Start Regional Clubs? Richmond VA? - Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper

Go Back   Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen I & II
» Live Feed « · War Room · Graffiti Wall · Arcade · Viper Blogs ·  

Viper Discussions - Gen I & II Discussions of Viper-related subjects covering Gen-I and Gen-II models.

Start Regional Clubs? Richmond VA?

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old January 27th, 2004, 09:53 PM   #1

MULLINS5 is unremarkable with 10 points

I absolutley love this site, I really dislike the VCA! One of the things that I hate about the vca is that the nearest Viper Club is 3 hours away from where I live! I live in Richmond VA and If I wanted to join the VCA I would have to attend the events of the Maryland/VA club, anyways I was interested in knowing if anybody else was interested in starting up other viper clubs/get togethers outside of the vca, maybe like one closer to where I live in Central VA?

Just a thought, all feedback welcome

Patrick Mullins
Hennessey Venom 550
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Re: Start Regional Clubs? Richmond VA?
Old January 27th, 2004, 10:01 PM   #2

GaryA is The Man with 1880 pointsGaryA is The Man with 1880 pointsGaryA is The Man with 1880 pointsGaryA is The Man with 1880 pointsGaryA is The Man with 1880 pointsGaryA is The Man with 1880 pointsGaryA is The Man with 1880 pointsGaryA is The Man with 1880 pointsGaryA is The Man with 1880 pointsGaryA is The Man with 1880 pointsGaryA is The Man with 1880 points

I'm all for it and I think it's a good idea. I know we've kicked this idea around before. I wonder if there's any interest in starting a ViperAlley Club with local/regional chapters.

I've met a lot of the people from the alley and we've had some great times.

Old January 27th, 2004, 10:18 PM   #3

Excess made Varsity with 890 pointsExcess made Varsity with 890 pointsExcess made Varsity with 890 pointsExcess made Varsity with 890 pointsExcess made Varsity with 890 pointsExcess made Varsity with 890 pointsExcess made Varsity with 890 points

i have the domain ViperOwnersOfAmerica.com It might be cool to intergrate it with this site. It would be a big F.U to the VCA
-Mario

Old January 27th, 2004, 11:24 PM   #4
pj
Enlightened

pj is not afraid of bears with 958079 pointspj is not afraid of bears with 958079 pointspj is not afraid of bears with 958079 pointspj is not afraid of bears with 958079 pointspj is not afraid of bears with 958079 pointspj is not afraid of bears with 958079 pointspj is not afraid of bears with 958079 pointspj is not afraid of bears with 958079 pointspj is not afraid of bears with 958079 pointspj is not afraid of bears with 958079 pointspj is not afraid of bears with 958079 points

I drive down to Richmond every now and then - wifes family has a farm out in Lousia and used to live on the West End. We dont have enough people to start clubs, but we have had some regional get togethers. Sounds like a great idea, but the effort that goes into running a club is significant.

Reminds me, we need to work on one for our area!

Old January 27th, 2004, 11:25 PM   #5
Stow-N-Go, Baby!

Minivan Man is not afraid of bears with 12350 pointsMinivan Man is not afraid of bears with 12350 pointsMinivan Man is not afraid of bears with 12350 pointsMinivan Man is not afraid of bears with 12350 pointsMinivan Man is not afraid of bears with 12350 pointsMinivan Man is not afraid of bears with 12350 pointsMinivan Man is not afraid of bears with 12350 pointsMinivan Man is not afraid of bears with 12350 pointsMinivan Man is not afraid of bears with 12350 pointsMinivan Man is not afraid of bears with 12350 pointsMinivan Man is not afraid of bears with 12350 points

After we beat them, why become them?

Old January 27th, 2004, 11:31 PM   #6

MULLINS5 is unremarkable with 10 points

We dont have to "become" them, we can do alot better than they did. There are plenty of people in the Central Va Region that would be interested, I personally think that it is worth a shot..more feedback please!

Old January 28th, 2004, 12:50 AM   #7
Senior Slacker

Kansas is not afraid of bears with 8800 pointsKansas is not afraid of bears with 8800 pointsKansas is not afraid of bears with 8800 pointsKansas is not afraid of bears with 8800 pointsKansas is not afraid of bears with 8800 pointsKansas is not afraid of bears with 8800 pointsKansas is not afraid of bears with 8800 pointsKansas is not afraid of bears with 8800 pointsKansas is not afraid of bears with 8800 pointsKansas is not afraid of bears with 8800 pointsKansas is not afraid of bears with 8800 points

I think it is a great idea, especially when there is little or no VCA presence - or they just don't do anything. Example: Kansas City has a VERY active VCA chapter, as does Gateway (St. Louis). Do the 7-10 Vipers in Springfield want to drive 120+ miles for meetings and cruises? Rarely. So they now have their own e-mail list and do their own stuff. Granted, most still belong to the VCA in some way, however they get together independently based on location.

That said, an ACTIVE VCA chapter is not always a bad thing. No question that there are dickheads and/or windbreakers everywhere, but the clubs are what you make of them. The framework is set up and if done right it can be done where you get a lot of stuff for free (Dyno Day, drag racing, etc.). I know this site was born largely out of distaste for the VCA (national), but don't group everybody in the same boat. There are some genuinely decent people and local clubs to be found. Not all, but some.

But once again, if you are in a remote area outside of the designated home of a VCA region, I would ABSOLUTELY try to set up another club or group for Vipers in your area. That is exactly how the Kansas City VCA was born...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen I & II

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in