Found a good speaker that fits our door panels - Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper

Go Back   Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen I & II
» Live Feed « · War Room · Graffiti Wall · Arcade · Viper Blogs ·  

Viper Discussions - Gen I & II Discussions of Viper-related subjects covering Gen-I and Gen-II models.

Found a good speaker that fits our door panels

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old January 6th, 2021, 02:32 PM   #1

85vett is The Man with 1916 points85vett is The Man with 1916 points85vett is The Man with 1916 points85vett is The Man with 1916 points85vett is The Man with 1916 points85vett is The Man with 1916 points85vett is The Man with 1916 points85vett is The Man with 1916 points85vett is The Man with 1916 points85vett is The Man with 1916 points85vett is The Man with 1916 points

Finally got tired of the overlap from the 6.5 inch speakers I had installed in the car. I started looking and found that JL offers a 6" speaker now. I grabbed two and installed them today and they work perfect. Nice and flush now.

Figured I'd post this up as I see people asking periodically about speakers that fit our cars.

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-1LaTmc...io-C2-600.html

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 12th, 2021, 09:42 AM   #2

GTSnake is well liked with 190 pointsGTSnake is well liked with 190 points
does the cross overs fit inside the panel?

Last edited by GTSnake; January 12th, 2021 at 10:02 AM.

Old January 12th, 2021, 11:45 AM   #3

85vett is The Man with 1916 points85vett is The Man with 1916 points85vett is The Man with 1916 points85vett is The Man with 1916 points85vett is The Man with 1916 points85vett is The Man with 1916 points85vett is The Man with 1916 points85vett is The Man with 1916 points85vett is The Man with 1916 points85vett is The Man with 1916 points85vett is The Man with 1916 points
Yes, you should be able to put them in the door panel. I placed mine in the back (hatch area) though under the panel that covers my amp. Took some extra wire but I didn't want to risk having them come lose and vibrating in my door panel. I've seen a couple people mount theirs in the door panels though so should be fine.

Since these speakers are an exact fit of the recess for the factory speakers I had to drill 4 small holes for the mounting screws. Door panel is metal there so took a little bit of time but came out factory looking.

98 Red GTS - Corsa exhaust, Belanger Hi Flow Cats, Smooth tubes, K&N filters, Custom Stereo, Forgestar F14 wheels, BC Racing Coilovers, HOWE radiator, Tuned by Dan Lesser from Viper Specialty Performance.

Old January 13th, 2021, 05:48 PM   #4

GTSnake is well liked with 190 pointsGTSnake is well liked with 190 points
Very clean install. That rear sub looks a little small. Does it give you enough punch in the lower frequencies?

Old January 14th, 2021, 06:11 PM   #5

More than enough for this car. I'm more of a country and rock listener though so if you are more of a rap/big bass type person a larger one may be desired. It's an 8" inch sub. I was limited to that size to meet my goals of having a flush panel in the back. Going bigger was going to require me to either raise the panel or get real creative with the box to get the needed cubic air space.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen I & II

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in