Turbos Going On - Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper

Go Back   Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen I & II
» Live Feed « · War Room · Graffiti Wall · Arcade · Viper Blogs ·  

Viper Discussions - Gen I & II Discussions of Viper-related subjects covering Gen-I and Gen-II models.

Turbos Going On

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Turbos Going On
Old April 29th, 2019, 11:45 AM   #1

ReboundViper is definately a better person than you are with 440 pointsReboundViper is definately a better person than you are with 440 pointsReboundViper is definately a better person than you are with 440 pointsReboundViper is definately a better person than you are with 440 pointsReboundViper is definately a better person than you are with 440 points
Turbos Going On

So, the time has finally come.
Car is in the shop getting my turbos installed!!!

Car upgrades:
Turbos are Nelson Racing Engines mirror water cooled 72/68mm .84 AR
AEM Infinity 10
RSI Dual drop in fuel pump and injectors/rails
Driveshaft Shop 1500hp CV Axles
1.7 rockers
(freshened up the heads after removing the ROE, just re-installed it all)

Other than that engine is stock and so is the tranny.
Aiming for 900-1000whp on 91 with a HUGE shot of meth, may go for a C16 tune to help.

Tranny held to a 5k launch on the roe with 12# pulley and a 200shot of nitrous off the line. Pulled the front tires about an inch. So I am really hoping it will hold to the power! If not I will have Calvo in TX build me a tranny.
If the engine lets go I will have JMB build me a 1500hp short block...seems the best bang for the buck.

Anyway, should be done in about 3 weeks! I will take pics and keep you posted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 29th, 2019, 12:10 PM   #2

99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 103556 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 103556 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 103556 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 103556 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 103556 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 103556 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 103556 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 103556 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 103556 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 103556 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 103556 points
Looking forward to your build. When you had the Roe on, what was your best times thru the 1/4?

I bet you will miss the insta-torque of the Roe though...............
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old April 29th, 2019, 02:33 PM   #3

ReboundViper is definately a better person than you are with 440 pointsReboundViper is definately a better person than you are with 440 pointsReboundViper is definately a better person than you are with 440 pointsReboundViper is definately a better person than you are with 440 pointsReboundViper is definately a better person than you are with 440 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99RT10>S View Post
Looking forward to your build. When you had the Roe on, what was your best times thru the 1/4?

I bet you will miss the insta-torque of the Roe though...............
Oh man, I am sure I will miss the insta torque! Made it so fun on the streets.
Roe+Nitrous I ran a [email protected] 60' was 1.6
Just the the Roe I ran a 11.1 I don't remember the MPH, the 60' was like 1.9

So fingers crossed that I can run a mid 9s with stock tranny haha

Old April 29th, 2019, 06:30 PM   #4

daaam is not afraid of bears with 5769 pointsdaaam is not afraid of bears with 5769 pointsdaaam is not afraid of bears with 5769 pointsdaaam is not afraid of bears with 5769 pointsdaaam is not afraid of bears with 5769 pointsdaaam is not afraid of bears with 5769 pointsdaaam is not afraid of bears with 5769 pointsdaaam is not afraid of bears with 5769 pointsdaaam is not afraid of bears with 5769 pointsdaaam is not afraid of bears with 5769 pointsdaaam is not afraid of bears with 5769 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReboundViper View Post
Oh man, I am sure I will miss the insta torque! Made it so fun on the streets.
Roe+Nitrous I ran a [email protected] 60' was 1.6
Just the the Roe I ran a 11.1 I don't remember the MPH, the 60' was like 1.9

So fingers crossed that I can run a mid 9s with stock tranny haha
It should be faster but you will have to launch under boost (an anti lag setup could maybe help). I can't launch under boost (6877 turbos at just shy of 900rwhp) with Nitto drag radials as then I just spin the tires, our local track prep sucks (I am getting better tires this year). But if you pulled the front tires off with nitrous and ROE then you should have enough tire to launch under turbo boost. Just remember with nitrous it is instant power and delivered all at once (unless you have progressive system) and turbos will loose boost on every shift and also take time to spool up to max HP.

I went from nitrous to turbos and did not gain as much as I thought as Nitrous is just so instant and constant, however the turbo's are way faster once they are spooled up and would kill nitrous from a roll in boost.

