>>> VIDEO OF MANNY'S CAR vs. A SHITLOAD OF BUSAS -- 180+ MPH <<< - Page 2 - Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper

Go Back   Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen I & II
» Live Feed « · War Room · Graffiti Wall · Arcade · Viper Blogs ·  

Viper Discussions - Gen I & II Discussions of Viper-related subjects covering Gen-I and Gen-II models.

>>> VIDEO OF MANNY'S CAR vs. A SHITLOAD OF BUSAS -- 180+ MPH <<<

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Re: >>> VIDEO OF MANNY\'S CAR vs. A SHITLOAD OF BUSAS -- 180+ MPH <<<
Old March 15th, 2004, 06:35 PM   #21

XS TORQ is The Man with 1940 pointsXS TORQ is The Man with 1940 pointsXS TORQ is The Man with 1940 pointsXS TORQ is The Man with 1940 pointsXS TORQ is The Man with 1940 pointsXS TORQ is The Man with 1940 pointsXS TORQ is The Man with 1940 pointsXS TORQ is The Man with 1940 pointsXS TORQ is The Man with 1940 pointsXS TORQ is The Man with 1940 pointsXS TORQ is The Man with 1940 points

Manny,
That has to be one of the sickest street cars in California.
How fast was your heart going when you guys were racing? It must have been like a cardio workout the whole time!
Congratulations on a totally badass car.
:clap:
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 15th, 2004, 07:14 PM   #22
Enthusiast

FullTilt is a B-Teamer with 120 pointsFullTilt is a B-Teamer with 120 points

Hello People.

I can attest to the fact that Manny's car is a force to be reckoned with. I'm sure his adrenaline was going since his hands were shaking a little after our last run. It was a serious hoot!

So refreshing to hang with a crew that didn't get all amped up on ego (even Nick kept his EgoBeast under control!). The tape tells the tale. Interpretations will mean that it can be spun one way or another, but that will always be the case.

Perhaps the most opportune thing about this encounter was the fact that two participants have access to great servers to distribute this file. It has already begun propagating far and wide. Manny represented well.

Hopefully, we'll have further encounters like this. To me, the most important thing is to control the environment - not too many cars/bikes at one time and responsible riding/driving to the designated spot - in this case a remote highway located in the Ukraine where such activities are legal.

I've linked this thread to SH.org, so you may have some biker lurkers paying the Alley a visit. Perhaps I'll go peruse ViperClub - if they'll let me in, that is ;-)

Old March 15th, 2004, 07:20 PM   #23

tito is kissing alot of ass around here with 490 pointstito is kissing alot of ass around here with 490 pointstito is kissing alot of ass around here with 490 pointstito is kissing alot of ass around here with 490 pointstito is kissing alot of ass around here with 490 points

That was a crazy video. I very much enjoyed every second, be careful out there Manny.

Old March 15th, 2004, 07:22 PM   #24
Enthusiast

flying dutchman is unremarkable with 20 points

Great vid, does somehow remind me of Mad Max 1....... [img]/images/graemlins/yes[/img]

Old March 15th, 2004, 07:31 PM   #25

Gerald is not afraid of bears with 3420 pointsGerald is not afraid of bears with 3420 pointsGerald is not afraid of bears with 3420 pointsGerald is not afraid of bears with 3420 pointsGerald is not afraid of bears with 3420 pointsGerald is not afraid of bears with 3420 pointsGerald is not afraid of bears with 3420 pointsGerald is not afraid of bears with 3420 pointsGerald is not afraid of bears with 3420 pointsGerald is not afraid of bears with 3420 pointsGerald is not afraid of bears with 3420 points

Dutchman,

GOod catch!! haha, it did didnt' it. Would have been real funny to see Mel Gibson walk out the car with a sawed off shotgun. [img]/images/graemlins/laughing.gif[/img]

Old March 15th, 2004, 07:58 PM   #26
Diamond Supporter

Manny_C is well liked with 180 pointsManny_C is well liked with 180 points

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullTilt
Hello People.

I can attest to the fact that Manny's car is a force to be reckoned with. I'm sure his adrenaline was going since his hands were shaking a little after our last run. It was a serious hoot!

So refreshing to hang with a crew that didn't get all amped up on ego (even Nick kept his EgoBeast under control!). The tape tells the tale. Interpretations will mean that it can be spun one way or another, but that will always be the case.

Perhaps the most opportune thing about this encounter was the fact that two participants have access to great servers to distribute this file. It has already begun propagating far and wide. Manny represented well.

Hopefully, we'll have further encounters like this. To me, the most important thing is to control the environment - not too many cars/bikes at one time and responsible riding/driving to the designated spot - in this case a remote highway located in the Ukraine where such activities are legal.

