Viper In car video @ Autobahn Country Club road course - Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper

Go Back   Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen I & II
» Live Feed « · War Room · Graffiti Wall · Arcade · Viper Blogs ·  

Viper Discussions - Gen I & II Discussions of Viper-related subjects covering Gen-I and Gen-II models.

Viper In car video @ Autobahn Country Club road course

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old July 7th, 2005, 04:12 PM   #1

SVS Turbo is The Man with 1910 pointsSVS Turbo is The Man with 1910 pointsSVS Turbo is The Man with 1910 pointsSVS Turbo is The Man with 1910 pointsSVS Turbo is The Man with 1910 pointsSVS Turbo is The Man with 1910 pointsSVS Turbo is The Man with 1910 pointsSVS Turbo is The Man with 1910 pointsSVS Turbo is The Man with 1910 pointsSVS Turbo is The Man with 1910 pointsSVS Turbo is The Man with 1910 points

For you road race guys

In car vid of a practice session at the Autobahn Country Club. The fastest car of the day was a Porsche GT3 Cup car that was running a 2:32. I was knocking out 2:40 in lap traffic with a great deal left on the table This was our first testing at the track with our 96RT-10 Road Race Viper. 3400lbs race weight & 500rwhp. The slicks I was running were 6 years old but still had a little life in them. With proper tires and a clean qualifying lap I think we could play beneath 2:35

I left the vid go longer because I wanted to show the team units that are being built around the track, the timing and scoring and general members building in the pit area.

When exiting the track (pit in towards the end of the vid) you'll see a large team unit building (10,000sf that is owned by a member) that will house road race toys and be used for his personnal entertainment.

There will be a total of about 40 member owned team unit buildings around the perimeter of the track.

The track is awesome and when the entire facility is built out the ACC will be one of the coolest road course facilities in the country.

The vid is 26meg but you can stream it if you don't want to download it :thumb:

Lapping session
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Re: Viper In car video @ Autobahn Country Club road course
Old July 7th, 2005, 05:46 PM   #2
Enthusiast

Leslie is a B-Teamer with 146 pointsLeslie is a B-Teamer with 146 points

wow great video!

track reminds me of VIR-where is AutoBan CC?

very nice line, you handle the viper well

Old July 7th, 2005, 06:36 PM   #3
Sexist

Chuck 98 RT10 is not afraid of bears with 110924 pointsChuck 98 RT10 is not afraid of bears with 110924 pointsChuck 98 RT10 is not afraid of bears with 110924 pointsChuck 98 RT10 is not afraid of bears with 110924 pointsChuck 98 RT10 is not afraid of bears with 110924 pointsChuck 98 RT10 is not afraid of bears with 110924 pointsChuck 98 RT10 is not afraid of bears with 110924 pointsChuck 98 RT10 is not afraid of bears with 110924 pointsChuck 98 RT10 is not afraid of bears with 110924 pointsChuck 98 RT10 is not afraid of bears with 110924 pointsChuck 98 RT10 is not afraid of bears with 110924 points

Joliet, IL
www.autobahncountryclub.net

Looks like a terrific track.

Great vid. One suggestion though - sacrifice the vid length for higher res.

Old July 7th, 2005, 07:03 PM   #4

JGK95 is not afraid of bears with 61594 pointsJGK95 is not afraid of bears with 61594 pointsJGK95 is not afraid of bears with 61594 pointsJGK95 is not afraid of bears with 61594 pointsJGK95 is not afraid of bears with 61594 pointsJGK95 is not afraid of bears with 61594 pointsJGK95 is not afraid of bears with 61594 pointsJGK95 is not afraid of bears with 61594 pointsJGK95 is not afraid of bears with 61594 pointsJGK95 is not afraid of bears with 61594 pointsJGK95 is not afraid of bears with 61594 points

Ron,

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing you on the track and collecting on your promise of an outing at the Autobahn one of these days! I'm downloading the vid to be watched a million times studying each of your moves on the track. I'll watch the vid so many times that my Windows Media Player will shout ENOUGH!! NO MORE!!

