Wiring Help '96 RT/10 - Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper

Go Back   Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen I & II
» Live Feed « · War Room · Graffiti Wall · Arcade · Viper Blogs ·  

Viper Discussions - Gen I & II Discussions of Viper-related subjects covering Gen-I and Gen-II models.

Wiring Help '96 RT/10

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Wiring Help '96 RT/10
Old May 3rd, 2019, 11:42 PM   #1
n00b

Viper_SC is unremarkable with 10 points
Wiring Help '96 RT/10

Hi,

I am working on my '96 RT/10, and need to replace the fuse box that is normally located under the dash on the drivers side. The car has been converted from left hand to right hand drive (for use in Australia) and the quality of the job is somewhat sh!t... to say the least... wiring is a mess... hence the reason I am rewiring this fuse box... but I have a couple of issues.

I am unable to find any form of wiring diagram which would help me understand what each fuse is for. I do not have the original cover, it was never put back on when they converted the car.

I have gone through each fuse by pulling them out and seeing what no longer works but am still unable to identify the following:
Fuse #3 second from the top on the left hand side. it has a purple wire with a red stripe. Can't work out what it does.

Can not find a fuse that controls the high beams... I pulled all the fuses and they stay on... Is this fuse elsewhere? Fuse #4 seams to do the low beams

Can not find a fuse that controls the A/C. again pulled everything and it stays on...

Can not find a fuse that controls the Cig lighter...

I also have 4 holes that have no fuses in them... #2, 10, 13, 17 should these have anything connected?

Any info would be great. a full wiring diagram would be awesome if anyone has one?

Thanks
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 7th, 2019, 04:44 PM   #2

daaam is not afraid of bears with 5769 pointsdaaam is not afraid of bears with 5769 pointsdaaam is not afraid of bears with 5769 pointsdaaam is not afraid of bears with 5769 pointsdaaam is not afraid of bears with 5769 pointsdaaam is not afraid of bears with 5769 pointsdaaam is not afraid of bears with 5769 pointsdaaam is not afraid of bears with 5769 pointsdaaam is not afraid of bears with 5769 pointsdaaam is not afraid of bears with 5769 pointsdaaam is not afraid of bears with 5769 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper_SC View Post
Hi,

I am working on my '96 RT/10, and need to replace the fuse box that is normally located under the dash on the drivers side. The car has been converted from left hand to right hand drive (for use in Australia) and the quality of the job is somewhat sh!t... to say the least... wiring is a mess... hence the reason I am rewiring this fuse box... but I have a couple of issues.

I am unable to find any form of wiring diagram which would help me understand what each fuse is for. I do not have the original cover, it was never put back on when they converted the car.

I have gone through each fuse by pulling them out and seeing what no longer works but am still unable to identify the following:
Fuse #3 second from the top on the left hand side. it has a purple wire with a red stripe. Can't work out what it does.

Can not find a fuse that controls the high beams... I pulled all the fuses and they stay on... Is this fuse elsewhere? Fuse #4 seams to do the low beams

Can not find a fuse that controls the A/C. again pulled everything and it stays on...

Can not find a fuse that controls the Cig lighter...

I also have 4 holes that have no fuses in them... #2, 10, 13, 17 should these have anything connected?

Any info would be great. a full wiring diagram would be awesome if anyone has one?

Thanks
I would suggest buying the service manual for your car. Thats what I did with my 96 rt-10 and it has tons of wiring diagrams.

Old May 7th, 2019, 06:04 PM   #3

99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 102756 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 102756 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 102756 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 102756 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 102756 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 102756 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 102756 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 102756 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 102756 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 102756 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 102756 points
I have a service manual I will sell. PM sent
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen I & II

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in