Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper

Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper (https://www.viperalley.com/forum/index.php)
-   VA (https://www.viperalley.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=394)
-   -   We Have a Virginia Section? (https://www.viperalley.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127970)

BlackSnake99 September 10th, 2013 06:43 PM

We Have a Virginia Section?

Bitchin' cool!!

VA_SRT September 11th, 2013 01:16 PM

First time poster longtime troller... I live in the Hampton area and it seems there are never any meets down this way.

CarolinaGTS September 15th, 2013 07:01 AM

VA SRT... next weekend is Mopar Madness at the Virginia Motorsports Park near Petersburg (Sep 21-22). Sunday will be dedicated to the Vipers with drag racing and auto crossing to determine the best overall viper.

I have a list of 30 local Hampton Roads/Tidewater area Viper owners who I email when events come up. PM me if you want to be on that list. I am planning a early November cruise from Yorktown through Williamsburg, to Jamestown if you are interested.

VA_SRT September 15th, 2013 08:47 AM

Hey Tom! I was thinking about coming out but something came up for next weekend that I need to take care of. Really looking forward to the Fall cruise. Let me know if you need any help out with that at all.

-Harold

CarolinaGTS September 15th, 2013 04:11 PM

Ok Harold, thanks. I didn't realize it was you. So many new people coming over here now to get info that we can't get over there. I've been around here since 07, I just don't post very often.

KNG SNKE September 15th, 2013 04:39 PM

How's it going Tom?

VA_SRT September 16th, 2013 07:15 AM

Yeah... Hoping this forum will let the local people communicate a little easier without having to pay $100+ a year just to say "Hi" in their region.

Chipster September 16th, 2013 11:38 AM

I'm in Fredericksburg and there are a few GTS guys around here but I think only one of them did forums and he was on VCA so I'm not sure about now. Quite a few in the area though!

CarolinaGTS September 17th, 2013 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KNG SNKE (Post 2012666)
How's it going Tom?

Hi "Chief", congrats on the advancement!

BigBadViper September 17th, 2013 07:22 PM

You can add me to your Hampton roads list. I have a house in Va Beach and usually go up there about twice a month. I have never brought the Viper up, but I would if something was going on.

CarolinaGTS September 18th, 2013 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBadViper (Post 2022714)
You can add me to your Hampton roads list. I have a house in Va Beach and usually go up there about twice a month. I have never brought the Viper up, but I would if something was going on.

No problem. Just PM your E-Mail address and I'll get you added. The same for anyone else wanting to be kept informed of Eastern Va activities.

VA_SRT September 27th, 2013 11:15 AM

Had fun meeting up last week Tom. How did the Sunday autocross go?

CarolinaGTS September 30th, 2013 06:51 PM

Only 3 Vipers signed up to autocross and they had problems with the timing lights so we just did fun runs. It turned out to be better because we had people sign a waiver sheet and we just all started taking passengers on a two lap fun run. Most of the riders I had told me they had never even sat in a Viper so to have their first experience being an autocross was the thrill of their life. All three of us let it all hang out... spinning, drifting, wiping out cones, taking the curves waaaay too fast, etc. I finally had to quit because my front tires had no more grip at all. One of my riders got on the phone when he got in the car and called his girlfriend and said "you'll never guess what I'm getting ready to do!" I thought that was pretty cool.

CarolinaGTS October 4th, 2013 01:00 PM

Nov 2 cruise

Quote:

Originally Posted by VA_SRT (Post 2049642)
Had fun meeting up last week Tom. How did the Sunday autocross go?

Harold, did you get the email about the cruise on the colonial Parkway on Nov 2?

VA_SRT October 4th, 2013 04:04 PM

Yeah... Going be there for sure. And most likely meet up with you at the Chesapeake Mall.

I'm going to print off a couple flyers for C&C VA beach this weekend encase I run into some other guys. I normally see one or two of them up at Williamsburg C&C.

CarolinaGTS October 5th, 2013 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VA_SRT (Post 2071210)
Yeah... Going be there for sure. And most likely meet up with you at the Chesapeake Mall.

I'm going to print off a couple flyers for C&C VA beach this weekend encase I run into some other guys. I normally see one or two of them up at Williamsburg C&C.

Feel free to give them to anyone with a Mopar. I've got Vipers, a Prowler, and Challengers signed up so far.

4Nik8 October 18th, 2013 09:27 AM

Glad to see a VA section. Interested in the cruise on 11/2. Please post details.
Thnks!

VA_SRT October 19th, 2013 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4Nik8 (Post 2101713)
Glad to see a VA section. Interested in the cruise on 11/2. Please post details.
Thnks!

You have a PM.

avijay October 29th, 2013 06:32 PM

I'd be interested in the 11/2 cruise as well if you could shoot me some info, thanks.

VA_SRT October 30th, 2013 05:32 PM

Historic Virginia Autumn Viper and Mopar cruise

Williamsburg, Jamestown, Yorktown

Saturday, November 2, 2013
Cruise Agenda:
7:00-7:30 AM: Meet in parking lot of Macy's at Greenbrier Mall (leaving at 7:30)
8:00 AM: Arrive at Chesapeake Square Mall Sears and JC Penny parking lot (leaving at 8:30)
9:30 AM: Arrive at the Yorktown Battlefield Visitor's Center (1000 Colonial Parkway, Yorktown, VA). You will have an hour to tour the visitor's center and battlefields.
10:30 AM: Leave the Yorktown Battlefield Visitors center to begin the Colonial Parkway Cruise.
11:00 AM: Arrive in Williamsburg at the Prince George parking garage (230 North Henry Street) for a 1.5 Hr. walking/shopping tour of the historic Merchants Square district (Merchants Square - A unique shopping experience near Historic Colonial Williamsburg, VA) There is a $2 parking fee.
12:30 PM: Head back to meet the group back at the parking garage.
1:00 PM: Leave Williamsburg to continue the Colonial Parkway cruise. There will be 2 photo stops on this leg of the cruise.
2:00 PM: Arrive at the Jamestown Visitors center (2110 Jamestown Rd, Williamsburg, VA). You will have an hour to relax and tour the visitor's center.
3:00 PM: Leave visitors center for Pierce's BBQ (447 East Rochambeau, Williamsburg, VA)
3:30 PM: Arrive at Pierce's BBQ (Pierce's PITT Bar-B-Que)
4:30-4:45 PM: Leave Pierce's BBQ for a group cruise to back to the Southside. There is no formal "after-cruise" gathering place, just exit the cruise when you need to.
Thank you for cruising with us and drive safe!
Point of contact: Tom McCormick
Please contact me at [email protected], and let me know what you are driving and where you will be meeting the group so I can get an idea of who to look for at each meeting spot.
I can also be reached on the TMC and Viper Club forums under the name dodgefever.