Old April 29th, 2019, 09:50 PM   #5

Drlee50 is not afraid of bears with 4045 pointsDrlee50 is not afraid of bears with 4045 pointsDrlee50 is not afraid of bears with 4045 pointsDrlee50 is not afraid of bears with 4045 pointsDrlee50 is not afraid of bears with 4045 pointsDrlee50 is not afraid of bears with 4045 pointsDrlee50 is not afraid of bears with 4045 pointsDrlee50 is not afraid of bears with 4045 pointsDrlee50 is not afraid of bears with 4045 pointsDrlee50 is not afraid of bears with 4045 pointsDrlee50 is not afraid of bears with 4045 points
Pinion gear will go next ....
It'll be fun tho!
Enjoy !

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Old April 29th, 2019, 11:45 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by daaam View Post
It should be faster but you will have to launch under boost (an anti lag setup could maybe help). I can't launch under boost (6877 turbos at just shy of 900rwhp) with Nitto drag radials as then I just spin the tires, our local track prep sucks (I am getting better tires this year). But if you pulled the front tires off with nitrous and ROE then you should have enough tire to launch under turbo boost. Just remember with nitrous it is instant power and delivered all at once (unless you have progressive system) and turbos will loose boost on every shift and also take time to spool up to max HP.

I went from nitrous to turbos and did not gain as much as I thought as Nitrous is just so instant and constant, however the turbo's are way faster once they are spooled up and would kill nitrous from a roll in boost.
I have the 16" CCW on 28x14.5-16 Hoosiers, I have no issues hooking. On the street I have my 18" HRE's with Hoosiers radials (looks more like a slick but far less side wall). They hooked decent enough once warm.

My nitrous system could be ramped but I had it hit all at once off the line. The only thing I ever broke was a half shaft which I upgraded as you can see.
With the AEM you can setup rolling anti lag to keep in the boost. Another thing you can do if you are roll racing is brake boost too.

If you are having trouble hooking you should find a set of the CCW 16" drag pack wheels.

Old April 29th, 2019, 11:46 PM   #7

Oh, forgot to add I just ordered a Spec Super Twin Disc E Trim clutch, suppose to be good for 1500hp...we will see.

Old April 30th, 2019, 12:14 PM   #8
Suspended by order of Blacksnake99

Red Snake is not afraid of bears with 117848 pointsRed Snake is not afraid of bears with 117848 pointsRed Snake is not afraid of bears with 117848 pointsRed Snake is not afraid of bears with 117848 pointsRed Snake is not afraid of bears with 117848 pointsRed Snake is not afraid of bears with 117848 pointsRed Snake is not afraid of bears with 117848 pointsRed Snake is not afraid of bears with 117848 pointsRed Snake is not afraid of bears with 117848 pointsRed Snake is not afraid of bears with 117848 pointsRed Snake is not afraid of bears with 117848 points
SPEC will take care of you. Good choice.

Old April 30th, 2019, 12:17 PM   #9

daaam is not afraid of bears with 5769 pointsdaaam is not afraid of bears with 5769 pointsdaaam is not afraid of bears with 5769 pointsdaaam is not afraid of bears with 5769 pointsdaaam is not afraid of bears with 5769 pointsdaaam is not afraid of bears with 5769 pointsdaaam is not afraid of bears with 5769 pointsdaaam is not afraid of bears with 5769 pointsdaaam is not afraid of bears with 5769 pointsdaaam is not afraid of bears with 5769 pointsdaaam is not afraid of bears with 5769 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drlee50 View Post
Pinion gear will go next ....
It'll be fun tho!
Enjoy !

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
Replace this!!!!! When it breaks it also can break an axle, and differential assembly wing (don't ask me how I know). I got an upgraded one from Todd at A/C performance.

Old April 30th, 2019, 06:52 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by daaam View Post
Replace this!!!!! When it breaks it also can break an axle, and differential assembly wing (don't ask me how I know). I got an upgraded one from Todd at A/C performance.
I just replaced the diff too!!!

Old May 17th, 2019, 05:50 AM   #11
n00b

Evilcactuar is unremarkable with 10 points
Just curious, how much cash you budget for this kind of upgrade?

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen I & II

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in