Found some Belangers headers for.... - Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper

Go Back   Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen I & II
» Live Feed « · War Room · Graffiti Wall · Arcade · Viper Blogs ·  

Viper Discussions - Gen I & II Discussions of Viper-related subjects covering Gen-I and Gen-II models.

Found some Belangers headers for....

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old March 4th, 2004, 11:34 AM   #1

KingViper is definately a better person than you are with 420 pointsKingViper is definately a better person than you are with 420 pointsKingViper is definately a better person than you are with 420 pointsKingViper is definately a better person than you are with 420 pointsKingViper is definately a better person than you are with 420 points

$1625 (new)...good deal? Do you think that would last as long or be just as durable as the SS B7Bs?

Thanks for your suggestions.

Sorry folks had to edit this...I got a MUCH better group deal. Please PM me for info
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Re: Found some Belangers headers for....
Old March 4th, 2004, 12:32 PM   #2

J DAWG is not afraid of bears with 2550 pointsJ DAWG is not afraid of bears with 2550 pointsJ DAWG is not afraid of bears with 2550 pointsJ DAWG is not afraid of bears with 2550 pointsJ DAWG is not afraid of bears with 2550 pointsJ DAWG is not afraid of bears with 2550 pointsJ DAWG is not afraid of bears with 2550 pointsJ DAWG is not afraid of bears with 2550 pointsJ DAWG is not afraid of bears with 2550 pointsJ DAWG is not afraid of bears with 2550 pointsJ DAWG is not afraid of bears with 2550 points

These headers are coated which is a big plus. Considering most Vipers don't see harsh elements, longevity IMO is not an isseu.

I personally think for stock to mild modded Vipers the Belanger are the best. For cars pushing 700 or more to the wheels, then I think a full out header like SVS or TNT would be a wiser choice.

I am going with the Belangers and yes that is a good price for new ones.

Old March 4th, 2004, 01:18 PM   #3
Diamond Supporter

V10 MOJO is definately JV with 330 pointsV10 MOJO is definately JV with 330 pointsV10 MOJO is definately JV with 330 pointsV10 MOJO is definately JV with 330 points

good price and excellent product, get em. just be sure to finish out the exhaust mods with randomtech hiflo cats and a corsa exhaust. that three piece combo is hands down the best sounding viper exhaust setup, period!! there is only one other setup which sounds better and thats a side pipe conversion on a genII, however, its a bit louder and may get on your nerves after a while of it.

Old March 4th, 2004, 02:14 PM   #4

KingViper is definately a better person than you are with 420 pointsKingViper is definately a better person than you are with 420 pointsKingViper is definately a better person than you are with 420 pointsKingViper is definately a better person than you are with 420 pointsKingViper is definately a better person than you are with 420 points

Hey! Thanks...that made me feel really good...now I am really gonna get them. I have the exact setup that you are talking about. I have randomtech high flows and corsas.. :thumb:

Soon to be a Roe S/C Viper as well. When the new batch is coming out in May, I will be getting one for sure...and putting on some T&D rockers to finish the package.

Old March 4th, 2004, 02:17 PM   #5

J DAWG is not afraid of bears with 2550 pointsJ DAWG is not afraid of bears with 2550 pointsJ DAWG is not afraid of bears with 2550 pointsJ DAWG is not afraid of bears with 2550 pointsJ DAWG is not afraid of bears with 2550 pointsJ DAWG is not afraid of bears with 2550 pointsJ DAWG is not afraid of bears with 2550 pointsJ DAWG is not afraid of bears with 2550 pointsJ DAWG is not afraid of bears with 2550 pointsJ DAWG is not afraid of bears with 2550 pointsJ DAWG is not afraid of bears with 2550 points

Check with 96 RT/10 on the rockers. He has a set he is selling (Mopars - same thing).

Old March 4th, 2004, 03:42 PM   #6

99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 108921 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 108921 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 108921 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 108921 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 108921 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 108921 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 108921 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 108921 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 108921 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 108921 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 108921 points

This is true, I do have a set of Mopars for sale! See the classifieds, and thanks John.

