TT Lambos cleans house KOS - Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper
 
Go Back   Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » The Track
» Live Feed « · War Room · Graffiti Wall · Arcade · Viper Blogs ·  

The Track Talk Tech with Performance Junkies or talk about taking it to the track. "Kill Stories" posted here.

TT Lambos cleans house KOS

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

TT Lambos cleans house KOS
Old August 9th, 2013, 02:19 AM   #1
Diamond Supporter
 
Viper4Christ's Avatar
 
Viper4Christ is offline
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 9,831
Viper4Christ is not afraid of bears with 45706 pointsViper4Christ is not afraid of bears with 45706 pointsViper4Christ is not afraid of bears with 45706 pointsViper4Christ is not afraid of bears with 45706 pointsViper4Christ is not afraid of bears with 45706 pointsViper4Christ is not afraid of bears with 45706 pointsViper4Christ is not afraid of bears with 45706 pointsViper4Christ is not afraid of bears with 45706 pointsViper4Christ is not afraid of bears with 45706 pointsViper4Christ is not afraid of bears with 45706 pointsViper4Christ is not afraid of bears with 45706 points
Rep Power: 323
TT Lambos cleans house KOS

King of the Streets '13

As much as I'd like to see a big build Viper come out and win, it is nice seeing a well built super car dish out serious punishment to Vettes, GT-R's and Stangs alike.

The 1250hp LMR TT Viper makes a run against Kevin in a white LP-570 but dies off on the top end with the smaller turbos.



Looks like UR FTW..........



Again.





  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old August 9th, 2013, 10:30 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Disturbed 01's Avatar
 
Disturbed 01 is offline
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: ...in History...
Posts: 5,373
Disturbed 01 is not afraid of bears with 20481 pointsDisturbed 01 is not afraid of bears with 20481 pointsDisturbed 01 is not afraid of bears with 20481 pointsDisturbed 01 is not afraid of bears with 20481 pointsDisturbed 01 is not afraid of bears with 20481 pointsDisturbed 01 is not afraid of bears with 20481 pointsDisturbed 01 is not afraid of bears with 20481 pointsDisturbed 01 is not afraid of bears with 20481 pointsDisturbed 01 is not afraid of bears with 20481 pointsDisturbed 01 is not afraid of bears with 20481 pointsDisturbed 01 is not afraid of bears with 20481 points
Rep Power: 151
Damn it.... Would someone with a TT viper get out and please stomp the ever living shit out of these Lambos. I get so sick of seeing this. It just pisses me off to no end that we all know these cars can do it but it NEVER happens. FFFFUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKKKKK
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old August 9th, 2013, 11:37 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
plumcrazy's Avatar
 
plumcrazy is offline
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: ALL OVER
Posts: 22,403
plumcrazy is not afraid of bears with 162183 pointsplumcrazy is not afraid of bears with 162183 pointsplumcrazy is not afraid of bears with 162183 pointsplumcrazy is not afraid of bears with 162183 pointsplumcrazy is not afraid of bears with 162183 pointsplumcrazy is not afraid of bears with 162183 pointsplumcrazy is not afraid of bears with 162183 pointsplumcrazy is not afraid of bears with 162183 pointsplumcrazy is not afraid of bears with 162183 pointsplumcrazy is not afraid of bears with 162183 pointsplumcrazy is not afraid of bears with 162183 points
Rep Power: 1109
lambo > viper
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 

Old August 9th, 2013, 11:41 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
sonofadragracer's Avatar
 
sonofadragracer is offline
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Boca Raton, FL.
Posts: 9,437
sonofadragracer is not afraid of bears with 69048 pointssonofadragracer is not afraid of bears with 69048 pointssonofadragracer is not afraid of bears with 69048 pointssonofadragracer is not afraid of bears with 69048 pointssonofadragracer is not afraid of bears with 69048 pointssonofadragracer is not afraid of bears with 69048 pointssonofadragracer is not afraid of bears with 69048 pointssonofadragracer is not afraid of bears with 69048 pointssonofadragracer is not afraid of bears with 69048 pointssonofadragracer is not afraid of bears with 69048 pointssonofadragracer is not afraid of bears with 69048 points
Rep Power: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disturbed 01 View Post
Damn it.... Would someone with a TT viper get out and please stomp the ever living shit out of these Lambos. I get so sick of seeing this. It just pisses me off to no end that we all know these cars can do it but it NEVER happens. FFFFUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKKKKK
I'd like to see the damn race go from a standing start, Viper w/a good set of Cheater Slicks and a good Driver.

I'm sorry, but the "Granny Highway Gear" Racing is getting old.

