racing harness - Page 3 - Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper

Go Back   Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » The Track
» Live Feed « · War Room · Graffiti Wall · Arcade · Viper Blogs ·  

The Track Talk Tech with Performance Junkies or talk about taking it to the track. "Kill Stories" posted here.

racing harness

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Re: racing harness
Old January 30th, 2006, 12:18 PM   #41
Diamond Supporter

_Mark_ is not afraid of bears with 2698 points_Mark_ is not afraid of bears with 2698 points_Mark_ is not afraid of bears with 2698 points_Mark_ is not afraid of bears with 2698 points_Mark_ is not afraid of bears with 2698 points_Mark_ is not afraid of bears with 2698 points_Mark_ is not afraid of bears with 2698 points_Mark_ is not afraid of bears with 2698 points_Mark_ is not afraid of bears with 2698 points_Mark_ is not afraid of bears with 2698 points_Mark_ is not afraid of bears with 2698 points
Send a message via AIM to _Mark_ Send a message via Yahoo to _Mark_
Re: racing harness

I think any talk about belts should also include talk about the seat. You have to think of everything as a single system, including your helmet and head restraint if you use one.

For example, if I was tracking with a stock Viper seat, 6pt harnesses are a no brainer. Thinking that a 5th pt that has to attach up over the front of a stock seat is going to do anything for you is foolish.

I have a Sparco Pro2k I put in for track duty. Its different than a stock seat in that it forms a 'bucket' that angles my ass down and to the back of the car from my knees. I wish the stock seat did this too cause its much more comfortable for me. The Sparco also of course has a slot in the bottom for the 5th pt. which comes up right at my crotch and makes the shortest possible distance between the floor anchor and the camlock. Oh I also have TeamTechs which use a large triangular pelvic pad at the 5th attatchment pt. rather than just the plain 2" web neuter belt other setups use.

For me, I feel so secure when combining the seat and the angle its on with the tight, close fit of the 5pts that I don't see an advantage to going with 6pt setup. Although I've never been in an accident either, nor am I saying that 6pts aren't safer. Its just a matter of 'safe enough' for my comfort.

Seat angle is also critical to account for when you get a HANS. The angle of the yoke on your shoulders has to be matched to that of the seat, or else inappropriate pressure can be put on your sternum in an accident and end up breaking it.

Just thought I'd mention it. The stock Viper seat is a POS in my opinion though so I'd assume people swap them out.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 16th, 2014, 01:29 AM   #42
n00b

Maggs22 is a B-Teamer with 52 points
Trying to pick out the right racing harness for my 1999 Rt10. Total rookie question here: is my car ready to take a 5pt harness (are the mounting points already there or do I have to cut?) and what brand do you suggest? Thanks

Old November 16th, 2014, 08:26 AM   #43

GhostStalker27  with -2407 pointsGhostStalker27  with -2407 pointsGhostStalker27  with -2407 pointsGhostStalker27  with -2407 pointsGhostStalker27  with -2407 pointsGhostStalker27  with -2407 pointsGhostStalker27  with -2407 pointsGhostStalker27  with -2407 pointsGhostStalker27  with -2407 pointsGhostStalker27  with -2407 pointsGhostStalker27  with -2407 points
^ I believe unless you have an acr you'll have to drill

Old March 20th, 2015, 12:24 PM   #44

tspargo is The Man with 1881 pointstspargo is The Man with 1881 pointstspargo is The Man with 1881 pointstspargo is The Man with 1881 pointstspargo is The Man with 1881 pointstspargo is The Man with 1881 pointstspargo is The Man with 1881 pointstspargo is The Man with 1881 pointstspargo is The Man with 1881 pointstspargo is The Man with 1881 pointstspargo is The Man with 1881 points
Installation instructions for 1st and 2nd gens are at the theViperStore.com.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » The Track

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in