Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper

Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper (https://www.viperalley.com/forum/index.php)
-   Viper Discussions - Gen I & II (https://www.viperalley.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Door Lock Light (https://www.viperalley.com/forum/showthread.php?t=297487)

Chuck 98 RT10 February 7th, 2020 09:22 PM

Door Lock Light

I almost never use my key fob. Therefore my car is unlocked all the time. Recently I noticed after parking and walking away the little light on the door handle switch remains on. Could you guys check yours to see if it does the same thing. 98 or newer. I'm having a little trouble with my passengers outside door button and wonder if it is related to the lights remaining on after the key is out of the ignition.

Stoney901 February 8th, 2020 10:01 AM

My 98 the light stays on a minute or so when unlocked and when the door opened. Goes out when locked.

Chuck 98 RT10 February 8th, 2020 10:34 AM

So if you don't use the key fob to lock it the door lock lights stay on?

Stoney901 February 8th, 2020 10:42 AM

When you shut the door light stays on about 1 minute then goes out. Not locking with fob.

Chuck 98 RT10 February 8th, 2020 01:37 PM

Thanks. Looks like I have a problem.

dirtbag February 8th, 2020 02:40 PM

Maybe the hood sensor? I'm guessing the alarm isn't activating is why the light isn't going out, it may think one of the sensors is still open.

Chuck 98 RT10 February 8th, 2020 03:15 PM

I never set the alarm. My key fob broke years ago.

1994redram February 16th, 2020 12:46 PM

My GTS is having the same issue. I have a bad battery drain also. My brand new battery goes flat after 2-3 days of sitting. My alarm works and opening the doors, hood, or trunk will set it off. So all of the switches seem to be working fine.

Chuck 98 RT10 April 4th, 2020 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1994redram (Post 4694133)
My GTS is having the same issue. I have a bad battery drain also. My brand new battery goes flat after 2-3 days of sitting. My alarm works and opening the doors, hood, or trunk will set it off. So all of the switches seem to be working fine.

Bumping this. My Viper sat for a week and now the doors won't open. Might take it to the dealer this week.

1994redram April 13th, 2020 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck 98 RT10 (Post 4701167)
Bumping this. My Viper sat for a week and now the doors won't open. Might take it to the dealer this week.

I fixed the issue with my car. It ended up being the exterior switch on the driver side door. Someone had replaced it with a constant on/closed switch... You had to be quick when opening the door or the latch wouldn't release completely. That should have been a red flag to me.

I got a used switch and it works perfect now. The car sat for nearly 3 weeks without the battery needing a charge. I'm happy.