Looking for previous owners of my 97 GTS - Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper

Go Back   Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen I & II
» Live Feed « · War Room · Graffiti Wall · Arcade · Viper Blogs ·  

Viper Discussions - Gen I & II Discussions of Viper-related subjects covering Gen-I and Gen-II models.

Looking for previous owners of my 97 GTS

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)

Old January 7th, 2020, 08:43 AM   #1
n00b

vabutkus is unremarkable with 10 points

Hello,

a couple of years ago bought this on an auction in Texas, imported to Europe and only recently started working on it. It is a 1997 GTS blue with white stripes and bought it with left rear suspension damage and broken rear glass, probably hit a curb as the wheel was shattered into pieces and frame damaged. Mileage 23K

It is non stock, has complete paxton/vortech supercharger kit installed apart from the charger itself, now its rerouted to work as N/A. Fuel rails, 2x Bosch 044 pumps, AEM ECU with AEM 10 channel injector controller, Earl`s black fuel lines from tank to rails, aeromotive fuel filter, oil catch can on the right side, aftermarket exhaust, from the sound I would say it also has an aftermarket cam. Also had chromed double spoke wheels, Alcon coilovers, interior is all stock apart from Alpine speakers and had amp wires going to the back, shifter with a viper logo on it, also had color matched top rear spoiler mounts with lower aluminum brackets underneath. So far I only have the name of the guy on the title which doesnt lead me anywhere. I believe that the internals are also non stock and would love to know at least some of its history and mod list or power it used to make.

It now has a new rear suspension, fixed frame damage, started and mapped engine with a new standalone ECU as the old AEM is way too old to work with, stock 17" wheels as a temporary solution and new BC coilovers. Going to repaint it in original color scheme as it has various imperfections on the paint, put the blower back on and some later model wheels in 18-19" just to make it easier with the rear tire changes.

Any help is appreciated!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 7th, 2020, 10:22 AM   #2

Lunchbox made Varsity with 1160 pointsLunchbox made Varsity with 1160 pointsLunchbox made Varsity with 1160 pointsLunchbox made Varsity with 1160 pointsLunchbox made Varsity with 1160 pointsLunchbox made Varsity with 1160 pointsLunchbox made Varsity with 1160 pointsLunchbox made Varsity with 1160 pointsLunchbox made Varsity with 1160 points
Always cool to see these get imported to Europe or other countries outside the USA. Its always interesting to see the reactions of people when they discover it has an 8.0 V10 in it.

Cam may be stock tbh, the 708 cam thats in the earlier models sounds pretty tough out of the box and just exhaust will make it sound much meaner. Also stock internals are good for alot of power on the earlier models. Very possible the guts are still stock there too. 1000hp isnt un-common on stock rods/crank/pistons...

Anyhow, your best bet is to post the VIN number. I think there are also some registries online you could search with your VIN number also to see if the previous owner registered it perhaps and maybe help track them down somehow. You might also try viperclub.org forums and driveviper.com forums perhaps. Also some of the facebook groups are a bit more active than the forums, but most of us here don't really bother much with the facebook crowd thus the reason we're still posting here

Sorry i can be of more help but i'm sure someone else might chime in here with some helpful info.

Old January 7th, 2020, 11:16 AM   #3
n00b

thanks for help! VIN is 1B3ER69E5VV301453

I found it on viperregistry.com/forum/

Strangely it is added to the register on January 2019 , it was almost a year I have exported it

The registry states:

PAXTON SUPERCHARGER

DYNO TESTED

713.8 AT REAR WHEELS

694.7 FT/LB TORQUE

B&B HEADERS AND EXHAUST

55LB INJECTORS w/UPGRADED FUEL SYSTEM

AEM STAND ALONE COMPUTER/ AEM PEAK & HOLD

AIR TO WATER INTERCOOLER

3:73 REAR END

GTR ADJUSTABLE SPOILER

19" RIMS WITH NEW MICHELINS

FULLY ADJUSTABLE SUSPENSION WITH REBOUND COMPRESSION AND RIDE HEIGHT ADJUSTMENT

UPGRADED ALPINE COMPONENTS

20179 MILES

6 SPEED

AIRCONDITION

Last edited by vabutkus; January 7th, 2020 at 11:29 AM.

Old January 7th, 2020, 11:56 AM   #4

99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 105904 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 105904 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 105904 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 105904 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 105904 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 105904 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 105904 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 105904 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 105904 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 105904 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 105904 points
If you are looking for some late model wheels. I have black Gen V 5 spokes, new in the box for $1800. I also have a used set of ACR rims for $2000. Lastly, how about some 6 spoke wheels?

Old January 8th, 2020, 01:10 AM   #5
n00b

aaand found a picture of how it looked, might help

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen I & II

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in