Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

TX2K5 Supra Nationals - V10 Viper Nationals

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Dr Roof 
#1 ·
I've made several attempts to have a V10 Nationals race alongside the Supra Nationals in Houston, TX in March. I've heard Dr. Roof talk about it, but still haven't been contacted. Dr. Roof, let's plan this thing, let's start early, and let's make this the biggest event to date. As many of you know, the Supra Nationals consists of a dyno day, show n shine, road racing at TWS, and drag racing in San Antonio. It would be great to have two simultaneous dyno days, road racing for the vipers and supras at TWS, and a joint drag racing day in San Antonio. This would help offset the costs and would throw a new and different element to the series. There are several quick (high 8 low 9 second) supras that would love to be part of the unlimited class along with Fudge and SVS. Let me know what you guys think and if you'd like to do this Roof...
Peter
TX2K, TX2K1, TX2K2, TX2K3, TX2K4, and TX2K5 Supra Nationals Event Organizer

#3 ·
now that sounds like a good event.

But why not broaden it just a tad more and make it a All OUT World War. But make the rules simple. Anything goes, as long as you use pump gas. Do a drag, autoX, road race, dyno day and show 'n' shine.

ok...that wouldn't happen, tring to plan that would be a bitch.

Supra vs Vette vs Viper event sounds possible. With the fallowing these cars have, you could give out some great prizes. This would be much like caranddriver's super tuner shootout.

#7 ·
LOL, glad to see that there is TONS of enthusiasm for this event. Let me give you guys a little bit of background. This event started in 2000 and was essentially a small get together of supras once a year here in TX. It has turned out to be the national meet and is the largest gathering of mk4 supras in the nation. I would imagine having two separate events going on at the same time at the drag strip, with one mutual class (UNLIMITED). That way, you guys could have your classes, and we could have our classes, with the ultimate battle b/c supras and vipers coming in the UNLIMITED class. The road racing is essentially for fun and all cars could run together and the dyno day would have to be held at two different venues since we typically dyno around 30 cars that day. Including vipers in the same dyno day would make it to difficult considering the number of cars. I'm awaiting Roof's response as I get planning on this thing around mid october.
Peter

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.