Corroded O2 Sensor Connector: Vinegar, Rinse, Grease???
After 18 years, preparing to drive my GTS home to PA from NV!
Found 1 pin receptacle in the sensor connector that was loaded with "copper sulfate.
I squirted white vinegar liberally on both connectors and let sit for about 30 minutes.
Then a good flush with water.
Not sure if I want to use compressed air to dry since not sure how the "oxygen path" is designed - last thing I want to do is force air between the wire and insulation if that is the oxygen path.
Now the BIG QUESTION: I want to grease the pins to eliminate future corrosion. (The pins are in the loom connector, the receptacles in the O2 connector.)
Again, I don't want to mess up the oxygen path.
I'm thinking a tiny model paint brush with just enough grease to wet the hairs, and brush the pins. This should result in a very thin coating.
Last edited by Squid; July 5th, 2019 at 01:13 PM.