Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper

Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper (https://www.viperalley.com/forum/index.php)
-   Viper Discussions - Gen I & II (https://www.viperalley.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Removing fuel module (https://www.viperalley.com/forum/showthread.php?t=298423)

GTS Dean May 31st, 2020 03:50 PM

Removing fuel module

1 Attachment(s)
I have access and 3 of 4 connections are loose. How does the convolute vapor hose come off? Do I just pry it loose at ambient with a small screwdriver, or soften it very gently and carefully with a heat gun on low and just work it loose?

8.0L>1.8T June 1st, 2020 11:27 AM

66 Attachment(s)
Service manual photo attached indicates a basic hose attachment/nipple? Hose just hard to pull off due to years of deepthroating.

Pull and pray.

I have it on good authority from a man with a brain tumor that it should just "come off."

b3rndtt0ast June 1st, 2020 01:06 PM

i used a screwdriver to pry the hose off the 90 degree fitting. i used a hose clamp when i put it back on.

GTS Dean June 1st, 2020 01:27 PM

Thanks guys. I think it's a vapor vent line that ties back into the fuel filler neck.

EllowViper June 1st, 2020 01:33 PM

GOD MAN DO NOT USE A HEAT GUN!!!! Too many vapors and the glowing heating element is a fine source of ignition. DO NOT DO IT!!

GTS Dean June 2nd, 2020 07:14 AM

It was a BITCH, but I got it loose.

99RT10&GTS June 2nd, 2020 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EllowViper (Post 4709925)
GOD MAN DO NOT USE A HEAT GUN!!!! Too many vapors and the glowing heating element is a fine source of ignition. DO NOT DO IT!!

What are you talking about?! I use a torch on almost everything that stubborn. They always come apart after a little heat.................................

:lolcry: :lolcry:

8.0L>1.8T June 2nd, 2020 09:54 AM

This^^^ includes vodka bottles.

EllowViper June 2nd, 2020 02:58 PM

Sort of funny....but when I had my little blower explosion and engine fire in Jan, I was scrambling for something to extinguish the flames with....since I was out of water in my drinking bottle. I remembered I had this 3 gallon W/M reservoir in the trunk so I spun the lid off it, dumped a shop towel in it, and threw it on the flames....whoooffff...big blue flame came out as the methanol burned off. I guess -20 washer fluid does burn...for a bit at least. THe methanol burned off pretty quick leaving the water to quench things (thankfully).