Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper

Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper (https://www.viperalley.com/forum/index.php)
-   Viper Collectables, Apparel or Merchandise (https://www.viperalley.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   offer/favor for t-shirt (https://www.viperalley.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93622)

ghost650 August 1st, 2011 01:56 PM

offer/favor for t-shirt

Hello everyone, I am new around these parts and was wondering if someone would be interested in a T-Shirt in return for providing a picture from which the T-shirt is to be designed.

Basically, i have a small online T-shirt shop geared towards car guys. I have been wanting to do a Viper shirt for a while now but can't find a picture of one that will fit the design i have in mind. I have concluded that the only way to get the shot/point of view that i want is to have someone with a viper and a camera (and a ladder?) take the picture for me.

In return for taking the picture of your car, i would be more than happy to send you one of the t-shirts made from that picture (or a different one if you dont want a tshirt made out of your car..) in whatever size and color you want.

I figured this was the best place to post such a request/offer but if this could/should be somewhere else, let me know.

Thanks,

-Thomas

BAD68GTO August 1st, 2011 02:08 PM

This will not end gracefully.....

a66cobra1 August 1st, 2011 02:13 PM

ghost, can you make bullet proof vests instead of t-shirts?

Mak August 1st, 2011 02:13 PM

Can you post an image of your other work?

BlackSnake99 August 1st, 2011 02:38 PM

Here is mine. It seems to be widely regarded as one of the best looking Gen 2 Vipers on the board. Feel free to use it on your t-shirts.

http://i1023.photobucket.com/albums/.../RiceViper.jpg

BAD68GTO August 1st, 2011 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackSnake99 (Post 1442071)
Here is mine. It seems to be widely regarded as one of the best looking Gen 2 Vipers on the board. Feel free to use it on your t-shirts.

OMFG that is a great Viper. Yes, that IS the BEST one on here-man I am jealous! if you put that on a shirt, I want at least 7 of them. Want the sizes now?

ghost650 August 1st, 2011 05:17 PM

:rolleyes:
Quote:

Originally Posted by BAD68GTO (Post 1442058)

how so?

ghost650 August 1st, 2011 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Makara (Post 1442061)
Can you post an image of your other work?

actually i cant...

since i am new here i am not allowed to link to other sites yet.

i was hesitant to drop a link in my initial post for fear of coming off too shameless-promotion-y anyway

if you google search "drgapparel" you will find it. also the link in my signature...

(the style i am looking to do is closer to the charger rather than the ferrari or alfa. So only 1 or 2 solid colors rather than gradiants. very graphic.)

ghost650 August 1st, 2011 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAD68GTO (Post 1442058)

hahaha!

so i poked around this section a little. found some pretty interesting discussions going on regarding people selling stuff. i see what you mean now.

i had a feeling i might run into this sort of thing if i appeared out of nowehere, posting randomly about something i want to sell.

and... i understand how it comes across. (sort of why i said that if i am posting in the wrong place to let me know...)

this is why i acknowledged from the begining that this is a request for a favor. i understand that people don't feel the need to make an effort for some jackass who just showed up.

BAD68GTO August 1st, 2011 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghost650 (Post 1442143)
hahaha!

so i poked around this section a little. found some pretty interesting discussions going on regarding people selling stuff. i see what you mean now.

i had a feeling i might run into this sort of thing if i appeared out of nowehere, posting randomly about something i want to sell.

and... i understand how it comes across. (sort of why i said that if i am posting in the wrong place to let me know...)

this is why i acknowledged from the begining that this is a request for a favor. i understand that people don't feel the need to make an effort for some jackass who just showed up.

Bro, are you going to make me those shirts with his car on it or not? I am actually seeing my family in Morocco next month and they also love Vipers and his is the nicest Viper on here. The paint hands down is terrific, and I saw this car last month and it is CLEAN. How much for the 7 shirts and can they be done by next month? Guys, anyone else up for these shirts? Let's sell a bunch for him. TY

ghost650 August 1st, 2011 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAD68GTO (Post 1442145)
Bro, are you going to make me those shirts with his car on it or not? I am actually seeing my family in Morocco next month and they also love Vipers and his is the nicest Viper on here. The paint hands down is terrific, and I saw this car last month and it is CLEAN. How much for the 7 shirts and can they be done by next month? Guys, anyone else up for these shirts? Let's sell a bunch for him. TY

Your sarcasm is coming through loud and clear. I really like vipers. A lot. They're actually what made me want to become a car designer.

I would never make a shirt out of that car. That car is an abomonation.

If you like I can tell you everything that's wrong with whats been done to that car. Just let me know.

GRCFORCE327 August 1st, 2011 06:51 PM

I sure wouldn't mind Jen whispering my Ghost !

jennifer love hewitt - Google Search

Next Phase August 1st, 2011 07:22 PM

Fun is over; how about something like this:

Redirect Notice

slovenom August 1st, 2011 09:03 PM

How about prouds Viper :)
The one with the lightning (thing)coming off the hood

Someone post a picture of it :)

slovenom August 1st, 2011 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackSnake99 (Post 1442071)

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...hthong/hot.jpg

JohnnyLightning August 1st, 2011 09:36 PM

Who the fuck wears a Viper t-shirt. Oh yea try the morg...

BAD68GTO August 2nd, 2011 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghost650 (Post 1442156)
Your sarcasm is coming through loud and clear. I really like vipers. A lot. They're actually what made me want to become a car designer.

I would never make a shirt out of that car. That car is an abomonation.

If you like I can tell you everything that's wrong with whats been done to that car. Just let me know.

Post up a pic of what you drive so we can judge your success?

a66cobra1 August 2nd, 2011 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyLightning (Post 1442216)
Who the fuck wears a Viper t-shirt. Oh yea try the morg...

That's why I have a brand new Viper polo for sale. Bought it when I bought my first Viper and never wore it.

Check the classifieds, you need one! It's never been farted in or on. :lol:

jasontiff August 2nd, 2011 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slovenom (Post 1442200)
How about prouds Viper :)
The one with the lightning (thing)coming off the hood

Someone post a picture of it :)

http://www.jtiff.com/viper/alley/lightningboner.jpg

ghost650 August 2nd, 2011 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Next Phase (Post 1442165)
Fun is over; how about something like this:

this is actually very close to the POV i am looking for, thanks for actually taking this seriously...

The shot i am really after would be the point of view of someone standing ontop of a ladder (or in a second story window? similar height...) behind the car. I am trying to capture the curvatures in the hood and roof as well as emphasizing the width of the rear.

again, thank you.