Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

My RSI Troubles

170K views 2K replies 145 participants last post by  AJ02 
#1 ·
How to start....

Most of you know I've been in the Viper community for a VERY long time..so, it sucks to have to do this but...it must be done. Because I don't want anyone else to deal with the stress, frustration and general BS I've been dealing with RSI from April 2012. I'm making this public and will let this air out in a open forum for all to see.

This all started off with Will contacting me about my Billet Moldex Crank I had that I had been saving for a build. He was in need of one for another build and said he would build me a engine at cost in return for getting the crank to him...he even paid for the next day air shipping. I'm think, sweet!

Now the months start rolling by May, June July, Aug, Sept, Oct. I had gotten a few updates here and there but nothing was ready after 6mo. So I figured, why no go boosted, that is what they do best anyway. I talked to Will and he made a great deal on big build for $26,445.00. I got a nice discount for trading in my existing engine and parts. So I didn't bother to try and barter to get a better deal, I was very happy with that. I immediately put down the 50% ($13,227.50).

So....fast forward to Oct 2013! Will says he's ready to take in my car and needed the next 25%. I figure, it's about freaking time I was tired of waiting. So, I paid the next $6,611.25 without delay. They didn't pick up my car....not that week, or next week or even the week after that. It was always some excuse. I spoke to Will many times about what I can do to get this going faster even if it meant sending me the parts and me installing them myself. So he sent me a Magna Flow cat-back exhaust, that I installed for maybe 100mi if that.

A month went by and my car hadn't been picked up. So I called Will and told him I wanted to cancel the build due to the delays and he was happy to return my money without issue....that was about two months ago. He has never contacted me, or given me any money back.

American Express, They get back the $6,611.25 as it was under 60 days, but the rest is still waiting on Will to pay me back.

So, in my frustration, I sold my Viper and I am never, ever dealing with any viper tuner again. I'm so jadded from all of this, I seriously doubt moding Vipers is going to be in my future. This has pretty much ruined the Viper for me and that's sad, as I'm the biggest Viper nut I know. That magnaflow exhaust Will had gave to me was removed from my Viper before I sold it, so it's still sitting here if he wants it back.

With all that said, I hope Will steps up and pays me soon because $13,222.50 + a Billet Moldex crank is one expensive cat back exhaust system. The sad part is, I have referred many people to him and was a good paying custom myself. If this doesn’t get solved soon, peacefully, he's going to force me to get a lawyer. Not something I want to do.

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)
Bobby,

Are you seriously trying to come online and throw me under the bus like I completely wronged you?

You act like you have been trying to contact me for the past 2 months after you cancelled your outrageously custom build (600ci engine) that I was doing for cost. Then after doing so and I was very understanding. Without hesitation you filed a chargeback with your credit card company and I haven't heard from you since then. Well that is until this morning when you sent me a text message at 5AM. I tried to call you and got your voicemail, but if you would rather hash it out here then so be it. If you actually want to handle this appropriately, then call me back. You know me well enough to know that I admit my mistakes and handle them accordingly, but if I am the one being jerked around I won't back down.

I'm sure that you saw Vijay's thread that is a legitimate issue, and decided now was the time to attack and try to garner some support from the community since clearly RSI is such a horrible company. The horrible company that was going to eat all the cost of the 4.250 sleeves (https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...767212.-2207520000.1386698451.&type=3&theater), machine time and a test block, additional parts and all the time spent dealing with it.

After trying to sort out all the issues with the big problem projects, I offered you a solution to move quickly and dump the 600ci engine idea since that was the hold up. We then worked to get your car handled right away and unfortunately had issues with the transport picking your car up. I'm not sure what more I could have done to try and help you.

When you called me saying you wanted to cancel, you told me that you really didn't want to do so, but had some personal issues that forced you to do so. I was understanding and told you that I would look at the situation and contact you back later that week to discuss the refund. So you hung up and filed a chargeback. You were not trying to deal with us in good faith, you were simply trying to do whatever you could to get your money back since you knew our terms and conditions said otherwise.

#16 ·
Bobby,

After trying to sort out all the issues with the big problem projects, I offered you a solution to move quickly and dump the 600ci engine idea since that was the hold up. We then worked to get your car handled right away and unfortunately had issues with the transport picking your car up. I'm not sure what more I could have done to try and help you.
I consider myself to be friends with you both and I'm sorry to see things couldn't be worked out as he and I talked about it for quite some time.
My only question is, when the transportation issues happened, was as effort made to resolve it and was Bobby contacted about said issues?

Hope this can be worked out without the courts.

#8 · (Edited)
Seams like every buyer vs. vender thread on this site starts off exactly this way. Buyer says they were scammed... vender arrives to set things straight. I'm so confused on what vender to trust especially with me being new to the scene. Luckily my car has enough tasteful mods to last me until I see people and venders for what they are... I hope.

EDIT: don't want the "vender arrives to set things straight" part to seam as if I'm saying Will is right. Just that it's so hard to see what is really going on behind the curtains between the customer and the vender. Seams like every vender has had negative threads against them at one point or the other and Viper tuners appear to be more flaky than others. Again, I'm a noob on the Viper scene and just trying to figure out what the hell is going on with all these Venders so I know where to turn when it's my turn...

#9 ·
Seams like every buyer vs. vender thread on this site starts off exactly this way. Buyer says they were scammed... vender arrives to set things straight. I'm so confused on what vender to trust especially with me being new to the scene. Luckily my car has enough tasteful mods to last me until I see people and venders for what they are... I hope.
I'm in the same boat. I plan on doing some significant mods, but will wait to see how this all plays out. I had actually planned on contacting RSI for a TT project, but I think I'll wait to see how their customer service skills play out before taking the plunge.

