Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper

Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper (https://www.viperalley.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Track (https://www.viperalley.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Screw the 1/4 mile, who wants to run the mile?! (https://www.viperalley.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38078)

SVS Turbo November 15th, 2005 09:55 PM

Re: Screw the 1/4 mile, who wants to run the mile?!

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Hennessey
shoot jr. all you got to do to beat that with your race car is to put the 6speed back in and go do it.

Don't tease me like that, racing doesn't pay the bills.

If we were located anywhere within 5 hours of a playground like the Texas Mile, I think we would have entered and raced a few already :nod:

shoot john. all we gotta do is entertain someone to get us a rig, travel around the country and go racing , (and picking up the check of course) we would light our hair on fire for a season of speed :rofl:

1.3 miles on El Mirage. record is 240. dry dirt lake bed.
Salt is 264, 5 mile
3 or 4 different locals of standing miles throughout the country.
Add in a couple 1/4 mile events and maybe an open road race.

I would need a vacation for a couple weeks after all this. Definitely Mexico desert racing in some sand dune rails close to the beach :cool:

Baja :headscratch: maybe add in a shark cage dive too

STV_Keith November 16th, 2005 06:31 PM

Quote:

The only reason we havent run this car at sand hills and other mile events is that it is a total street car and does not have a roll cage etc.

John, your car is stupid fast - why not step up and put a cage in it?
Quote:

hopefully we will attend a few of these events in 2006.

Sounds Great!
Quote:

Originally Posted by SVS Turbo
One of the most important factors of a sanctioned racing event is that you get wrote up in the record books :thumb: It would be awesome if you were recognized and in the record books at a sanctioned event for that 210mph standing mile :thumb:

I have heard rumors about Guinness Book sanctioning one...I'd guess SSCC, since Guinness has already hooked up with them in the past.
Quote:

Originally Posted by SVS Turbo
At the Sandhills a record is waiting to be beat. What's your thoughts about going over 210 there?

Better chance of getting the speed there, due to lower altitude than the SSCC events, but I've seen your video and there are a few bumps it seems, right there at the end. :shocked:
Quote:

texas mile has about 5000 ft of shutdown - more than enough for any sports car. the bike that ran 250 mph in the mile was able to shut down fine there.

The SSCC events is held on SR-490, which has about 2 total miles of straight, with a slight bend at the end and a bit more room. You'll have at least a mile to shut it down after the mile run up. They also don't have anything against running/using a 'chute if you wish (other than in the Z-2-Z Challenge).

Would love to see some of you guys attend the Z-2-Z and 1/2 mile and 1 mile SSCC events next May. I'll be back for that one again. :)

SVS Turbo November 17th, 2005 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STV_Keith
Better chance of getting the speed there, due to lower altitude than the SSCC events, but I've seen your video and there are a few bumps it seems, right there at the end. :shocked:

:nod:

what's directly to your right after those bumps?

STV_Keith November 18th, 2005 02:33 AM

Fire trucks, medical personell or not, I don't want to have them jump into action!