Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper

Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper (https://www.viperalley.com/forum/index.php)
-   Viper Discussions - Gen I & II (https://www.viperalley.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Plug n Play fan wiring upgrade (https://www.viperalley.com/forum/showthread.php?t=298365)

CottonMouth May 26th, 2020 08:02 PM

Plug n Play fan wiring upgrade

Does anyone offer a plug and play solution for the undersized wiring going to the coolant fan? I'd like to do the stand alone relay mod and I'd rather buy a kit with all the relays and everything in it as opposed to sourcing all the individual pieces. Thanks.

99RT10&GTS May 26th, 2020 08:16 PM

Dave6666 has a solution, maybe he can chime in........................

8.0L>1.8T May 26th, 2020 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CottonMouth (Post 4708789)
Does anyone offer a plug and play solution for the undersized wiring going to the coolant fan? I'd like to do the stand alone relay mod and I'd rather buy a kit with all the relays and everything in it as opposed to sourcing all the individual pieces. Thanks.

There's only 1 man that can handle this load. That's big D himself!

Quote:

Originally Posted by 99RT10>S (Post 4708791)
Dave6666 has a solution, maybe he can chime in........................

Yasssssssssss!

Turbokraft May 27th, 2020 06:30 AM

Need more Dave6666.....

EllowViper May 27th, 2020 06:36 AM

Just piece it together yourself. One man's plug-n-play is another man's hack job. My set-up could very easily be packaged as a plug-n-play kit, but Dave would probably just shake his head and say "come on Man...seriously"....

85vett May 27th, 2020 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EllowViper (Post 4708823)
Just piece it together yourself. One man's plug-n-play is another man's hack job and another mans disaster in waiting. "....

Fixed it for you. I'm the disaster in waiting person when it comes to electrical stuff...

CottonMouth May 27th, 2020 05:45 PM

So know one knows of a company that sells everything as plug and play kit, got it. I've read the write ups and I could piece everything together if I had to, but in order to save time I'd like to find a plug and play kit. Its prime driving weather and I want to spend what little free time I have driving my cars, not working on them. This may end up being a winter time project.

EllowViper May 28th, 2020 08:10 AM

There are so many variables....like where to mount the relays...in a box or in the open...behind the radiator or near the PDB...reuse some factory wiring/connections or rewire the entire system...and so forth. Sort of like asking what is the best flavor ice cream...cone or cup?

RobV May 28th, 2020 11:23 AM

I might make one depending on time.