FACTORY WARRANTY - Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper

Go Back   Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen I & II
» Live Feed « · War Room · Graffiti Wall · Arcade · Viper Blogs ·  

Viper Discussions - Gen I & II Discussions of Viper-related subjects covering Gen-I and Gen-II models.

FACTORY WARRANTY

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

FACTORY WARRANTY
Old August 5th, 2005, 03:13 PM   #1

snkbite97 is unremarkable with 10 points
FACTORY WARRANTY

Can someone settle this once and for all.If you install a s/c or tt do you void your warranty all together or only damage done from said mods?{if proven to be from a direct result}My viper tech said I would lose my warranty if installed,but I heard from another owner that if you have a good relationship with dealer your covered. Please clarify...Thanx Scott
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Re: FACTORY WARRANTY
Old August 5th, 2005, 04:14 PM   #2
Diamond Supporter

_Mark_ is not afraid of bears with 2698 points_Mark_ is not afraid of bears with 2698 points_Mark_ is not afraid of bears with 2698 points_Mark_ is not afraid of bears with 2698 points_Mark_ is not afraid of bears with 2698 points_Mark_ is not afraid of bears with 2698 points_Mark_ is not afraid of bears with 2698 points_Mark_ is not afraid of bears with 2698 points_Mark_ is not afraid of bears with 2698 points_Mark_ is not afraid of bears with 2698 points_Mark_ is not afraid of bears with 2698 points
Send a message via AIM to _Mark_ Send a message via Yahoo to _Mark_

Exactly

Old August 5th, 2005, 04:35 PM   #3

plumcrazy is not afraid of bears with 164368 pointsplumcrazy is not afraid of bears with 164368 pointsplumcrazy is not afraid of bears with 164368 pointsplumcrazy is not afraid of bears with 164368 pointsplumcrazy is not afraid of bears with 164368 pointsplumcrazy is not afraid of bears with 164368 pointsplumcrazy is not afraid of bears with 164368 pointsplumcrazy is not afraid of bears with 164368 pointsplumcrazy is not afraid of bears with 164368 pointsplumcrazy is not afraid of bears with 164368 pointsplumcrazy is not afraid of bears with 164368 points

call chuck tator and im sure he can explain it the best

Old August 5th, 2005, 05:44 PM   #4

CHAD is not afraid of bears with 3160 pointsCHAD is not afraid of bears with 3160 pointsCHAD is not afraid of bears with 3160 pointsCHAD is not afraid of bears with 3160 pointsCHAD is not afraid of bears with 3160 pointsCHAD is not afraid of bears with 3160 pointsCHAD is not afraid of bears with 3160 pointsCHAD is not afraid of bears with 3160 pointsCHAD is not afraid of bears with 3160 pointsCHAD is not afraid of bears with 3160 pointsCHAD is not afraid of bears with 3160 points

If you find a good service writer, they will be reasonable enough to fix a wiper motor if you add a SC, for example. I'm sure the policy is mod and lose the warranty, however.

Old August 5th, 2005, 08:49 PM   #5

The reason I'm asking is my warranty will expire soon,but can be extended. I want the coverage but there seems to be conflicting versions of what is and isnt covered. Does this mean all you guys with gen 3 vipers with tt or s/c gave up your warranty?

Old August 5th, 2005, 09:55 PM   #6

RedGTS is definately a better person than you are with 390 pointsRedGTS is definately a better person than you are with 390 pointsRedGTS is definately a better person than you are with 390 pointsRedGTS is definately a better person than you are with 390 points

The idea that your entire warranty, or any portion of your warranty, is somehow automatically "voided" by installing peformance parts is a myth. Which is not to say there aren't stupid people at dealers who help perpetuate it, of course.

Federal law provides that manufacturers must honor their warranty despite the installation of aftermarket parts (all aftermarket parts, including blowers or whatever) unless the manufacturer can prove the non-OEM part caused the damage or problem for which the owner is seeking coverage. On its face, this sounds great, because it puts the burden of proof on the manufacturer in those many disputed situations in which it's not really clear what caused the problem. Unfortunately, most dealers and manufacturers tend to take the position that if you have significant mods and want something warrantied that could be related to a mod, they aren't covering it. In effect, they put the burden back on the owner to enforce his rights via a lawsuit, which 9 times out of 10 will cost more than paying for the damage would. Dealers and manufacturers know that, and they hire lawyers all the time anyway. So the federal law is frequently not much help. This is where friendly dealers/service advisors come in, because they can ignore mods and slip things through, and some will if you get to know them because it's not their money anyway. Basically you need to develop a relationship with a dealer, tech or service advisor that will work with you; the other alternative is to remove everything if something breaks before taking it in for diagnosis, but that isn't foolproof and is definitely the less desirable option.

Old August 6th, 2005, 08:53 AM   #7

Redgts thanks for the insight. That makes perfect sense. I will first talk with my viper tech and come to some kind of understood agreement if something should arise after my install.He has been very understanding and helpful thus far. His name is Eddie Martin in Phx if any of you know him or live in this area I highly recomend him
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen I & II

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in