Some of my 1:12 scale JRL & Anson models - Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper

Go Back   Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Collectables, Apparel or Merchandise
» Live Feed « · War Room · Graffiti Wall · Arcade · Viper Blogs ·  

Viper Collectables, Apparel or Merchandise A place to discuss, trade or otherwise promote Viper merchandise, collectables or apparel.

Some of my 1:12 scale JRL & Anson models

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Some of my 1:12 scale JRL & Anson models
Old February 13th, 2011, 11:57 PM   #1
Enthusiast

JMCustoms is definately JV with 270 pointsJMCustoms is definately JV with 270 pointsJMCustoms is definately JV with 270 points
Post Some of my 1:12 scale JRL & Anson models

I recently purchased these three models online in the past month. Now I have seen and been aware of these since 2000, but didn't think they were very big from looking at pictures (which distorts size) ....and spending $80-100 on a single model seemed a bit much. This past October I saw a 1:12 GT40 up close and was shocked at how large they were. So in December I saw this blue Anson for $65 NIB and was surprised of how large it was. I can see why people sell them after a while, because they take up a lot of room if not displayed properly. These cars weight about 8.5lbs and are worth the money.
I recently picked up this metallic green one for $45 MINT condition, just dusty and a JRL in black NIB still smells factory new for $103 ..not bad for both models.

Some history on the 1:12 Vipers,

A toy company by the name of JRL Collectables started off making the 1:12 scale RT/10 Vipers in the mid to late 1990's, available in red or black which were mostly sold at Dodge dealerships. In 1998 JRL started working on a 1:12 scale GTS and GTS-R (GT2) model Vipers which would be available in the traditional metallic blue/w and white/b. At this time they had only produced about 10-12 GTS models when Anson Investing (Anson-Scale Model) bought the rights from JRL's to the 1:12 scale Vipers. In 1999 Anson only re-issued the 1:12 scale RT/10 Vipers adding yellow, green, blue/w, white/b with a limited quantity of 3,999 which were sold at KB Toys stores. Often times on ebay you'll find damaged models which were given to children with destructive hands. For whatever reason, Anson decided not to manufacture the GTS and GT2, but had added the two color scemes to the RT/10 models make them inaccurate.

Last edited by JMCustoms; February 14th, 2011 at 12:02 AM.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 14th, 2011, 12:14 AM   #2

Myka is The Man with 1730 pointsMyka is The Man with 1730 pointsMyka is The Man with 1730 pointsMyka is The Man with 1730 pointsMyka is The Man with 1730 pointsMyka is The Man with 1730 pointsMyka is The Man with 1730 pointsMyka is The Man with 1730 pointsMyka is The Man with 1730 pointsMyka is The Man with 1730 pointsMyka is The Man with 1730 points
Do you have any gas powered remote control cars? I want one of those.

Old February 14th, 2011, 12:24 AM   #3
Irredeemable

getbit is not afraid of bears with 23735 pointsgetbit is not afraid of bears with 23735 pointsgetbit is not afraid of bears with 23735 pointsgetbit is not afraid of bears with 23735 pointsgetbit is not afraid of bears with 23735 pointsgetbit is not afraid of bears with 23735 pointsgetbit is not afraid of bears with 23735 pointsgetbit is not afraid of bears with 23735 pointsgetbit is not afraid of bears with 23735 pointsgetbit is not afraid of bears with 23735 pointsgetbit is not afraid of bears with 23735 points
I have one still in the box I will be selling soon...with GTS and Comp Coupe bodies.

Old February 14th, 2011, 12:28 AM   #4
Enthusiast

JMCustoms is definately JV with 270 pointsJMCustoms is definately JV with 270 pointsJMCustoms is definately JV with 270 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myka View Post
Do you have any gas powered remote control cars? I want one of those.
No, but I do have the JRL 1:14 battery RC Viper in red, doesn't run, a little beat up too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbit View Post
I have one still in the box I will be selling soon...with GTS and Comp Coupe bodies.
Please tell me your talking about a 1:12 scale model GTS and not the Nitro?

Old February 14th, 2011, 05:30 PM   #5
Irredeemable

getbit is not afraid of bears with 23735 pointsgetbit is not afraid of bears with 23735 pointsgetbit is not afraid of bears with 23735 pointsgetbit is not afraid of bears with 23735 pointsgetbit is not afraid of bears with 23735 pointsgetbit is not afraid of bears with 23735 pointsgetbit is not afraid of bears with 23735 pointsgetbit is not afraid of bears with 23735 pointsgetbit is not afraid of bears with 23735 pointsgetbit is not afraid of bears with 23735 pointsgetbit is not afraid of bears with 23735 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCustoms View Post
Please tell me your talking about a 1:12 scale model GTS and not the Nitro?
Sorry...I'm talking about a 1:10 scale HPI Nitro RS4 Dodge Viper GTS-R, still factory sealed in the box...includes the assembled chassis (radio and engine installed), GTS-R body (clear/unpainted), decals and racing wing and TX-2 radio system...retail was $529.00-$609.00.
I have a spare Competition Coupe body (clear/unpainted with decals).

The kit comes 90% assembled, including a high-quality Airtronics Rival 2P already installed.
The only things the owner has to do is glue the tires, paint and cut out the body, and the car is ready to go.
The kit is equipped with HPI's proven triple belt 4WD system, oil-filled shocks (also preassembled), a strong 15FE engine, full ball bearing set, countersunk purple anodized aluminum chassis, and their M Compound Super Radial tires for great grip.