Mike

Old March 4th, 2004, 05:57 PM   #7
RIP - Gone But Not Forgotten

SoCal Rebell is not afraid of bears with 102301 pointsSoCal Rebell is not afraid of bears with 102301 pointsSoCal Rebell is not afraid of bears with 102301 pointsSoCal Rebell is not afraid of bears with 102301 pointsSoCal Rebell is not afraid of bears with 102301 pointsSoCal Rebell is not afraid of bears with 102301 pointsSoCal Rebell is not afraid of bears with 102301 pointsSoCal Rebell is not afraid of bears with 102301 pointsSoCal Rebell is not afraid of bears with 102301 pointsSoCal Rebell is not afraid of bears with 102301 pointsSoCal Rebell is not afraid of bears with 102301 points

I paid $2,400+ for mine, great product you got a great price, on top of the Randomtech cats (which I put on also) get the 3" catbacks. Dyno verified 31 rwhp, 40 rwtq on my '00

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Old March 4th, 2004, 07:16 PM   #8
Enthusiast

elcapo is unremarkable with 20 points

Is the header install a DIY project (without having a lift), or something you need a shop to do? I would likely combine the header install with the R/T cats as well. Since I've already got a 3" corsa cat back, I'm basically looking for the difficulty level of this project.

Old March 4th, 2004, 07:40 PM   #9

viper spray is not afraid of bears with 88140 pointsviper spray is not afraid of bears with 88140 pointsviper spray is not afraid of bears with 88140 pointsviper spray is not afraid of bears with 88140 pointsviper spray is not afraid of bears with 88140 pointsviper spray is not afraid of bears with 88140 pointsviper spray is not afraid of bears with 88140 pointsviper spray is not afraid of bears with 88140 pointsviper spray is not afraid of bears with 88140 pointsviper spray is not afraid of bears with 88140 pointsviper spray is not afraid of bears with 88140 points

Since you are going to put on the Roe S/C in the future , you may want to get the B&B 1 3/4" stainless headers.

Last edited by viper spray; September 22nd, 2006 at 11:45 AM.

Old March 4th, 2004, 07:44 PM   #10

VS
Can you please educate me as to why? Man! You not only get all the chicks, you are smart as hell too. Please let me know before I make the wrong decision. Thanks again in advance for your help.

Old March 4th, 2004, 08:54 PM   #11

Brad Bodily is unremarkable with 10 points

I can sell a set of Belanger headers for $1650 brand spanking new. If anyone is interrested please message me!

Old March 4th, 2004, 08:57 PM   #12

Thats funny Brad...
The deal I got before the group discount was $25 less than you offer [img]/images/graemlins/laughing.gif[/img].
The group deal is MUCH MUCH MUCH better than the $1625 that I posted earlier.

Old March 4th, 2004, 09:27 PM   #13

viper spray is not afraid of bears with 88140 pointsviper spray is not afraid of bears with 88140 pointsviper spray is not afraid of bears with 88140 pointsviper spray is not afraid of bears with 88140 pointsviper spray is not afraid of bears with 88140 pointsviper spray is not afraid of bears with 88140 pointsviper spray is not afraid of bears with 88140 pointsviper spray is not afraid of bears with 88140 pointsviper spray is not afraid of bears with 88140 pointsviper spray is not afraid of bears with 88140 pointsviper spray is not afraid of bears with 88140 points

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingViper
VS
Can you please educate me as to why? Man! You not only get all the chicks, you are smart as hell too. Please let me know before I make the wrong decision. Thanks again in advance for your help.
S. Roe , Mike Adams and my tuner D.W. all told me to go with the B&Bs. They all have tons of S/C experience and I took the advise. I also will be doing the new Roe system in the future and have a new B&B system on my car now. Check with Mike Adams for the best price. I was told that I would be leaving some HP on the table if I used the Belangers , but who knows? http://www.bbtriflo.com/about.html , http://www.roeracing.com/index.html?toke...e%20Performance

Old March 4th, 2004, 09:30 PM   #14

Thanks VS:
I will call Sean Tomorrow. I got something I need to ask him as well about an S/C [img]/images/graemlins/supergrin.gif[/img]

Old March 5th, 2004, 10:40 AM   #15

KenH hangs with the Hiddens with 710 pointsKenH hangs with the Hiddens with 710 pointsKenH hangs with the Hiddens with 710 pointsKenH hangs with the Hiddens with 710 pointsKenH hangs with the Hiddens with 710 pointsKenH hangs with the Hiddens with 710 pointsKenH hangs with the Hiddens with 710 points

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcapo
Is the header install a DIY project (without having a lift), or something you need a shop to do? I would likely combine the header install with the R/T cats as well. Since I've already got a 3" corsa cat back, I'm basically looking for the difficulty level of this project.
Jeff,
The Belangers are a pretty easy install. I just put them on my '01 about a month ago in my garage with the car up on Rhino ramps. You only need to get under the car to reach the O2 sensors. They fit great which is one of the reasons I went with them vs. B&B or one of the others.