You definitely represent the community well like Tommy Archer does when it comes to road racing, so I'm looking to learn all that I can from watching the video.

Thanks for recording your track time.

Jay K.

Old July 7th, 2005, 07:24 PM   #5

HIBOOST is kissing alot of ass around here with 480 pointsHIBOOST is kissing alot of ass around here with 480 pointsHIBOOST is kissing alot of ass around here with 480 pointsHIBOOST is kissing alot of ass around here with 480 pointsHIBOOST is kissing alot of ass around here with 480 points

Thanks for the Video!! :thumb:

Old July 7th, 2005, 07:41 PM   #6

jkracer is well liked with 220 pointsjkracer is well liked with 220 pointsjkracer is well liked with 220 points

I didn't watch the entire video because I got jealous, i want to drive that track. looks like much fun especially when you get close enough to pass the car in front of you.

what speed did you get up to?

Hello Jr., Hello Marry

Old July 7th, 2005, 10:10 PM   #7

SVS Turbo is The Man with 1910 pointsSVS Turbo is The Man with 1910 pointsSVS Turbo is The Man with 1910 pointsSVS Turbo is The Man with 1910 pointsSVS Turbo is The Man with 1910 pointsSVS Turbo is The Man with 1910 pointsSVS Turbo is The Man with 1910 pointsSVS Turbo is The Man with 1910 pointsSVS Turbo is The Man with 1910 pointsSVS Turbo is The Man with 1910 pointsSVS Turbo is The Man with 1910 points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie
wow great video!

track reminds me of VIR-where is AutoBan CC?

very nice line, you handle the viper well
Thanks Leslie. Never been to VIR but watched some vids and I can see how they are similar. Same type of Country Club experience with similar track lengths, layout etc. If you're ever in Chicago and want to check out the track give me a call :thumb:

Old July 7th, 2005, 10:29 PM   #8

TOOOFST is definately JV with 280 pointsTOOOFST is definately JV with 280 pointsTOOOFST is definately JV with 280 points

Thanks for posting,along with the details.

Old July 8th, 2005, 10:08 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck 98 RT10
Joliet, IL
www.autobahncountryclub.net

Looks like a terrific track.

Great vid. One suggestion though - sacrifice the vid length for higher res.
I wanted to show all the different cars getting passed, race prepared Classic Mustang, Porsche, Ferrari, BMW......granted the Viper I was driving had the advantage and it shows how much on each car as they disappear in the rear view mirror...next time shorter/hi res dogfight in the turns :thumb:

Old July 8th, 2005, 10:41 AM   #10
Sexist

Chuck 98 RT10 is not afraid of bears with 110924 pointsChuck 98 RT10 is not afraid of bears with 110924 pointsChuck 98 RT10 is not afraid of bears with 110924 pointsChuck 98 RT10 is not afraid of bears with 110924 pointsChuck 98 RT10 is not afraid of bears with 110924 pointsChuck 98 RT10 is not afraid of bears with 110924 pointsChuck 98 RT10 is not afraid of bears with 110924 pointsChuck 98 RT10 is not afraid of bears with 110924 pointsChuck 98 RT10 is not afraid of bears with 110924 pointsChuck 98 RT10 is not afraid of bears with 110924 pointsChuck 98 RT10 is not afraid of bears with 110924 points

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVS Turbo

I wanted to show all the different cars getting passed, race prepared Classic Mustang, Porsche, Ferrari, BMW......
LOL I knew that's what you were going for.

Old July 8th, 2005, 10:59 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGK95
Ron,

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing you on the track and collecting on your promise of an outing at the Autobahn one of these days! I'm downloading the vid to be watched a million times studying each of your moves on the track. I'll watch the vid so many times that my Windows Media Player will shout ENOUGH!! NO MORE!!

You definitely represent the community well like Tommy Archer does when it comes to road racing, so I'm looking to learn all that I can from watching the video.

