Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

ViperAlley Classifieds: Auctions/Bidding

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  pj 
#1 ·
I'm testing out some new code in the Classifieds area which would let people put items up for auction instead of just for sale. When placing the ad, you have the option to tag the item as an auction item and to place the opening bid in the price line. After that, any member of the site can bid on your item "eBay style".

"eBay style" means that you enter your maximum bid and the system will incrementally increase your bid to your max bid. If an item is $10 and you bid a max of $20, then the bid will go to $10.25 until someone outbids you. If they bid $15, your bid of $15.25 would automatically outbid them.

If you are outbid over your maximum bid, then you will get an email alerting you that you've been outbid.

As I said, this is experimental and let me know if you have any problems. I hope to get it finalized in the next few days. The only area that accepts auctions is the Collectibles area).

#3 ·
Tried to bid, got this:

MySQL error reported!

Script: bids

Query: INSERT INTO cp_bids (id,ad_id,user_id,username,bid,maxbid,bid_date,bid_ip) VALUES (NULL,333,1528,'Lucifer',5.25,10,1096390600,'66.140.105.62')

Result: Table 'viperalley.cp_bids' doesn't exist

Database handle: Resource id #5

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.