Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

Florida Viper Spring Itinerary

2K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  a66cobra1 
#1 ·
Saturday February 27, 2010 - Palm Beach Super Car Experience
Many of you have already attended this event in year's past; it's now been renamed. (Formally Palm Beach Supercar Sunday) and will be an even greater show. There is no cost to attending for VCA Members, but I will need to know if you're planning on attending. Please email me to let me know if you're coming.
Palm Beach « The Supercar Experience

Saturday, March 13, 2010 Hook on Driving at PBIR
Another fabulous track day with Hook on Driving. If you've never been to PBIR since they've renovated it, you're missing out. What a difference now, and so you've gotta see it up close and run on it. We will be getting a VCA discount for all drivers attending. Please email me if you're interested in going.

Sunday, March 14, 2010 Top Gun Run Standing Mile
Another Standing Mile Event in the Everglades, come see what you can achieve in the standing mile. The event will give you official mile times that are certified by TAG Heuer. Also, I've invited the entire Viper nation to come and run with all of us, and so far we've got the Central North Florida group heading down.

Please email me if you're interested in going.

April 2010 Viper Club Party
Yes, we're having a party and are almost finished with the date and the plans. It will be in the day time, and at a local park where your whole family can attend.

May 2010 Overnighter to Key West
We're planning an overnighter to Key West so be sure to look out for details. As member Blair Retchin would say, it's the Annual 2005 Key West Run, that's taking place! Details to follow shortly.

That's all for now, so I hope to see you soon at some or all of these events. Please email me if you have any questions or comments. Thank you and see you soon!

Ivan

See less See more
#3 ·
Ron you are correct. We have the Gainesville 1.5 mile road course coming up in March. I enjoyed the standing mile event so much I want to go back down there in March. We haven't gotten together since my last BBQ. Was the food that bad???

#9 ·
Ron we have moved the Gainesville event to the third week in April.

So far we are outnumbered by 11 Lambos to only 2 Vipers. We need some more snakes to come out and play. We have less then 2 weeks to go so I am hoping to see a few more Vipers this time out.

Here is a pic of Disturbeds Viper from the last mile event

#6 ·
Richie,

I'll be there for the March 13 and 14 events.

I hear there will be a boat load of Lambo's coming out as well.

I'll be bringing my slow P-car, but will try to hang with the big guns.

WHO ELSE IS COMING????? I'm thinking since Bradenton didn't happen this past December, that there is no reason why some folks can't plan to come down for this.

#7 ·
Dan so far we have more Lambos then Vipers registered and hoping to change that this week. There is a $25 discount to all alley members this time not just VCA members. Good place to take a friend for a ride over 150mph legally. Last time out Doug and his wife broke the 200mph barrier in his Murci. Now that's what I call sharing an experience.

Keyboard Warriors are more then welcome to ride shotgun.

:drive:

#10 ·
Copy of the e-mail Ivan sent me.

In just over a week, you will have an opportunity of a lifetime, and that is to drive your Viper with NO SPEED LIMITS! Yes, you read that right! For over a mile, you'll be able to have the pedal to the metal, WOT (wide open throttle), Drive it like you Stole it, and see what it feels like. The only ticket you'll get is the ticket that says how fast you actually went, and a certificate that will certify your time in the Standing Mile.

There are only about a half dozen places in the country that you can do this, but I will say this: we have the best venue, the best facility, and the best weather.

The regular cost to attend is $150 which includes the driver and car. If you wish to have the food included which is breakfast, lunch, snacks and all the beverages you wish, it's $200. Passengers are $50 each and spectators are $5 each. If you wish to bring a guest, the additional catering is $50 each.

VCA South Florida will be absorbing the difference of the following: Take $25 off the $150 package, $25 off the $200 Package, your passenger will be FREE, take off $25 for an additional catered lunch, and all spectators coming from the VCA will have free admission.

There are many who've signed up already and it's my hope that you'll be able to attend and have a blast in your Viper or other Exotic car.

Dodge was going to send a Bonneville Viper to us, thanks to Ralph Gilles and Steve Sharples, but the car was not ready. They will be bringing something special though, that even I don't know about. Dodge has also said that they may have Motor Trend cover this event, so be sure to have the So-Flo look.

Log on to the event website and see all the cars signed up thus far. topgunrun There will be some very fast cars and motorcycles, all trying to break the land speed record at this event. A notable car that will be there is a 2000HP Ford GT that is looking to go over 260 MPH in the Standing Mile.

FYI, in the afternoon and when time permits, we will have the timing lights moved an additional half mile so that those who need the extra distance can really set out to run their top speed.

You can sign up now at topgunrun and be sure to mention the VCA Discount. But you need to do that before next week due to the head count for lunch. I have had the discount extended to all Viper Alley members.

Hope to see you on the airstrip.

Ivan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.