of education in the product. now, im not nutswinging for denny so dont evn start with that shit, just giving the facts, period.

JID, email me bro, id like to talk more with ya about this and about yours

Old August 9th, 2005, 07:53 PM   #7

Super Squirrel made Varsity with 950 pointsSuper Squirrel made Varsity with 950 pointsSuper Squirrel made Varsity with 950 pointsSuper Squirrel made Varsity with 950 pointsSuper Squirrel made Varsity with 950 pointsSuper Squirrel made Varsity with 950 pointsSuper Squirrel made Varsity with 950 pointsSuper Squirrel made Varsity with 950 points

sorry to hear about that Rich.....it's hard to get a fair view without details I'm sure you know, but the concept here seems to be simple, you were lied to. In and of itself, that's wrong....But I wouldn't know how to approach my "reaction" without knowing exactly the nature of the situation, ya know?

hope it works out.

Old August 9th, 2005, 08:14 PM   #8
Vipers should be DRIVEN !

Cudaman is not afraid of bears with 6727 pointsCudaman is not afraid of bears with 6727 pointsCudaman is not afraid of bears with 6727 pointsCudaman is not afraid of bears with 6727 pointsCudaman is not afraid of bears with 6727 pointsCudaman is not afraid of bears with 6727 pointsCudaman is not afraid of bears with 6727 pointsCudaman is not afraid of bears with 6727 pointsCudaman is not afraid of bears with 6727 pointsCudaman is not afraid of bears with 6727 pointsCudaman is not afraid of bears with 6727 points
Send a message via AIM to Cudaman

Rich to be honest with you ......

you are way to vague to help with advise...

example I got a part, we think this unknown part from an unknown vendor is giving us an unknown problem and we have unknown different configurations to resolve the unknown problem.

Did each vendors know exactly the specs to dial in their parts.... head builder needs to know what cam (lift and duration)you are running and the compression or a mysterious break up above 5,000 RPM, just to give a few examples.

Cudaman

Old August 9th, 2005, 08:33 PM   #9
Diamond Supporter

ok ok , i understand the vague problem. i guess my dilema is in handling this properly. i have been out of a car for half a year, and a shitoad of money and unecessary parts have been invovled and i guess i just dont knwo if i should go legal, work amicably and break even , or be a dick and try to fry this puke for the bs and blatant lying leading to the above mess of six months no car, tens of thousands in money and parts, etc.

NM, ill post details and facts when i haveit all ready to move forward.
at first i just wanted the car to run like it shoudl but then affter thinking, i figured if i dont get medieval then it will surely happen to another and i dont want this to happen to any of my fellow racers.

Old August 9th, 2005, 08:39 PM   #10

Albert Chlouber made Varsity with 840 pointsAlbert Chlouber made Varsity with 840 pointsAlbert Chlouber made Varsity with 840 pointsAlbert Chlouber made Varsity with 840 pointsAlbert Chlouber made Varsity with 840 pointsAlbert Chlouber made Varsity with 840 pointsAlbert Chlouber made Varsity with 840 points

Rich, I would talk to the party in question and see what they are willing to do to resolve this. Hopefully you can work it out where both parties are satisfied and nothing else will be necessary. If they are not willing to work out this problem then you figure out what direction you need to take.

Old August 9th, 2005, 08:55 PM   #11

plumcrazy is not afraid of bears with 164634 pointsplumcrazy is not afraid of bears with 164634 pointsplumcrazy is not afraid of bears with 164634 pointsplumcrazy is not afraid of bears with 164634 pointsplumcrazy is not afraid of bears with 164634 pointsplumcrazy is not afraid of bears with 164634 pointsplumcrazy is not afraid of bears with 164634 pointsplumcrazy is not afraid of bears with 164634 pointsplumcrazy is not afraid of bears with 164634 pointsplumcrazy is not afraid of bears with 164634 pointsplumcrazy is not afraid of bears with 164634 points

YES, go legal on the fucker. it might cost a few bux but in the end you will win and expose them for what they are.

id spend $500 to prove a point on a $50 item. it might not be the right thing to do, but i dont care.

hope it works out for ya

Old August 9th, 2005, 10:03 PM   #12
Stow-N-Go, Baby!

Minivan Man is not afraid of bears with 12350 pointsMinivan Man is not afraid of bears with 12350 pointsMinivan Man is not afraid of bears with 12350 pointsMinivan Man is not afraid of bears with 12350 pointsMinivan Man is not afraid of bears with 12350 pointsMinivan Man is not afraid of bears with 12350 pointsMinivan Man is not afraid of bears with 12350 pointsMinivan Man is not afraid of bears with 12350 pointsMinivan Man is not afraid of bears with 12350 pointsMinivan Man is not afraid of bears with 12350 pointsMinivan Man is not afraid of bears with 12350 points

What is the supplier's previous track record?

Old August 10th, 2005, 06:03 AM   #13

VIPR GTS is unremarkable with 20 points

Rich, at least the problem is identified and we will see you back at the track soon. Good luck resolving the problems of what to do. Only you can decide.

Old August 10th, 2005, 08:05 AM   #14

yellowstain is well liked with 220 pointsyellowstain is well liked with 220 pointsyellowstain is well liked with 220 points

Legal takes FOREVER and justice can be a fucked up thing. Courts are not about the truth, rather who can tell a better story. IMO get your stuff working, talk to vendor, if no results expose them. This may be harsh but it is the only way some people learn. Tell them that at every event you are going to have written on your viper " ----- suck ask me how " I have done it. you will get results quickly.

