Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper

Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper (https://www.viperalley.com/forum/index.php)
-   Viper Discussions - Gen I & II (https://www.viperalley.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Supercharged 1999 GTS ACR - I finally got my Viper on the dyno so I could do the fina (https://www.viperalley.com/forum/showthread.php?t=298413)

TT_6SPD_95 May 31st, 2020 01:23 PM

Supercharged 1999 GTS ACR - I finally got my Viper on the dyno so I could do the fina
 
8 Attachment(s)
I have been chasing belt slip issues for a while now and I just got done installing the new grip pulley, green HD belt and Doug Levins belt tensioner assist piece and all is good now even without touching the belt tensioner assist once after installed. I'm sure I'll need to tighten a little bit soon as the belt should stretch to a point...maybe it will make another pound? Not sure.

The "really rough" pulley's don't do as good btw. If anyone needs help with belt slip on their supercharged Viper I have many pointers now! 🙂

Anyway, I got the car on the dyno and did a pull and the car was actually making a lot better boost now which it has NEVER done yet, so onto the tuning!

Now that boost was consistent I tuned the car the rest of the way and it made 1,007rwhp/1,021rwtq at 14lbs of boost. It actually makes boost now to redline instead of dropping off. Compared to the last time on the dyno the car gained 220rwhp at 5,800rpm and around 100rwhp at around 5,200rpm as boost does much better now at upper rpms's...especially 5,500+rpm!

Now it's ready for the street. 🙂

Endlessgts May 31st, 2020 01:32 PM

Subscribing! I just picked up a 98 GTS with the Paxton kit....no boost gauge so I can't monitor boost yet, but I have a feeling Im going to need to make some changes to it anyways....What was the best way to reach Doug at DLM? I would like to get his tensioner, new pulley, and belt.

Endlessgts May 31st, 2020 01:34 PM

Also I'd love more details on your setup please....Looks like a monster!

TT_6SPD_95 May 31st, 2020 02:09 PM

8 Attachment(s)
What are all the modifications on your Viper? I can get you his number for you...just doing family things at the moment. I'll be back later.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Endlessgts (Post 4709629)
Subscribing! I just picked up a 98 GTS with the Paxton kit....no boost gauge so I can't monitor boost yet, but I have a feeling Im going to need to make some changes to it anyways....What was the best way to reach Doug at DLM? I would like to get his tensioner, new pulley, and belt.


Endlessgts May 31st, 2020 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TT_6SPD_95 (Post 4709641)
What are all the modifications on your Viper? I can get you his number for you...just doing family things at the moment. I'll be back later.

Mine just has the Paxton kit on it....Corsa exhaust. Still stock headers. Engine was also refreshed and has Diamond Pistons in it....I'd like to go to e85...re-tune....smaller pulley....and headers. Keep it mild.

99RT10&GTS May 31st, 2020 07:43 PM

Bad-ass car!!!!

8.0L>1.8T May 31st, 2020 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TT_6SPD_95 (Post 4709627)
I made 1,007rwhp/1,021rwtq at 14lbs of boost.

Holy FUCK.

TT_6SPD_95 May 31st, 2020 08:29 PM

8 Attachment(s)
A quick rundown on the setup...if you need more details just let me know and I'll find the build sheet from a while back to make sure I don't miss anything for you as it's all in the details:

Built engine, heads/cam package, headers, exhaust, Paxton NOVI 2000 supercharger kit, 2.75" upper pulley, Triple bypass radiator (amazing modification to these cars btw), TR6060 transmission, upgraded plug wires, HD Green Belt, RSI pump hanger, Walbro 450lph pumps and of course everything fully polished by me.

Good luck on your car and let me know if you have any questions and I'll help you out the best I can. The biggest problem with these supercharger setups on the Viper is the right combination to get the pulley to not slip at higher boost levels!

Tony B

Quote:

Originally Posted by Endlessgts (Post 4709631)
Also I'd love more details on your setup please....Looks like a monster!


