02 Viper rear brake options to fit CCW Drag Pack - Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper

Go Back   Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen I & II
» Live Feed « · War Room · Graffiti Wall · Arcade · Viper Blogs ·  

Viper Discussions - Gen I & II Discussions of Viper-related subjects covering Gen-I and Gen-II models.

02 Viper rear brake options to fit CCW Drag Pack

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old September 24th, 2019, 10:40 PM   #1

ReboundViper is definately a better person than you are with 440 pointsReboundViper is definately a better person than you are with 440 pointsReboundViper is definately a better person than you are with 440 pointsReboundViper is definately a better person than you are with 440 pointsReboundViper is definately a better person than you are with 440 points

Hey guys,

So I need to get some info on what people are switching to. I read on driveviper someone used the front gen 2 brakes on the rear to fit the 16" CCW drag pack.

As you know the 02 GTS has ABS and the CCW drag pack will not fit over the bolt.

I have a pretty awesome setup on these CCW's so I would like to make them work, and do it the cheapest way possible because I am already spending a ton on other parts.

Any advice would be appreciated!
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 25th, 2019, 07:30 AM   #2
Landscaping Professional

GTS Dean is not afraid of bears with 58146 pointsGTS Dean is not afraid of bears with 58146 pointsGTS Dean is not afraid of bears with 58146 pointsGTS Dean is not afraid of bears with 58146 pointsGTS Dean is not afraid of bears with 58146 pointsGTS Dean is not afraid of bears with 58146 pointsGTS Dean is not afraid of bears with 58146 pointsGTS Dean is not afraid of bears with 58146 pointsGTS Dean is not afraid of bears with 58146 pointsGTS Dean is not afraid of bears with 58146 pointsGTS Dean is not afraid of bears with 58146 points
I'm not certain which "bolt" you are referring to, but I have hear many references to CCW clearance issues that were solved by some relatively minor grinding at, or near the banjo bolt at the fluid inlet.

Old September 25th, 2019, 06:57 PM   #3

ReboundViper is definately a better person than you are with 440 pointsReboundViper is definately a better person than you are with 440 pointsReboundViper is definately a better person than you are with 440 pointsReboundViper is definately a better person than you are with 440 pointsReboundViper is definately a better person than you are with 440 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTS Dean View Post
I'm not certain which "bolt" you are referring to, but I have hear many references to CCW clearance issues that were solved by some relatively minor grinding at, or near the banjo bolt at the fluid inlet.
The banjo bolt is what I'm referring to. And even if you cut the entire head off it still rubs. Badly. I need someone who has made this work to chime in and give me some advice cause from the looks of it the abs needs to be altered significantly to make this work.

Old September 26th, 2019, 07:08 AM   #4
Landscaping Professional

GTS Dean is not afraid of bears with 58146 pointsGTS Dean is not afraid of bears with 58146 pointsGTS Dean is not afraid of bears with 58146 pointsGTS Dean is not afraid of bears with 58146 pointsGTS Dean is not afraid of bears with 58146 pointsGTS Dean is not afraid of bears with 58146 pointsGTS Dean is not afraid of bears with 58146 pointsGTS Dean is not afraid of bears with 58146 pointsGTS Dean is not afraid of bears with 58146 pointsGTS Dean is not afraid of bears with 58146 pointsGTS Dean is not afraid of bears with 58146 points
Wheel spacers, longer studs, and grind the banjo bolt.

Old October 4th, 2019, 03:02 PM   #5
Enthusiast

1a-play is a B-Teamer with 134 points1a-play is a B-Teamer with 134 points
I have a 17 inch ccw drag pack and they work great

Old October 5th, 2019, 09:21 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1a-play View Post
I have a 17 inch ccw drag pack and they work great
You bastard haha I got the 16" to work. Modified brake line and banjo bolt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen I & II

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in