AEM EMS 30-1500U plug and play ecu - Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper

Go Back   Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen I & II
» Live Feed « · War Room · Graffiti Wall · Arcade · Viper Blogs ·  

Viper Discussions - Gen I & II Discussions of Viper-related subjects covering Gen-I and Gen-II models.

AEM EMS 30-1500U plug and play ecu

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old January 9th, 2020, 03:04 PM   #1
n00b

vabutkus is unremarkable with 10 points

Hi,

is anyone using this ECU on their 2gen?

The problem is, that the car which I imported had this ECU installed due it had A paxton kit installed and needed custom mapping. It also had 10 channel AEM injector controller. The guys which at first got the car to repair somehow didint put much effort in trying to connect to this ECU and simply changed it to ECUMASTER which now turns out is not good for this car at all. We mapped it but it only sees 1 wideband controller and basically mirrors 5 cylinders which is not safe nor clever thing to have. My question is, is it worth putting back the old AEM ecu, the injector controller and everything else as it was, get a laptop with older windows xp (seems that they are the latest supported windows) and try mapping it? I am lost at this now, as none of the gauges inside work, alternator has no signal and is not charging and so on. Putting back the AEM would sort all the problems and save tons of time and money trying to put the wiring back and still not sure if everything would work with that EMU Classic. Or should I buy a different up to date EMS (which is likely to be costly due to V10)? The car is pretty basic so cant make up my mind if it needs the latest brains to work. By the way I do not have the cable to connect it to my Laptop and is the software still available to download? thanks in advance for any help

p.s. sorry for my bad English

Last edited by vabutkus; January 9th, 2020 at 03:10 PM.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 13th, 2020, 01:12 AM   #2

ReboundViper is definately a better person than you are with 440 pointsReboundViper is definately a better person than you are with 440 pointsReboundViper is definately a better person than you are with 440 pointsReboundViper is definately a better person than you are with 440 pointsReboundViper is definately a better person than you are with 440 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by vabutkus View Post
Hi,

is anyone using this ECU on their 2gen?

The problem is, that the car which I imported had this ECU installed due it had A paxton kit installed and needed custom mapping. It also had 10 channel AEM injector controller. The guys which at first got the car to repair somehow didint put much effort in trying to connect to this ECU and simply changed it to ECUMASTER which now turns out is not good for this car at all. We mapped it but it only sees 1 wideband controller and basically mirrors 5 cylinders which is not safe nor clever thing to have. My question is, is it worth putting back the old AEM ecu, the injector controller and everything else as it was, get a laptop with older windows xp (seems that they are the latest supported windows) and try mapping it? I am lost at this now, as none of the gauges inside work, alternator has no signal and is not charging and so on. Putting back the AEM would sort all the problems and save tons of time and money trying to put the wiring back and still not sure if everything would work with that EMU Classic. Or should I buy a different up to date EMS (which is likely to be costly due to V10)? The car is pretty basic so cant make up my mind if it needs the latest brains to work. By the way I do not have the cable to connect it to my Laptop and is the software still available to download? thanks in advance for any help

p.s. sorry for my bad English

I have this in one of my cars, the other as the AEM Infinity.
I like it over the stock system. Alot more customization if you have a lot of mods.

Old January 13th, 2020, 11:15 AM   #3

Lunchbox made Varsity with 1310 pointsLunchbox made Varsity with 1310 pointsLunchbox made Varsity with 1310 pointsLunchbox made Varsity with 1310 pointsLunchbox made Varsity with 1310 pointsLunchbox made Varsity with 1310 pointsLunchbox made Varsity with 1310 pointsLunchbox made Varsity with 1310 pointsLunchbox made Varsity with 1310 pointsLunchbox made Varsity with 1310 points
From my understanding these work pretty well but there are some hardware reliability issues with them and aem doesn’t repair them anymore but some 3rd party companies do. Also I believe you have to wire a bunch of stuff to get the door locks and windows to work from what I read with the official install manual.

If you aren’t using the stock pcm and don’t want to use the aem v1, you’re only really left with the aem infinity or doing something like motec, or something else custom wired in. Most solutions are not cheap so buckle up.

Last edited by Lunchbox; January 13th, 2020 at 11:36 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen I & II

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in