HPDE / Road Race - Consumables? And other expenses you wouldn't expect? - Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper

Go Back   Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen I & II
» Live Feed « · War Room · Graffiti Wall · Arcade · Viper Blogs ·  

Viper Discussions - Gen I & II Discussions of Viper-related subjects covering Gen-I and Gen-II models.

HPDE / Road Race - Consumables? And other expenses you wouldn't expect?

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old January 9th, 2015, 04:37 PM   #1
n00b

uhcoog1 is unremarkable with 10 points

For those of you who track (HPDE, TT, RR) your gen 1/2 (and 3/4, for that matter) vipers, what non-consumables regularly need replacing? And at what interval?

consumables:
Brake pads, Brake fluid, Brake rotors, tires

non-consumables:
wheel hubs / bearings, axles, shocks, etc

I had a Mopar parts dealer in Granbury (near MSR-C) tell me he sells lots of hubs to viper racers. He didn't know how often they were replacing them, though.

Just trying to get an idea of the true cost of tracking these cars.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 9th, 2015, 06:53 PM   #2
Sexist

Chuck 98 RT10 is not afraid of bears with 109752 pointsChuck 98 RT10 is not afraid of bears with 109752 pointsChuck 98 RT10 is not afraid of bears with 109752 pointsChuck 98 RT10 is not afraid of bears with 109752 pointsChuck 98 RT10 is not afraid of bears with 109752 pointsChuck 98 RT10 is not afraid of bears with 109752 pointsChuck 98 RT10 is not afraid of bears with 109752 pointsChuck 98 RT10 is not afraid of bears with 109752 pointsChuck 98 RT10 is not afraid of bears with 109752 pointsChuck 98 RT10 is not afraid of bears with 109752 pointsChuck 98 RT10 is not afraid of bears with 109752 points
No moreso than any other car but it is always good to have spare parts.

High pressure power steering hose (the one closest to the headers).
Power steering pulley - aluminum.
Power steering bracket - aluminum.

I lost 5th gear on the backstretch of Sebring. That was after 5-10 events a year after 8 years.

Nothing else too out of the ordinary. Steering components like inner tie rods, etc.

Old January 10th, 2015, 04:11 PM   #3
Enthusiast

Steve911 hangs with the Hiddens with 713 pointsSteve911 hangs with the Hiddens with 713 pointsSteve911 hangs with the Hiddens with 713 pointsSteve911 hangs with the Hiddens with 713 pointsSteve911 hangs with the Hiddens with 713 pointsSteve911 hangs with the Hiddens with 713 pointsSteve911 hangs with the Hiddens with 713 points
I live and help on the track more than most. I have never lost an axle or a wheel bearing.
Shockes were never an issue (motons).

Here is what can really ruin your weekend:
Serp Belt.
ABS wheel harness
Throttle cable
Brake pads (its a pain when you spit one out that delaminated itself)

Old January 10th, 2015, 06:04 PM   #4
Enthusiast

Vipernoob made Varsity with 1007 pointsVipernoob made Varsity with 1007 pointsVipernoob made Varsity with 1007 pointsVipernoob made Varsity with 1007 pointsVipernoob made Varsity with 1007 pointsVipernoob made Varsity with 1007 pointsVipernoob made Varsity with 1007 pointsVipernoob made Varsity with 1007 points
Send a message via AIM to Vipernoob
Depending on the year of your car, I would make sure it has the updated oil pan and windage tray upgrade.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen I & II

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in