HRE rims with Michelin PSS tires - Page 2 - Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper

Go Back   Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen I & II
» Live Feed « · War Room · Graffiti Wall · Arcade · Viper Blogs ·  

Viper Discussions - Gen I & II Discussions of Viper-related subjects covering Gen-I and Gen-II models.

HRE rims with Michelin PSS tires

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old September 25th, 2017, 11:38 PM   #21
Enthusiast

TT76Tony is a B-Teamer with 110 pointsTT76Tony is a B-Teamer with 110 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by VPRVNUM View Post
I agree with a contrast look. If I were to keep them I would do a gloss black lip with a satin black face. I really want a 19/20 combo to fill the wheel gap without lowering. Sure I?d like to see some pictures.
I have these exact wheels refinished with gloss black lip and satin centers.
Very unique and they get a lot of attention, I would hold on to them and get them refinished unless you really want the 19/20 look.
If you have someone local do them make sure they are familiar with 3-piece wheels, I had some sealing problems with mine at first.

I talked to HRE back when I bought them to get some parts and by the serials mine they said were sold around the late 90's to around 2000, they didn't keep complete records back then.
IIRC they were around the $1500 mark per wheel when new.

Advertisement

Old September 26th, 2017, 01:15 AM   #22
Enthusiast

VPRVNUM is unremarkable with 10 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by TT76Tony View Post
Quote:
I agree with a contrast look. If I were to keep them I would do a gloss black lip with a satin black face. I really want a 19/20 combo to fill the wheel gap without lowering. Sure I?d like to see some pictures.
I have these exact wheels refinished with gloss black lip and satin centers.
Very unique and they get a lot of attention, I would hold on to them and get them refinished unless you really want the 19/20 look.
If you have someone local do them make sure they are familiar with 3-piece wheels, I had some sealing problems with mine at first.

I talked to HRE back when I bought them to get some parts and by the serials mine they said were sold around the late 90's to around 2000, they didn't keep complete records back then.
IIRC they were around the $1500 mark per wheel when new.

Thanks for the info! That is the painted look I had in mind. I definitely like them better painted. What size tires are you running? What bothers me the most is the wheel gap. That is the only reason for wanting a 19/20 combo.

Last edited by VPRVNUM; September 26th, 2017 at 01:21 AM.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old September 26th, 2017, 06:26 PM   #23
Enthusiast

They are 275/35 & 345/35

Old October 18th, 2017, 01:20 AM   #24
Enthusiast

Quote:
They are 275/35 & 345/35
What make of tire did you go with for the rear? That size is hard to find. M/T are the only ones I could find in that size.

Old October 21st, 2017, 11:01 PM   #25
Enthusiast

Quote:
What make of tire did you go with for the rear? That size is hard to find. M/T are the only ones I could find in that size.
Yea, I have M/T on the rear, that was one of the main reasons I wanted to stay with 18's for that specific size tire, they are the best DR tire I've ran for getting power to the ground & fills out the rear nicely.
There are plenty of 335/30 out there too.

Old October 22nd, 2017, 07:33 AM   #26

Brickhead is The Man with 1526 pointsBrickhead is The Man with 1526 pointsBrickhead is The Man with 1526 pointsBrickhead is The Man with 1526 pointsBrickhead is The Man with 1526 pointsBrickhead is The Man with 1526 pointsBrickhead is The Man with 1526 pointsBrickhead is The Man with 1526 pointsBrickhead is The Man with 1526 pointsBrickhead is The Man with 1526 pointsBrickhead is The Man with 1526 points
NICE wheels, I'd pull & powder coat them this winter. Waited many moons for set of wheels I look to come up for sale & nothing. Spring for set of Forgelines & they're everywhere.

Thinking the black wheel craze has about cycled thru so went with graphite in an attempt to be safe. Guess Ansen slots or Crager SS wheels are the next new/old/ vintage/hip craze?

Graphite on black = (still have no idea why the pic is sideways?)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2793.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	1.24 MB
ID:	139737  

Old October 22nd, 2017, 11:56 AM   #27
Enthusiast

Quote:
Yea, I have M/T on the rear, that was one of the main reasons I wanted to stay with 18's for that specific size tire, they are the best DR tire I've ran for getting power to the ground & fills out the rear nicely.

There are plenty of 335/30 out there too.

Thanks for the info!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old October 22nd, 2017, 12:07 PM   #28
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brickhead View Post
NICE wheels, I'd pull & powder coat them this winter. Waited many moons for set of wheels I look to come up for sale & nothing. Spring for set of Forgelines & they're everywhere.

Thinking the black wheel craze has about cycled thru so went with graphite in an attempt to be safe. Guess Ansen slots or Crager SS wheels are the next new/old/ vintage/hip craze?

Graphite on black = (still have no idea why the pic is sideways?)

Your Viper looks good! I actually posted them up for a trade, but no messages yet. I found a few 3 piece wheels but was quoted $7500 for the set. Thatís way out of my price range.

I think graphite is a nice finish. Thereís a couple of wheel companies in my area that offer a brushed finish, looks really nice. Iím not sure if any powder coating shops offer the same finish. What size are your rims?

Last edited by VPRVNUM; October 22nd, 2017 at 12:59 PM.

Old October 24th, 2017, 12:54 PM   #29

Brickhead is The Man with 1526 pointsBrickhead is The Man with 1526 pointsBrickhead is The Man with 1526 pointsBrickhead is The Man with 1526 pointsBrickhead is The Man with 1526 pointsBrickhead is The Man with 1526 pointsBrickhead is The Man with 1526 pointsBrickhead is The Man with 1526 pointsBrickhead is The Man with 1526 pointsBrickhead is The Man with 1526 pointsBrickhead is The Man with 1526 points
I think graphite is a nice finish. Thereís a couple of wheel companies in my area that offer a brushed finish, looks really nice. Iím not sure if any powder coating shops offer the same finish. What size are your rims?

19x10.5 - 285/30-19
20x13 - 345/25-20
VR3P wheels, Nitto/Invos, happy with them...

Old October 24th, 2017, 01:01 PM   #30
Enthusiast

My wheels are 18x10 and 18x13. Iím just going to sell them. Every time I see a set of wheels I like they always end up being 19/19 or 19/20. I found some 285/30/19 Michelin PSS cup 2 with a 115 miles on them. The guy said he will sell them to me for $100. I might just buy them and hold onto them until I get some new rims.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen I & II

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in