Really like this 93' Viper BUT...... - Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper

Go Back   Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen I & II
» Live Feed « · War Room · Graffiti Wall · Arcade · Viper Blogs ·  

Viper Discussions - Gen I & II Discussions of Viper-related subjects covering Gen-I and Gen-II models.

Really like this 93' Viper BUT......

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old August 5th, 2019, 01:05 AM   #1
n00b

ManOfStealth is a B-Teamer with 110 pointsManOfStealth is a B-Teamer with 110 points

Weston Auto Gallery in Colorado has a red 1993 viper for sell.

I've been following a couple of "for sell" Vipers for a few months to get a feel for the market and I keep coming back to this one in particular. It pushes a lot of my buttons but I have some reservations too.

The pros for this car are many. I want a driver so the 20,000 miles on the car are fine by me. The price, started out near 34K and now sits at 28.9K. Pictures and video show this car to be in very good condition with a hard top (not my fave) and extra set of original wheels. Nice set of Gen 2 wheels on the car presently. Also appears to be an early 1993 antenna car but with the antenna removed due to newer radio.

I have a few reservations about the car as well. That roll bar kind of scares me. I'd really like to stay away from a tracked car. No spare, makes me think they removed it for weight savings while tracking the car? Maybe the 17" tires were hard to come by when racing and they bought 18" wheels to afford more tires or have a better tire selection?? Ad does not mention air conditioning. I'm thinking most 93's lack A/C. Living in Texas, this will be tough.

Give me your thoughts on this car. Am I looking way to far into these issues or do the gurus here agree with my suspicions about the car being tracked. Any personal knowledge about this car, it's had about 6 previous owners.

Thanks
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 5th, 2019, 04:37 PM   #2
Diamond Supporter

Viper4Christ is not afraid of bears with 45706 pointsViper4Christ is not afraid of bears with 45706 pointsViper4Christ is not afraid of bears with 45706 pointsViper4Christ is not afraid of bears with 45706 pointsViper4Christ is not afraid of bears with 45706 pointsViper4Christ is not afraid of bears with 45706 pointsViper4Christ is not afraid of bears with 45706 pointsViper4Christ is not afraid of bears with 45706 pointsViper4Christ is not afraid of bears with 45706 pointsViper4Christ is not afraid of bears with 45706 pointsViper4Christ is not afraid of bears with 45706 points
Link to ad?

The rear cross brace is not a roll bar, it's just part of the design of the car. 1994 is the first year AC was introduced so you're right in assuming this won't come with any.
Best bet is to contact the owner and ask them all your questions.

Old August 5th, 2019, 05:04 PM   #3

99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 105154 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 105154 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 105154 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 105154 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 105154 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 105154 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 105154 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 105154 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 105154 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 105154 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 105154 points
$29K for a rear antenna 93 is a no brainer if it has been kept up. Do a thorough inspection, but that is an easy decision if it checks out

Old August 5th, 2019, 09:46 PM   #4
n00b

ManOfStealth is a B-Teamer with 110 pointsManOfStealth is a B-Teamer with 110 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper4Christ View Post
Link to ad?
Can't post links/URL until 15 posts. Google Weston Auto Gallery and view inventory. Also have a youtube channel with videos.

Thanks for your input

Old August 5th, 2019, 10:08 PM   #5
Landscaping Professional

GTS Dean is not afraid of bears with 58296 pointsGTS Dean is not afraid of bears with 58296 pointsGTS Dean is not afraid of bears with 58296 pointsGTS Dean is not afraid of bears with 58296 pointsGTS Dean is not afraid of bears with 58296 pointsGTS Dean is not afraid of bears with 58296 pointsGTS Dean is not afraid of bears with 58296 pointsGTS Dean is not afraid of bears with 58296 pointsGTS Dean is not afraid of bears with 58296 pointsGTS Dean is not afraid of bears with 58296 pointsGTS Dean is not afraid of bears with 58296 points
Pics aren't very large, but the car looks very decent inside and out. Front fascia looks straight, not much noteworthy except the door handle trim missing on the driver's side. Ask about the top and side windows. Present? condition? Roll bar is fine. Need to get it on a lift and check the frame for scrapes & dents, check the shocks for leaks, look at the suspension adjustment cams and compare side-side for evenness, and generally being well centered in the ears. Check the tires for even wear.

Old August 9th, 2019, 03:16 PM   #6
n00b

It sold. I guess someone else liked it too.

Would love to get feedback from the buyer on this car. Please post if you're the one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen I & II

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in