12V Power source near main fuse box - Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper

Go Back   Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen I & II
» Live Feed « · War Room · Graffiti Wall · Arcade · Viper Blogs ·  

Viper Discussions - Gen I & II Discussions of Viper-related subjects covering Gen-I and Gen-II models.

12V Power source near main fuse box

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old May 15th, 2019, 09:04 AM   #1
Enthusiast

Lunchbox is well liked with 210 pointsLunchbox is well liked with 210 pointsLunchbox is well liked with 210 points

Hey everyone,

Looking for a good Key on engine on 12v power source near the main fuse block under hood or just under the dash somewhere on the drivers side to trigger my oil scavenge pump on startup for my twin turbo setup. Any suggestions? Im installing this on my 01 GTS just for reference.

Last edited by Lunchbox; May 15th, 2019 at 09:22 AM.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 15th, 2019, 01:09 PM   #2
Enthusiast

sassafras made Varsity with 994 pointssassafras made Varsity with 994 pointssassafras made Varsity with 994 pointssassafras made Varsity with 994 pointssassafras made Varsity with 994 pointssassafras made Varsity with 994 pointssassafras made Varsity with 994 pointssassafras made Varsity with 994 points
https://www.amazon.com/Add-Fuse-same.../dp/B007FFG5YI

Old May 15th, 2019, 01:25 PM   #3
Enthusiast

Lunchbox is well liked with 210 pointsLunchbox is well liked with 210 pointsLunchbox is well liked with 210 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
Thanks for the link. I was planning on use something similar if not the same once i found a good circuit to use as the "trigger" for the relay.

Old May 16th, 2019, 09:55 AM   #4

EllowViper is not afraid of bears with 10111 pointsEllowViper is not afraid of bears with 10111 pointsEllowViper is not afraid of bears with 10111 pointsEllowViper is not afraid of bears with 10111 pointsEllowViper is not afraid of bears with 10111 pointsEllowViper is not afraid of bears with 10111 pointsEllowViper is not afraid of bears with 10111 pointsEllowViper is not afraid of bears with 10111 pointsEllowViper is not afraid of bears with 10111 pointsEllowViper is not afraid of bears with 10111 pointsEllowViper is not afraid of bears with 10111 points
https://www.amazon.com/6-Way-Blade-L...omotive&sr=1-3

I used this and mounted it next to the main fuse assembly. Pretty handy.

Old May 19th, 2019, 05:31 PM   #5

BOTTLEFED is not afraid of bears with 7619 pointsBOTTLEFED is not afraid of bears with 7619 pointsBOTTLEFED is not afraid of bears with 7619 pointsBOTTLEFED is not afraid of bears with 7619 pointsBOTTLEFED is not afraid of bears with 7619 pointsBOTTLEFED is not afraid of bears with 7619 pointsBOTTLEFED is not afraid of bears with 7619 pointsBOTTLEFED is not afraid of bears with 7619 pointsBOTTLEFED is not afraid of bears with 7619 pointsBOTTLEFED is not afraid of bears with 7619 pointsBOTTLEFED is not afraid of bears with 7619 points
Lunchbox, I have a fuse box like Eric posted above switched on by a relay and mounted under the dash. Its convenient to have this to power add-ons like WBO2 sensors, additional gauges, and controllers.
I pulled off the lower steering column cover and found the wires going to the ignition switch. I used a test light to poke around in the wires while turning the key on and see when it would light up. Then I just spliced into it for the relay on my fuse box.

Old May 20th, 2019, 09:24 AM   #6
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOTTLEFED View Post
Lunchbox, I have a fuse box like Eric posted above switched on by a relay and mounted under the dash. Its convenient to have this to power add-ons like WBO2 sensors, additional gauges, and controllers.
I pulled off the lower steering column cover and found the wires going to the ignition switch. I used a test light to poke around in the wires while turning the key on and see when it would light up. Then I just spliced into it for the relay on my fuse box.
Yeah i figured id have to do something similar. Thought maybe someone had a "here use this fuse in the box as its worked for me" but, no big deal. Sounds like i was right in thinking that was probably the way to go.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone, ill get to work.

Old May 20th, 2019, 12:05 PM   #7

RobV is not afraid of bears with 11638 pointsRobV is not afraid of bears with 11638 pointsRobV is not afraid of bears with 11638 pointsRobV is not afraid of bears with 11638 pointsRobV is not afraid of bears with 11638 pointsRobV is not afraid of bears with 11638 pointsRobV is not afraid of bears with 11638 pointsRobV is not afraid of bears with 11638 pointsRobV is not afraid of bears with 11638 pointsRobV is not afraid of bears with 11638 pointsRobV is not afraid of bears with 11638 points
Do not have the service manual on me, but just search the fuse panel for a blank hole. Sometimes there is a blank with an 12V input lead but no output lead.

Old May 28th, 2019, 09:07 AM   #8
Enthusiast

So just thought id bump this and post something that maybe can be used by someone who may travel these same steps later on.

I picked up a time delay relay to ensure the oil return pump stays running after the car is off briefly instead of wiring in some hacky turbo timer. I didnt want to go the turbo timer route because i'd have no place to cleanly mount inside the car where it was accessible, yet out of the way that i was happy with.

https://www.qualitymobilevideo.com/bu508td.html

This should do the trick and is adjustable. Just wire it up with a relay socket and fused power and you're done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen I & II

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in