Why don't we just go to the FUCKING SALT FLATS!!!


  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old August 9th, 2013, 11:43 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Viper Explorer is offline
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: South FL, FL
Posts: 10,776
Viper Explorer is not afraid of bears with 39955 pointsViper Explorer is not afraid of bears with 39955 pointsViper Explorer is not afraid of bears with 39955 pointsViper Explorer is not afraid of bears with 39955 pointsViper Explorer is not afraid of bears with 39955 pointsViper Explorer is not afraid of bears with 39955 pointsViper Explorer is not afraid of bears with 39955 pointsViper Explorer is not afraid of bears with 39955 pointsViper Explorer is not afraid of bears with 39955 pointsViper Explorer is not afraid of bears with 39955 pointsViper Explorer is not afraid of bears with 39955 points
Rep Power: 288
I don't think we'll ever see a legit street Viper (and not something like Sals) that can still be daily driven, road course, whatever (not one strictly for straight line).... take on the G's. G's have weight advantage, awd, high rpms, trans, etc... just too hard to overcome on the street. Maybe some will get close, but actually take down a G in the way the Gs do to everyone else, kinda doubt it... sadly. We all know Sals could decimate on the street if he ran, but that power on the street in rwd would be way to risky/sketchy on slicks, has he ever ran dr's?
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old August 9th, 2013, 11:53 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
The Former PFR's Avatar
 
The Former PFR is offline
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,146
The Former PFR is not afraid of bears with 28322 pointsThe Former PFR is not afraid of bears with 28322 pointsThe Former PFR is not afraid of bears with 28322 pointsThe Former PFR is not afraid of bears with 28322 pointsThe Former PFR is not afraid of bears with 28322 pointsThe Former PFR is not afraid of bears with 28322 pointsThe Former PFR is not afraid of bears with 28322 pointsThe Former PFR is not afraid of bears with 28322 pointsThe Former PFR is not afraid of bears with 28322 pointsThe Former PFR is not afraid of bears with 28322 pointsThe Former PFR is not afraid of bears with 28322 points
Rep Power: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper Explorer View Post
I don't think we'll ever see a legit street Viper (and not something like Sals) that can still be daily driven, road course, whatever (not one strictly for straight line).... take on the G's. G's have weight advantage, awd, high rpms, trans, etc... just too hard to overcome on the street. Maybe some will get close, but actually take down a G in the way the Gs do to everyone else, kinda doubt it... sadly. We all know Sals could decimate on the street if he ran, but that power on the street in rwd would be way to risky/sketchy on slicks, has he ever ran dr's?
What weight advantage?
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old August 9th, 2013, 12:04 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Viper Explorer is offline
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: South FL, FL
Posts: 10,776
Viper Explorer is not afraid of bears with 39955 pointsViper Explorer is not afraid of bears with 39955 pointsViper Explorer is not afraid of bears with 39955 pointsViper Explorer is not afraid of bears with 39955 pointsViper Explorer is not afraid of bears with 39955 pointsViper Explorer is not afraid of bears with 39955 pointsViper Explorer is not afraid of bears with 39955 pointsViper Explorer is not afraid of bears with 39955 pointsViper Explorer is not afraid of bears with 39955 pointsViper Explorer is not afraid of bears with 39955 pointsViper Explorer is not afraid of bears with 39955 points
Rep Power: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Former PFR View Post
What weight advantage?
Uhhh there are a lot of SL builds and from the weights I've seen, weigh quite a bit less then TT Viper builds, even a G spyder stock weighs about what a stock Viper does, the SLs are like a tad over 3100 I believe stock. Most of the TT Vipers seem to come in around 3600-3800lbs granted the heavier ones also have custom stereos and what not peeps added.

but let's just say even if the weights were the same, other advantages are just too much for the street.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old August 9th, 2013, 12:25 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
The Former PFR's Avatar
 
The Former PFR is offline
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,146
The Former PFR is not afraid of bears with 28322 pointsThe Former PFR is not afraid of bears with 28322 pointsThe Former PFR is not afraid of bears with 28322 pointsThe Former PFR is not afraid of bears with 28322 pointsThe Former PFR is not afraid of bears with 28322 pointsThe Former PFR is not afraid of bears with 28322 pointsThe Former PFR is not afraid of bears with 28322 pointsThe Former PFR is not afraid of bears with 28322 pointsThe Former PFR is not afraid of bears with 28322 pointsThe Former PFR is not afraid of bears with 28322 pointsThe Former PFR is not afraid of bears with 28322 points
Rep Power: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper Explorer View Post
Uhhh there are a lot of SL builds and from the weights I've seen, weigh quite a bit less then TT Viper builds, even a G spyder stock weighs about what a stock Viper does, the SLs are like a tad over 3100 I believe stock. Most of the TT Vipers seem to come in around 3600-3800lbs granted the heavier ones also have custom stereos and what not peeps added.

but let's just say even if the weights were the same, other advantages are just too much for the street.
I agree about some of the other advantages, but I'd say weight is pretty much equal. The only Gallardos which are lighter than the Viper are the 2wd models and they have no advantage over a Viper. I think some of the Vipers being built right now should give the Gallardos a helluva hard time, as they finally are putting real transmissions in them. That's always been the thing that hurt the Viper against the Gallardos/GTRs.