Thanks for recording your track time.

Jay K.
Thanks Jay :thumb:

Get your car ready and lets go!

Thanks for the compliment about representing but it's quite an overstatement.

I'm no where near the level that Tommy Archer has represented and can only dream of being in such a position. As far as competing at those levels or higher, I know 110% that I could play an intense serious chess game with Tommy or anybody else, granted there's similar equipment involved. There's lots of skilled drivers out there and it takes being the "overall package" : Consistent, able to communicate the car with the engineers, staying clean on the track, car conservation, being liked by the crew, well spoken and somewhat good looking, politically verse in composure...etc....oh yeah and also very fast.

This was only a practice session and the edge looks much different :thumb:

Old July 8th, 2005, 11:07 AM   #12

TOM B is not afraid of bears with 4670 pointsTOM B is not afraid of bears with 4670 pointsTOM B is not afraid of bears with 4670 pointsTOM B is not afraid of bears with 4670 pointsTOM B is not afraid of bears with 4670 pointsTOM B is not afraid of bears with 4670 pointsTOM B is not afraid of bears with 4670 pointsTOM B is not afraid of bears with 4670 pointsTOM B is not afraid of bears with 4670 pointsTOM B is not afraid of bears with 4670 pointsTOM B is not afraid of bears with 4670 points

Nice video Ron, what day was that? Who was running the GT3 with the fast time?

By the way I know the driver of the #46 M3 you passed, he is a hell of a driver, races T2 in SCCA. Nice pass.

Old July 8th, 2005, 11:40 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkracer
I didn't watch the entire video because I got jealous, i want to drive that track. looks like much fun especially when you get close enough to pass the car in front of you.

what speed did you get up to?

Hello Jr., Hello Marry
That was my Christmas gift to you Rohn. You better hurry up or your gift certificate will expire

All you need is a car and I'll spend the day/weekend with you helping in anyway I can, with everything I know. I know members with team units and could most likely get you a spot to park a toy. Members fly in and burn tires, brakes and gas for the weekend and fly out. As a guest they only allow you to drive the track twice a year in order to keep the memberships exclusive.

Make it a plan to come up twice a year and we'll tear it up. It's not if you can do it, it's how bad do you want to do it?

I'm not sure how fast but we had a 3:73 gear and I was hitting around 5000-5500 in 5th, 140+mph maybe?? If you notice, the end of each long straight is on a downhill pitch and you can't carry as much speed as it seems you should be able too, otherwise your on an OCE.

Mary said: hello Rohn and she hopes all is well :thumb:

Old July 8th, 2005, 02:08 PM   #14
Enthusiast

Dv8tor is unremarkable with 20 points
Send a message via AIM to Dv8tor

Cool vid. Thank for sharing. Maybe one day I'll have the balls to try that.

Old July 13th, 2005, 12:22 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dv8tor
Cool vid. Thank for sharing. Maybe one day I'll have the balls to try that.
Shoot me an e-mail or give me a call and let's spend a day at the Autobahn Country Club race track :thumb:

.......if you're in the area

Old July 14th, 2005, 11:28 PM   #16

ROLLMODEL made Varsity with 1070 pointsROLLMODEL made Varsity with 1070 pointsROLLMODEL made Varsity with 1070 pointsROLLMODEL made Varsity with 1070 pointsROLLMODEL made Varsity with 1070 pointsROLLMODEL made Varsity with 1070 pointsROLLMODEL made Varsity with 1070 pointsROLLMODEL made Varsity with 1070 points

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVS Turbo

Shoot me an e-mail or give me a call and let's spend a day at the Autobahn Country Club race track :thumb:

.......if you're in the area
Ron, when are you coming up to Gingerman again?

Old July 15th, 2005, 09:48 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLLMODEL

Ron, when are you coming up to Gingerman again?

ViperWar 10 is the next event with the IL VCA at Gingerman on Aug 27-28.

I would like to go but not confirmed yet.

Gingerman is always a good time :thumb:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen I & II

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in