Good luck, look foward to seeing yu at the track

Old August 10th, 2005, 08:54 AM   #15
Latest JEDI Weapon!

ViperJEDI made Varsity with 792 pointsViperJEDI made Varsity with 792 pointsViperJEDI made Varsity with 792 pointsViperJEDI made Varsity with 792 pointsViperJEDI made Varsity with 792 pointsViperJEDI made Varsity with 792 pointsViperJEDI made Varsity with 792 points

I know the fix!!!.............first ta mic whi st

Once the above is done you got it made!

Or, call a tuner...not once but several times, inquire about pricing, installation warranty, performance..then go and purchase from someone else.
Then, call that same tuner again about another product with the same inquiry
methods on more than one occasion and repeat. I don't know how you could
have ended up in this situation!

Reminds me of my golf game....." I SHOULD HAVE STRUCK THE BALL ON MY 2ND
PRACTICE SWING, OR MAYBE THE 6TH, BECAUSE ON THE REAL SWING...NUMBER 9 I SKULLED IT"

JEDI

Old August 10th, 2005, 10:26 AM   #16

No Man is not afraid of bears with 2147483647 pointsNo Man is not afraid of bears with 2147483647 pointsNo Man is not afraid of bears with 2147483647 pointsNo Man is not afraid of bears with 2147483647 pointsNo Man is not afraid of bears with 2147483647 pointsNo Man is not afraid of bears with 2147483647 pointsNo Man is not afraid of bears with 2147483647 pointsNo Man is not afraid of bears with 2147483647 pointsNo Man is not afraid of bears with 2147483647 pointsNo Man is not afraid of bears with 2147483647 pointsNo Man is not afraid of bears with 2147483647 points

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowstain
Legal takes FOREVER and justice can be a fucked up thing. Courts are not about the truth, rather who can tell a better story. IMO get your stuff working, talk to vendor, if no results expose them. This may be harsh but it is the only way some people learn. Tell them that at every event you are going to have written on your viper " ----- suck ask me how " I have done it. you will get results quickly.

Good luck, look foward to seeing yu at the track
Best info you ever posted. Right the fuck on the money. :thumb:

Old August 10th, 2005, 11:50 AM   #17

yellowstain is well liked with 220 pointsyellowstain is well liked with 220 pointsyellowstain is well liked with 220 points

WOW a compliment from No Man ! For Me no less. Does this mean you are buying
lunch at the Thai House.
Oh and by the way did you or anyone see the news report about " Spiegel Roofing " on the local news. Trying to " Expose " them in a bad Bus. That is Dave Boggs's company here in Orlando Fl. Hope all works out for him and I hope it is not true. I know that the press always puts a slant on things for their own ratings. It's just never a good thing for any Bus. to be portrayed like that. I like Davey, and hope he gets it under control. Did not want to hijack Mojo's post but it is kinda related. ( in a bad exposure on a company way )

Old August 10th, 2005, 01:01 PM   #18

slaughterj is not afraid of bears with 21303 pointsslaughterj is not afraid of bears with 21303 pointsslaughterj is not afraid of bears with 21303 pointsslaughterj is not afraid of bears with 21303 pointsslaughterj is not afraid of bears with 21303 pointsslaughterj is not afraid of bears with 21303 pointsslaughterj is not afraid of bears with 21303 pointsslaughterj is not afraid of bears with 21303 pointsslaughterj is not afraid of bears with 21303 pointsslaughterj is not afraid of bears with 21303 pointsslaughterj is not afraid of bears with 21303 points

Sounds bad, feel free to call.

Old August 10th, 2005, 01:20 PM   #19

Simms is not afraid of bears with 4761 pointsSimms is not afraid of bears with 4761 pointsSimms is not afraid of bears with 4761 pointsSimms is not afraid of bears with 4761 pointsSimms is not afraid of bears with 4761 pointsSimms is not afraid of bears with 4761 pointsSimms is not afraid of bears with 4761 pointsSimms is not afraid of bears with 4761 pointsSimms is not afraid of bears with 4761 pointsSimms is not afraid of bears with 4761 pointsSimms is not afraid of bears with 4761 points

Rich, I'm glad it sounds like your machine is finally running the way it is supposed too. Hope everything works out in your situation in your favor. Give me a call when that silver bullet is back home.

Old August 10th, 2005, 01:21 PM   #20

No Man is not afraid of bears with 2147483647 pointsNo Man is not afraid of bears with 2147483647 pointsNo Man is not afraid of bears with 2147483647 pointsNo Man is not afraid of bears with 2147483647 pointsNo Man is not afraid of bears with 2147483647 pointsNo Man is not afraid of bears with 2147483647 pointsNo Man is not afraid of bears with 2147483647 pointsNo Man is not afraid of bears with 2147483647 pointsNo Man is not afraid of bears with 2147483647 pointsNo Man is not afraid of bears with 2147483647 pointsNo Man is not afraid of bears with 2147483647 points

Mojo, You are in a bad spot here. Look at it this way. You now have knowledge of a defective component or system that is being used on Vipers. Isn't it likely that some other Viper owner is using it and experiencing the same costs and delays you are? I think you should warn others and deal with the vendor as you so choose. Just my opinion. :thumb:

Advertisement

Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen I & II

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in