Requires (purchased separately): Fuel, fuel bottle, 12-AA sized batteries, glow plug igniter, polycarbonate paint and instant cement (see picture below).
You will also need a 7.2v battery pack and charger for the Roto Start system.

Optional Performance Parts: Does not need any, model is great out of the box.

GTS-R Competition Coupe body example...

Dodge Viper Nitro RC Car Reviews

"The heart of the new and improved RTR Nitro RS4 3 Evo is the brand new T-15 engine, providing more mid-range power and top end speed! A tall cast aluminium heatsink head on the T-15 keeps it cool and running smoothly, and the 2-needle carb allows owners to tune the engine precisely for their conditions. The included HPI Roto Start System lets the engine start up with push-button convenience! The T-15 breathes through a large pre-oiled air filter and our aluminium header/composite tuned pipe combo - a great way to get tons of power to the ground!" - HPI Europe

"The Evo model propels the humble RTR 3 into the performance limelight, and it doesn’t shy away from the competition. The gains in speed and overall performance, plus the addition of the electric start system, make the Evo a viable purchase for not just the beginner, but the more advanced driver as well." - R/C Car Magazine

Now, I do have several scaled models, still in their boxes, that I am storing at my office and will be putting up for sale soon when I can get a chance to organize and inventory them.

Last edited by getbit; February 14th, 2011 at 10:09 PM.

Old February 16th, 2011, 05:02 AM   #6
Enthusiast

What I always wanted were one of those 1/5 scale GTSR's that use the Zenoah 2-stroke engines. I'd like to get one of those and put a severely modified all Billet, reeded, ported, stroked long-rod, MSD wired Trevor Simpson modified Zenoah engine in the Chassis of a 1/5 Viper, but unfortunately they're too rare and not replacable.

Old February 16th, 2011, 07:14 AM   #7

spideyfoot is definately JV with 280 pointsspideyfoot is definately JV with 280 pointsspideyfoot is definately JV with 280 points
Can you post some pics of the whole collection. I just started collecting and could use some inspiration. Right now I only have 1/1 and 1/64th scale.

Old July 15th, 2011, 01:34 AM   #8
Enthusiast

Here are some custom 1:12 Vipers off ebay that have been professionaly coated.

Old July 15th, 2011, 01:43 AM   #9
Diamond Supporter

Viper4Christ is not afraid of bears with 45456 pointsViper4Christ is not afraid of bears with 45456 pointsViper4Christ is not afraid of bears with 45456 pointsViper4Christ is not afraid of bears with 45456 pointsViper4Christ is not afraid of bears with 45456 pointsViper4Christ is not afraid of bears with 45456 pointsViper4Christ is not afraid of bears with 45456 pointsViper4Christ is not afraid of bears with 45456 pointsViper4Christ is not afraid of bears with 45456 pointsViper4Christ is not afraid of bears with 45456 pointsViper4Christ is not afraid of bears with 45456 points
Greg (V10rocket) had a GTS with the chameleon paint job and the chrome one looks like a giant mirror. Decent looking on the model but not some much if done in real life. Nice details on the cars as well.

To JM Customs
Old March 21st, 2013, 01:09 AM   #10
n00b

opawsome is unremarkable with 10 points
Send a message via AIM to opawsome
To JM Customs

I am brand new to this site and just happened to stumble upon it while looking for information on JRL Viper Models. I worked on the design and manufacturing of the real Viper fog and headlamps.
You have a very extensive collection. However, I noticed there is one that you don't have or at least I didn't see in your pictures. But first, let me give you a little more back ground on the JLR Toys 1:12 scale cars. You are correct that JRL toys did make the models. However, they were made in 1995 and, according to my source, they made only as many cars in red (3,000) and black (300) as made for that model year. The idea was that if you bought a real Viper, you were mailed an order form to fill out to buy a model in your color and it would be customized with your real license plate number and your vin number. I have one of the original order forms. It would cost you $499.00 to get a model. Now, Dodge's sales group messed up and never got the order forms out to the people who bought real Vipers so no one knew about the program or being able to get the models. So, JRL was allowed to distribute the cars to the dealers. Since they were selling at the dealers for $499.00 not many sold. Therefore, JLR was allowed to sell the cars through distribution channels.
Now, getting back to the colors and quantities... for the 1995 Model year, they made 3,000 red cars of which 700 of the red cars were made into 1991 Indy 500 Pace Cars (the one I didn't see in your collection) by adding stickers that were the exact same as those on the real 1991 Indy Pace Car. There was actually 1,000 sets of Indy Pace Car stickers made but only 700 pace cars were sold so only 700 sets were used. Somewhere along the line, someone took some red cars and put silk screen pace car emblems on them. Don't be fooled!! Those are not official JRL Pace Cars. Only those with the stickers. I have a real stickered Pace Car model. I also have a Black Model and an Anson white with blue stripes (correct me here but I do believe the white with blue stripes were suppose to be Shelby Vipers) I bought my cars back in 1998 in the original boxes and they are still in their original boxes with the tissue paper as well. They also have zero miles on their odometers. If you or anyone else is interested, I can send scanned copies of the original order form to you.
Feel free to correct me if my information is not correct. When I saw your collection I wanted to share what I knew.

Old April 24th, 2013, 01:13 PM   #11
Enthusiast

Jon Mopar is well liked with 211 pointsJon Mopar is well liked with 211 pointsJon Mopar is well liked with 211 points
Some refer to white/blue Vipers as Shelby vipers because of the color scheme, but they were never called "Shelby" Vipers. Shelby actually had his own version of the viper in white/blue that was customized, known as the CS. They made very few.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Collectables, Apparel or Merchandise

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in