I've linked this thread to SH.org, so you may have some biker lurkers paying the Alley a visit. Perhaps I'll go peruse ViperClub - if they'll let me in, that is ;-)
Welcome over here on the dark side, Kerry. For those of you who missed his name on here, FullTilt is the last guy I let rape me. He's the one that starts way way way behind my car and then blasts by me like I was sitting still. His Bike is unreal -- you can't tell from the video, but it's made entirely of cabon fiber, at least it looks like it! He's also the guy that put us all together to make this happen. Super guy! I think his bike pulled away from me more than my car would pull away from a stock Viper -- it was crazy.

All I need to do now is "race" a Turbo Busa and I will have raced all the fastest vehicles in the area!

Old March 15th, 2004, 08:24 PM   #27

MHQC is unremarkable with 40 points

Absolutely badass! Manny, tell me. What type of wheelbarrow do you use to carry your balls around? [img]/images/graemlins/laughing.gif[/img]

That was absolutely wild. Very cool! :thumb:

Old March 15th, 2004, 08:33 PM   #28
Diamond Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHQC
Absolutely badass! Manny, tell me. What type of wheelbarrow do you use to carry your balls around? [img]/images/graemlins/laughing.gif[/img]

That was absolutely wild. Very cool! :thumb:
Ha, funny you should mention this. I was thinking this morning that Kerry's (FullTilt) bike was slower than it should have been because his balls wers draggin on the road. I own a motorcycle, and it is scary for me at 140 MPH. To be going 185+ on a bike is karazy!

Old March 15th, 2004, 08:44 PM   #29

Yellow Fever made Varsity with 910 pointsYellow Fever made Varsity with 910 pointsYellow Fever made Varsity with 910 pointsYellow Fever made Varsity with 910 pointsYellow Fever made Varsity with 910 pointsYellow Fever made Varsity with 910 pointsYellow Fever made Varsity with 910 pointsYellow Fever made Varsity with 910 points

Manny awesome footage !! Best homemade Video I've seen yet :thumb:

Those BUSA guys are some crazy motherfuckers [img]/images/graemlins/shocked[/img]

Old March 15th, 2004, 09:17 PM   #30

J DAWG is not afraid of bears with 2550 pointsJ DAWG is not afraid of bears with 2550 pointsJ DAWG is not afraid of bears with 2550 pointsJ DAWG is not afraid of bears with 2550 pointsJ DAWG is not afraid of bears with 2550 pointsJ DAWG is not afraid of bears with 2550 pointsJ DAWG is not afraid of bears with 2550 pointsJ DAWG is not afraid of bears with 2550 pointsJ DAWG is not afraid of bears with 2550 pointsJ DAWG is not afraid of bears with 2550 pointsJ DAWG is not afraid of bears with 2550 points

Damn those bikes are fast as shit. How many times did you guys top 200?

Old March 15th, 2004, 09:33 PM   #31
Diamond Supporter

I was around 182 when I lifted, as my hood was sorta shaking in a way I didn't like. I hear that hoods create many hundreds of pounds of lift at about 165 MPH. Since I was over 180, I probably had a lot of lift there and a lot of downforce on the front splitter.

The two fastest bikes I think went around 185. FULLTILT could answer that for us.

-Manny

Old March 15th, 2004, 09:47 PM   #32

KingViper is definately a better person than you are with 420 pointsKingViper is definately a better person than you are with 420 pointsKingViper is definately a better person than you are with 420 pointsKingViper is definately a better person than you are with 420 pointsKingViper is definately a better person than you are with 420 points

That is some nice piece of Art work you got there Manny.

Old March 15th, 2004, 09:58 PM   #33
Enthusiast

FullTilt is a B-Teamer with 120 pointsFullTilt is a B-Teamer with 120 points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny_C

The two fastest bikes I think went around 185. FULLTILT could answer that for us.

-Manny
That is probably a pretty accurate estimate. It wasn't really a top end contest. My bodywork is not the best for top end; carbon bodywork is not as secure or well-fit as the stock stuff. I know Nick's bike has a couple extra teeth on the rear sprocket, which also hurts his top speed.

Another time it might be fun to run using that FULL straight. This would give us a legitimate 2 mile run with at least a mile of shut down area. Be interesting to pop a GPS unit into your car and see where it tops out during any of those (theoretical) runs. With a run that long, it would be interesting to see if the car pulled in the bikes, and if so, at what speed.

Settle your suspension issues and figure out what you want to do with your tail/splitter and we'll have another little Fish Fry, eh?

Old March 15th, 2004, 10:03 PM   #34
Diamond Supporter

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny_C

-Manny
That is probably a pretty accurate estimate. It wasn't really a top end contest. My bodywork is not the best for top end; carbon bodywork is not as secure or well-fit as the stock stuff. I know Nick's bike has a couple extra teeth on the rear sprocket, which also hurts his top speed.

