Been another month since I've posted. I've been doing small cleanup and other items to get the car "finished".
First off, I had used just regular wire looming in the engine bay. I am trying to be a little paranoid with underhood heat, as I think that is the biggest risk of this build.
Before with regular looming but not really heat protected:
After with fire rated cover:
Still need to finish a few other areas with this stuff but it should help make it a lot less prone to burning up the wiring.
Next, I needed to finish the interior work I started.
I pulled out the dash, stereo surround, and door pull covers to strip off the rubber coating and paint in a satin black.
Before I could put it all back together, I needed to put back the rubber shifter boot. I had drilled out the rivets when putting in the TR6060 and the IPSCO short shifter. I decided to use rivnuts so I could easily pull it off again in the future.
Next I changed out the leather shift boot and e-brake boot for some brand new leather ones with red stitching from Redline. They turned out good. The e-brake boot is way shorter than the stocker. I don't know why they did that but it still works and looks okay.
Next item was updating the head unit. I still had the original Alpine, and it was getting frustrating not having a way to play digitial music or having bluetooth.
I went with a basic head unit from JVC. Wasn't looking for anything fancy, but it has bluetooth, aux hookup, USB hookup, etc.
Next, I moved my AEM boost gauge/wideband to the steering column. I had it on pillar before and it was way too close to my face, and just looked kind of ricer so I decided to get rid of it and go to the steering gauge pod.
I can't decide which shifter handle to use. I have always had the ball MGW shifter with the red installed, and it's great due to it's short length. But then, I bought a stock Gen 4 shifter handle cus I thought it would look classy and different, yet still viper OEM. It looks good, but after running through the gears dry, I just don't know if I can deal with how much throw there is.
For the dash and center console paint, I used SEM Color Coat with SEM Sand Free primer.
The dash and radio surround are just Landau Black with no clearcoat. The gray stereo surround is a gunmetal color with a high gloss SEM clearcoat. I don't know if I really like how the gray color turned out, so I may pull it back out at some point and make it Piano Black.
Next, I wanted to pull out the driver seat, so I could install some pedal covers I had bought, do some heavy vacuuming/cleaning, and tuck the wideband wiring underneath the dash.
Looks like the last owner didn't do any vacuuming LOL.
Got it all cleaned up and started installing the pedal covers. My rubber brake pad was torn so I needed to replace them so I decided to just spring for these.
Drilling and adding the aluminum covers (after removing the rubber).
Started installing the 2" seat lowering kit. Still need to finish that this weekend so I can put the seat back in!