A new Classified Ad has been posted to the Vipers For Sale section:
Description: 2001 Dodge Viper GTS
Red w/ Silver Stripes and Black Leather Interior
San Antonio, TX 78260
The quickest ways to get a response from me are: email ([email protected]
) or Text Message (210-385-5820).
PRICE: $57,000 or Best Offer - Absolutely No Trades!!
This is a 2001 Dodge Viper GTS with just under 18,000 miles. It is red with silver racing stripes and is 1 of only 36 made in this color in 2001. It has black leather interior and black carpet. The car is well-sorted and has been tastefully modified with the highlights being the Roe Racing 6.5lbs Super Charger with Water/Methanol Injection setup and includes VEC3 with programmable fuel and timing control, VEC Card Reader/Software/cables. Other mods include: B&B Headers, Random Technology High-Flow Cats, StopTech Big Break Kit on all 4 corners with EBC green pads, Corsa Cat-Back SS Exhaust w/ Chrome Tips, rear roll cage and SRT10 chrome wheels. A COMPLETE full list of mods is listed below. I had the Roe Super Charger/Meth Injection system and headers installed after I bought the car in 2006 and have put about 1,600 miles on the car with this setup. It has been rock-solid reliable since I’ve owned it.
I’ve owned this Viper since January 2006. I am the third owner. The original owner had the car for about 3 months and, according to Carfax, put 1,200 miles on it. The second owner, World Famous Alley Member Mike (99RT10>S), owned the car for about 3 years and put approximately 13,000 miles on it.
I’m selling for a number of reasons. Primarily, I did not drive the car much due to my previous career that spanned over the entire time I’ve owed the Viper. This job required me to spend a significant amount of time away from home and often had me gone for months or even years at a time. My ex-wife would routinely drive the car a few times a month while I was away. Since buying the car, it’s really just been a garage queen for the most part. Secondly, my life has changed quite a bit over the past year and I now have a job that does not require me being away from home so much. With that said my curiosity has gotten the better of me and part of me wants to resume dabbling in other cars that I’ve not owned before.
I have a 4-inch Records Binder with COMPLETE DOCUMENTATION of this car since it was driven off the dealer lot. Window sticker, ALL service records, detailed modification information, etc. are included in the binder. Also have complete Service Manual, Parts Manual, glove box User Manual, both keys & fobs and OEM car cover with duffle bag. The most recent repair performed on the car was having the clutch slave and master cylinders replaced. All of this work was completed at a friend’s auto repair shop. Receipt for these repairs and ALL others are included in the above mentioned Records binder. I do have a lift at my house and I performed most of the oil changes myself.
Paint condition is great. I would give it a solid 9 out of 10. No major issues. There are a few rock chips and/or imperfections (mostly on the front fascia) but is to be expected with a car with almost 18K miles. In addition, there are scuffs/scrapes on the bottom of the front air dam which you’re going find on just about every Viper for sale. Interior leather seats have little to no wear and remainder of interior is in great condition. Car has NEVER been smoked in. I am a non-smoker. The car is always garaged in its own 3rd bay with a battery tender.
My Viper is located with me here in San Antonio, TX and within about 15 minutes of SAT airport. I can pick up any out-of-town buyers at the airport, no problem. No test drives without serious buying intentions proven. I won’t be giving joyrides to tire-kickers with zero intentions of buying.
Absolutely NO TRADES will be considered. Also, please DO NOT contact me and waste OUR time if you do not already have your financing established. The title is in hand. I prefer email and text as I can answer those very rapidly. If you want to call, please leave me a voicemail and I’ll call you back after work or you can call evenings/weekends. Copy of Carfax can be provided as well as Dyno Sheet when super charger was installed. Additional photos also available upon request.
NUMBER OF OWNERS:
According to Carfax, I’m the 3rd owner. I’ve owned the car in Texas since January of 2006.
Yes, clean title and it is IN HAND. No lien.
HISTORY OF ACCIDENTS? (IF YES, DETAILS)
Carfax report list NO accidents on it. The Autocheck report shows an accident on 1/17/2003 in Covington, GA. No details available, presumed too minor for specifics, and I’ve never seen any evidence of repair from an accident to the car. Spoke with friend I bought the car from and he nor the original owner have any idea why this is on the Autocheck report.
HISTORY OF PAINT/BODYWORK? (IF YES, DETAILS)
I have not had any paintwork done to the car since I’ve owned it. I am also not aware of any paintwork done to car prior to me owning it.
MAINTENANCE HISTORY & DO YOU HAVE DOCUMENTATION?
- I have ALL records from the day the car was bought by original owner in 2002 up until preset day.
- Stays on a battery tender sat all times when not in use. Maintenance-wise, the car needs nothing at this point.
CURRENT CONDITION OF TIRES, BRAKES, BELTS, HOSES, SUSPENSION COMPONENTS AND FLUIDS:
- While the tires are old, they do have plenty of tread remaining in front and reasonable tread-life remaining in rear. Front Tires: Michelin Pilot Sport (275/35 ZR18) - Rear Tires: Bridgestone Potenza Scuderia (345/35 ZR19)
- Brake pads were changed when super charger setup was installed and have less than 2,000mi and discs exhibit no unevenness.
- ALL fluids were changed at 17,702 miles at local Dodge Dealership and are clean.
- Hoses - no issues reported at recent service.
ANY KNOWN ISSUES:
No known issues. Car functions flawlessly!
MODS if any (Are stock parts included in the sale?)
- Roe 6.5lbs Super charger with methanol/water injection and includes VEC3 with programmable fuel and timing control and VEC Card Reader/Software/cables. (Installed and tuned by certified Viper Tech David Weaver at American Racing Technology. Installed at about 16K miles)
- B&B Headers (Installed at about 16K miles)
- Random Technology Hi Flow cats
- Corsa Cat-Back SS Exhaust w/ Chrome Tips
- StopTech Big Brakes with new EBC green pads (front and Rear)
- SRT-10 Chrome Wheels
- PCV Billet Aluminum Oil Catch Can
- MGW short throw shifter
- BTR Performance Roll Bar
- Team Tech Harnesses
- Upgraded stereo headunit and added small amp and sub. Did not replace factory speakers
- OEM Dodge Car Cover with Bag
- Clear bra on front portion of hood and air dam
- HID Headlights and fog lights
- Snake Oyl Viper Logo floormats
- I do not have the stock wheels as they were not included when I bought the car. I DO have the spare tire/wheel and Alpine headunit but do not have any other spare parts that I can think of.
Ad link: click here to view ad