Viper Fluid Maintenance Sheet and questions - Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper

Go Back   Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen I & II
» Live Feed « · War Room · Graffiti Wall · Arcade · Viper Blogs ·  

Viper Discussions - Gen I & II Discussions of Viper-related subjects covering Gen-I and Gen-II models.

Viper Fluid Maintenance Sheet and questions

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old February 16th, 2004, 02:45 PM   #1

slaughterj is not afraid of bears with 21303 pointsslaughterj is not afraid of bears with 21303 pointsslaughterj is not afraid of bears with 21303 pointsslaughterj is not afraid of bears with 21303 pointsslaughterj is not afraid of bears with 21303 pointsslaughterj is not afraid of bears with 21303 pointsslaughterj is not afraid of bears with 21303 pointsslaughterj is not afraid of bears with 21303 pointsslaughterj is not afraid of bears with 21303 pointsslaughterj is not afraid of bears with 21303 pointsslaughterj is not afraid of bears with 21303 points

I've uploaded a revised version of my viper fluids maintenance sheet, which now includes info on fluid change durations for you garage queen owners (e.g., oil every 6 months, etc.):

www.yandros.com/Viper/ViperFluids.htm

I'm also considering making a supplemental sheet with info on:
Source for the particular products, Container Capacity (i.e., # to buy), Shelf Life, and Cost - any other categories I should include? Anyone got info on shelf life for the various fluids?

Additionally, I'm also considering making a sheet on non-fluid common maintenance items, including:
Spark Plugs, Spark Plug Wires, Air Filter (stock & K/N clean vs. replace), Tires, Fuel Filter, Brake Pads (stock, EBC green), Battery, Door Hinges, PCV Valves, Inspect Brake Linings (what does the service manual mean by this?), Lubricate Front and Rear Ball Joints and Tie Rod Ends (varying times SM), Auto Tensioning Drive Belt (Serpentine Belt) - anything else that should be included?
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Re: Viper Fluid Maintenance Sheet and questions
Old February 16th, 2004, 03:08 PM   #2

Chip made Varsity with 830 pointsChip made Varsity with 830 pointsChip made Varsity with 830 pointsChip made Varsity with 830 pointsChip made Varsity with 830 pointsChip made Varsity with 830 pointsChip made Varsity with 830 points

WHy do they have a 7.6L motor, was that in the GEN 1?

Old February 16th, 2004, 03:44 PM   #3

PRVT JET is unremarkable with 10 points

Thats just the measurement for the fluid, not the engine size.

Old February 16th, 2004, 04:05 PM   #4

slaughterj is not afraid of bears with 21303 pointsslaughterj is not afraid of bears with 21303 pointsslaughterj is not afraid of bears with 21303 pointsslaughterj is not afraid of bears with 21303 pointsslaughterj is not afraid of bears with 21303 pointsslaughterj is not afraid of bears with 21303 pointsslaughterj is not afraid of bears with 21303 pointsslaughterj is not afraid of bears with 21303 pointsslaughterj is not afraid of bears with 21303 pointsslaughterj is not afraid of bears with 21303 pointsslaughterj is not afraid of bears with 21303 points

As PRVT JET said, the 7.6L is the amount of engine oil required - it is the same as 8 Qts, and 8.0L = 8.5 Qts which is the engine oil with the oil filter too. Maybe I should just list the Qts, but then what about the non-American owners?!

Old February 16th, 2004, 04:10 PM   #5

PRVT JET is unremarkable with 10 points

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaughterj
As PRVT JET said, the 7.6L is the amount of engine oil required - it is the same as 8 Qts, and 8.0L = 8.5 Qts which is the engine oil with the oil filter too. Maybe I should just list the Qts, but then what about the non-American owners?!
If you did that, then they would ask you about Liters.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen I & II

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in