#19 ·
Will,
If you gave me $ 19,838.75+ a billet crank and I held onto it for over year with nothing to show for it, don't you think you would have personal issues as well?

As per our last conversation you said you would talk to your accountant and get back to me. I did call 2x's the week after but you never got back to me. So I filed for a charge back to get some money back.

I never bothered you or harassed you for two months. To say I wasn't willing to work with you and be patient is a bit of an exaggeration. You know that people only have 30-60days to file for a charge back.

As far as shipping I offered to arrange transport but you refused it. I ship lots of cars and it takes me 30min. Waiting more than 30days to get a car pickup(but still wasn't) is unacceptable.

I think this is a golden opportunity for you to show how great your customer service is. I have been waiting two months for a refund without harassing you about it. Would you have preferred me to call and email daily? I will call you as requested.

Lets be very clear, I'm not attacking you. I think RSI makes great builds that's why I went with you in the 1st place. I don't think your a bad person. This is nothing more than a build that didn't workout. I harbor no animosity to you or RSI.

Who is Vijay????

#20 ·
Wow I always had doubts whenever someone would come here and air out their problems withRSI
but coming from Bobby. ...I'm done thinking that whenever I get a Viper I will send it over to RSI

i Have a GTR now and I've been dealing with AMS since my
evo days and they are the best...
When I had vettes ECS supercharging was my go fast place
they were awesome as well

if I get a viper?
Underground only comes to mind but they don't work on vipers anymore I think :(

Im sorry bout your issues Bobby. ..hope everything gets fix

#23 ·
I am going to add something that has nothing to do with any tuner/builder. Being in the Viper repair/build business I have come to the realization that shit doesn't/can't happen in two weeks. There are very few parts out there readily available. Alot of parts, especially custom, hurry up and wait..... very upsetting. Even little things like vband clamps and shit, unless you wanna pay ungodly shipping charges, takes two or three days to get delivered. That's another 2-3 days longer on the build. All that crap adds up, that in the beginning, a guy doesn't take into account.
And don't say " well, you should figure in the delays, you've done it enuff". I do, there is ALWAYS SOMETHING THAT MAKES DELAYS.
Not making excuses for anybody, shit just takes time. IT'S NOT LIKE BUILDING A CHEBY OR HONDA THAT HAVE A BAZILLION PARTS AVAILABLE. Most of this shit is custom made,built, and custom installed. TAKES FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!! Especially when the owner is constantly adding or changing whatever it is you're working on.
People don't realize this part of it, they think shit happens in 2 days.
Like I said, not siding with any tuner, just stating facts.
I try to stay in contact with customers at least on a weekly basis just because of these issues. Even if nothing happens on their car. I consider them friends after getting to know them and treat them that way.
Communication is key. Most people understand delays, it's when they don't hear anything for 3 months when they start to think they're getting shafted. Once that thought is started, you're screwed.

OK rail away..............:D

#27 ·
I try to stay in contact with customers at least on a weekly basis just because of these issues. Even if nothing happens on their car. I consider them friends after getting to know them and treat them that way.

Communication is key.

Most people understand delays, it's when they don't hear anything for 3 months when they start to think they're getting shafted. Once that thought is started, you're screwed.
OK rail away..............:D
Well said Mitch!

#25 ·
Can't be more custom and unique than the tt lambos. And how long are those full builds taking? Weeks.
Back in d day when Heffner started doing d bolt on TT systems on stock motor cars my car was picked up in florida delivered to Maryland, worked on and delivered back to me in 6 weeks.
Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#28 · (Edited)
Will has contacted me to work on a resolution to our issue, which I am open to try again (one more time). Hopefully this time we can finally put this to bed. Those who know me well know that having to deal with something like this, in this manner, is very much not my style. I am definitely not a cut throat business man, just a guy who likes to wire and tune cars and go fast.

#30 ·
I had problems with them a while back. I complained here...was then subsequently chewed out by many including Disturbed1...then Will told me "your business is not welcome at RSI". What was more shocking to me was to find out Dave is a "semi-frequent troll" over there farting in people's cars. WTF?

#34 · (Edited)
Just my 2 cents:

I dont know anyone who has had problems with RSI personally, nor do I know anyone who works at/owns RSI.

That being said, I have seen WAY too many complaint threads about RSI for me to even consider doing business with them to get work done on my Viper.

Not that they care about my potential business, but I'm sure there are plenty of Viper owners, like me, who want to pay a shop to do work, but will ABSOLUTELY NOT ever consider doing business with RSI due to the multiple complaint threads about them!

#35 ·
I'm sorry to hear you sold your car because of the deal. I've had some rough times with my car but stuck it out and it was worth it. I bought exhaust tips off of Will and he seems like a nice guy so it sucks to hear this about a vendor. I'm lucky enough to be an hour away from A&C performance and they have done all my work from minor things to the full exhaust and supercharger. Todd has always been great at updating me and other customers with what is going on with their cars. He uploads pictures and videos of the progress on the A&C performance Facebook page. He has driven down to meet me after I got a new clutch and flywheel and the crank sensor was shutting my car down. He diagnosed it and fixed it within a day. Everytime I have work done there he throws in something extra for free and always has an excited look on his face when you figure out what he did. He truly love working on vipers! I could go on and on about all the good things from his shop. There are some badass cars coming out of there and a guy from Africa has them build six cars for him. I refer all my friends from across the country to him and they are more than happy after they get the car back. Hopefully this bad experience doesn't turn you off from vipers forever...just find the right shop that will make you happy!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.