Another time it might be fun to run using that FULL straight. This would give us a legitimate 2 mile run with at least a mile of shut down area. Be interesting to pop a GPS unit into your car and see where it tops out during any of those (theoretical) runs. With a run that long, it would be interesting to see if the car pulled in the bikes, and if so, at what speed.

Settle your suspension issues and figure out what you want to do with your tail/splitter and we'll have another little Fish Fry, eh?
Now that I am more comfortable with the car and pieces of it didn't fly off at that speed, I wouldn't mind doing a race with a stock or slightly modded Busa up to say 185. After that, I think I might start getting nervous. Guys like Paolo like to go 200, and he has the full roll cage. Or maybe people like Moundir, who is just crazy -- he'll race without seatbelts and a pepsi between his legs. OK, maybe not, but you get the point.

I'd love to have another forced induction car come out and play as well. Maybe Yellow Fever will be game when his car comes in. The yellow and the black beast to head out to play.

-M

Old March 15th, 2004, 10:20 PM   #35

Gadgetmann is unremarkable with 10 points

Freakin unbelievable ... that takes some stones. Makes me want a DLM car too [img]/images/graemlins/smiles[/img]

Great job, Manny.

Old March 15th, 2004, 10:46 PM   #36

BigGar is unremarkable with 10 points

I was the pilot of the 2nd bike in the vid as well as serving as camera bike for all of the runs. I can't tell you how impressed I was with the performance of Manny's car. I do think it got a little warm and slowed a tick as the day wore on. I wish the video would have shown the 2nd run I did with Manny, as Rex was out of his car for that one and it was a little closer. I still pulled away a bit until 160 or so, and then the big Viper starts to reel me in. I know a lot of other bikes would like to join us next time, as well as some other cars, but the problem with something like this is that it has to be kept small and low key. We've got some nice ideas for another day though.

Gar

Old March 15th, 2004, 11:09 PM   #37
Diamond Supporter

I wonder if we could use (rent) some retired air strip somewhere. Get a shit load more vehicles out there, lots of run off space, wider roads, etc. Every look into that Gar?

Old March 15th, 2004, 11:31 PM   #38

Motor City MadMan is not afraid of bears with 8828 pointsMotor City MadMan is not afraid of bears with 8828 pointsMotor City MadMan is not afraid of bears with 8828 pointsMotor City MadMan is not afraid of bears with 8828 pointsMotor City MadMan is not afraid of bears with 8828 pointsMotor City MadMan is not afraid of bears with 8828 pointsMotor City MadMan is not afraid of bears with 8828 pointsMotor City MadMan is not afraid of bears with 8828 pointsMotor City MadMan is not afraid of bears with 8828 pointsMotor City MadMan is not afraid of bears with 8828 pointsMotor City MadMan is not afraid of bears with 8828 points

It's very refreshing to see a bunch of bike guys on here and not hear the typical yeah but his car costs X number of dollars more than my bike, yadda yadda yadda I'm used to hearing. Of course some of the bikes kicked his ass though, but the stock one he ran against was pretty even. Unbelievable video and some class act guys all the way. Wish I had a high HP supercharged Viper to race you guys too. I'm getting a supercharger for mine, but I'll be lucky if I have 700 hp at the flywheel with what I'm thinking of getting. A far cry from the 1,000 Manny has.

Old March 15th, 2004, 11:39 PM   #39

Motor City MadMan is not afraid of bears with 8828 pointsMotor City MadMan is not afraid of bears with 8828 pointsMotor City MadMan is not afraid of bears with 8828 pointsMotor City MadMan is not afraid of bears with 8828 pointsMotor City MadMan is not afraid of bears with 8828 pointsMotor City MadMan is not afraid of bears with 8828 pointsMotor City MadMan is not afraid of bears with 8828 pointsMotor City MadMan is not afraid of bears with 8828 pointsMotor City MadMan is not afraid of bears with 8828 pointsMotor City MadMan is not afraid of bears with 8828 pointsMotor City MadMan is not afraid of bears with 8828 points

Quote:

Very smart to keep these kind of races low key. Too many people show up and it will be cop city. I've done all my street races in the Ukraine too, but I hear them cops are some mother fuckers over there. [img]/images/graemlins/laughing.gif[/img]

Old March 16th, 2004, 12:29 AM   #40

THOR is well liked with 220 pointsTHOR is well liked with 220 pointsTHOR is well liked with 220 points

AWESOME Manny!!! Totally AWESOME!!! Congrats on the performance of your new toy! [img]/images/graemlins/thumb1[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen I & II

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in