I already had RT cats and a Corsa exhaust. I just installed everything, slip fit the header turnout into the RT cat piping and drove it down to a muffler shop to have the joint welded. Since you are replacing your cats as well, you might have to clamp some joints together until you can get them welded.

It is not difficult, and you just need standard tools until you get to the point of fitting the exhaust pipe together. The hardest part of the whole project for me was getting the stupid heat shield off on the drivers side. After that it was a piece of cake. I have pics of the install laying around somewhere if you are interested.

--- Ken

Old March 5th, 2004, 10:45 AM   #16
Diamond Supporter

V10 MOJO is definately JV with 330 pointsV10 MOJO is definately JV with 330 pointsV10 MOJO is definately JV with 330 pointsV10 MOJO is definately JV with 330 points

viperspray is correct, you will possibly have left a few hp sacrificed in going with belanger as opposed to B&B. B&B is louder though so thats something to consider. IMO the setup previously described sounds the best

Old March 5th, 2004, 12:47 PM   #17

I had a good chat with Mr. Sean Roe (one of the best guys I have spoken to in a while) today about the headers and my S/C (oooppps freudian slip [img]/images/graemlins/laughing.gif[/img]) and he said that all the headers are pretty much the same. he told me that he did not have the Belangers for sale but should I need one, he will point me in the right direction (what a guy). I mentioned to him about my plans with S/C (another slip :doh and the group price we are getting. he said that is a great price. I have a few more spaces left...anyone interested please let me know soon.
Thanks

[img]/images/graemlins/drive[/img]

Old March 5th, 2004, 07:39 PM   #18
Enthusiast

elcapo is unremarkable with 20 points

I've decided to get a package deal on what I understand to be everything I need. I'm going to get the Belanger headers in 1 3/4", the R/T Cats (3" Stainless), and some Magnacore wires to deal with the heat once I take off the heat shields.

I realized that since I've already got a 3" Corsa Cat-back system, I would need some extra parts and assistance shoehorning the headers and cats into the car. I figured that I'd be best off ordering them from PartsRack, since they are so close (one of the few Viper outfits in my neck of the woods) and I'd likely need some good support to get it all done.

As it all turns out I think i'll be getting an equivalent deal from JonB since I'll be getting it in a package.

It just seems to make more sense to me that way. Of course the next trick is do I do the install myself or wuss out and pay someone to do it. =)

Old March 5th, 2004, 08:41 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcapo
I've decided to get a package deal on what I understand to be everything I need. I'm going to get the Belanger headers in 1 3/4", the R/T Cats (3" Stainless), and some Magnacore wires to deal with the heat once I take off the heat shields.

I realized that since I've already got a 3" Corsa Cat-back system, I would need some extra parts and assistance shoehorning the headers and cats into the car. I figured that I'd be best off ordering them from PartsRack, since they are so close (one of the few Viper outfits in my neck of the woods) and I'd likely need some good support to get it all done.

As it all turns out I think i'll be getting an equivalent deal from JonB since I'll be getting it in a package.

It just seems to make more sense to me that way. Of course the next trick is do I do the install myself or wuss out and pay someone to do it. =)

sounds like a good package you are going with. Hopefully you are getting it all for 2K or less. If not you can.

Old March 6th, 2004, 12:42 PM   #20

BigCarrot is not afraid of bears with 4100 pointsBigCarrot is not afraid of bears with 4100 pointsBigCarrot is not afraid of bears with 4100 pointsBigCarrot is not afraid of bears with 4100 pointsBigCarrot is not afraid of bears with 4100 pointsBigCarrot is not afraid of bears with 4100 pointsBigCarrot is not afraid of bears with 4100 pointsBigCarrot is not afraid of bears with 4100 pointsBigCarrot is not afraid of bears with 4100 pointsBigCarrot is not afraid of bears with 4100 pointsBigCarrot is not afraid of bears with 4100 points

I did Bellangers on my car and it took me about four hours. The hardest part for me was getting my big ass hands in to tighten the header bolts. I hate header bolts!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen I & II

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in