TT_6SPD_95 May 31st, 2020 08:37 PM

8 Attachment(s)
Do you know what upper pulley you have on there now? I'm assuming the crank pulley is stock?

Tony B.

Quote:

Mine just has the Paxton kit on it....Corsa exhaust. Still stock headers. Engine was also refreshed and has Diamond Pistons in it....I'd like to go to e85...re-tune....smaller pulley....and headers. Keep it mild.

TT_6SPD_95 May 31st, 2020 08:43 PM

8 Attachment(s)
Thanks!

I just wanted to build a very streetable Viper like my Supra. The Viper is not as fast as my Supra, but it still has its own kind of fun to it. It's just different to drive and the off throttle torque with no brake boosting and such makes the Viper a very different animal and an amazing machine to drive!

Tony B.
Quote:

Originally Posted by 99RT10>S (Post 4709711)
Bad-ass car!!!!


Endlessgts May 31st, 2020 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TT_6SPD_95 (Post 4709729)
Do you know what upper pulley you have on there now? I'm assuming the crank pulley is stock?

Tony B.

I dont know yet....just got the car back home on Friday....enjoyed driving it this weekend and now this week I will look the car over more. I wanted to call DLM and talk to them about pulley setups....Hoping to get it to around 12-14psi and not have slipping belt issues.

What tensioner setup do you have with that 2.75" pulley? And which crank pulley?

I bet your car is a blast to drive!

White Out May 31st, 2020 10:39 PM

hot damn!

Endlessgts June 1st, 2020 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TT_6SPD_95 (Post 4709729)
Do you know what upper pulley you have on there now? I'm assuming the crank pulley is stock?

Tony B.

Can I PM you to discuss your setup more and how to reach DLM?

TT_6SPD_95 June 1st, 2020 05:22 PM

Yes, that will be fine, no problem.

Tony B.


Quote:

Can I PM you to discuss your setup more and how to reach DLM?

Brickhead June 1st, 2020 07:17 PM

Beautiful car! Wheels, red stripe tires, & all that speed! Wow!

TT_6SPD_95 June 1st, 2020 07:59 PM

8 Attachment(s)
Thanks, the Iforged wheels have the pinstripe, not the tires. Not sure if maybe that is what you meant.

Tony B.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brickhead (Post 4710055)
Beautiful car! Wheels, red stripe tires, & all that speed! Wow!


WDW MKR June 1st, 2020 08:51 PM

Beautiful car and setup. Makes me want that F1X even more, though I swore Id keep this car naturally aspirated. A black 99 ACR with that kind of power is a holy grail car.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TT_6SPD_95 June 1st, 2020 09:39 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Thanks! I just did the adjustable suspension on it a little while back. Here are some photos in light that isn't washing the photo out. Lol The suspension setup works really well and is a solid upgrade...kept the original Koni adjustables in the box though. 🙂

And ya, I was going to keep mine stock too as I had the Supra for power, but that "I'm keeping it stock" didn't last too long. Haha

Quote:

Originally Posted by WDW MKR (Post 4710077)
Beautiful car and setup. Makes me want that F1X even more, though I swore I’d keep this car naturally aspirated. A black ‘99 ACR with that kind of power is a holy grail car.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


metroacr June 2nd, 2020 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TT_6SPD_95 (Post 4710085)
Thanks! I just did the adjustable suspension on it a little while back. Here are some photos in light that isn't washing the photo out. Lol The suspension setup works really well and is a solid upgrade...kept the original Koni adjustables in the box though. 🙂

And ya, I was going to keep mine stock too as I had the Supra for power, but that "I'm keeping it stock" didn't last too long. Haha

Can you give us specific details on engine like cam specs head work

Skidmark June 2nd, 2020 12:59 PM

Very nice! I have a 99 GTS with a Novi 2000 as well on stock internals, only making about 55% of the HP yours is.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
ViperAlley.com is in no way affiliated with Daimler Chrysler. Dodge, Viper, RT/10, the Viper logo and likeness are registered trademarks of Daimler Chrysler.
The contents of this site are owned by ViperAlley.Com and may not be used or reproduced without the express written permission of the Administrator.