To me, the greatest advantage has always been the money people are willing to spend. The Gallardo engine will never make Viper power when going all out. With enough work, I am sure the Viper can be made to hook up very well, but few have tried all that hard since the drag wars of the later 2000s.
__________________
1987 Mazda Rx7 w/ LT1. ~300 RWHP 2900 pounds
1984 BMW 745 Turbo. Precision turbo ~400 RWHP
2006 Volvo S60R
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old August 9th, 2013, 12:45 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Viper Explorer is offline
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: South FL, FL
Posts: 10,776
Viper Explorer is not afraid of bears with 39955 pointsViper Explorer is not afraid of bears with 39955 pointsViper Explorer is not afraid of bears with 39955 pointsViper Explorer is not afraid of bears with 39955 pointsViper Explorer is not afraid of bears with 39955 pointsViper Explorer is not afraid of bears with 39955 pointsViper Explorer is not afraid of bears with 39955 pointsViper Explorer is not afraid of bears with 39955 pointsViper Explorer is not afraid of bears with 39955 pointsViper Explorer is not afraid of bears with 39955 pointsViper Explorer is not afraid of bears with 39955 points
Rep Power: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Former PFR View Post
I agree about some of the other advantages, but I'd say weight is pretty much equal. The only Gallardos which are lighter than the Viper are the 2wd models and they have no advantage over a Viper. I think some of the Vipers being built right now should give the Gallardos a helluva hard time, as they finally are putting real transmissions in them. That's always been the thing that hurt the Viper against the Gallardos/GTRs.

To me, the greatest advantage has always been the money people are willing to spend. The Gallardo engine will never make Viper power when going all out. With enough work, I am sure the Viper can be made to hook up very well, but few have tried all that hard since the drag wars of the later 2000s.
I think their still lighter by a good bit but depends on the model, the awd SLs still tip the scales just over 3100 which is quite less then a Viper. Surprisingly the awd isn't heavy, I think people when they converted to rwd like some have only saved like 50 or 60lbs something like that?

We could start seeing some nice runs from the Vipers finally, I agree, especially with the advancements in tc/boost ramp programming which helps a ton with rwd high power. But still think it's going to be hard to really take the Gs down, their still even improving those, some of these cars are putting out ridiculous whp #s. Viper can make insane power too, but full kill mode, something like Sals car, I think that would be just too much for the street or dangerous.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old August 9th, 2013, 12:58 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
sonofadragracer's Avatar
 
sonofadragracer is offline
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Boca Raton, FL.
Posts: 9,437
sonofadragracer is not afraid of bears with 69048 pointssonofadragracer is not afraid of bears with 69048 pointssonofadragracer is not afraid of bears with 69048 pointssonofadragracer is not afraid of bears with 69048 pointssonofadragracer is not afraid of bears with 69048 pointssonofadragracer is not afraid of bears with 69048 pointssonofadragracer is not afraid of bears with 69048 pointssonofadragracer is not afraid of bears with 69048 pointssonofadragracer is not afraid of bears with 69048 pointssonofadragracer is not afraid of bears with 69048 pointssonofadragracer is not afraid of bears with 69048 points
Rep Power: 476
It's the type of Racing that they're doing that gives advantage to the Lambo's IMO. The damn things are geared properly and can twist to the MOON!!!

They don't have the advantage on TQ and Cubes...which would adhere to a DRAG RACE from a standing start...Advantage Viper IMO.

Just my .02



But then look at the FGT, not a lot of Cubes but it's a RUNNER!!!

  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old August 9th, 2013, 01:13 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
The Former PFR's Avatar
 
The Former PFR is offline
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,146
The Former PFR is not afraid of bears with 28322 pointsThe Former PFR is not afraid of bears with 28322 pointsThe Former PFR is not afraid of bears with 28322 pointsThe Former PFR is not afraid of bears with 28322 pointsThe Former PFR is not afraid of bears with 28322 pointsThe Former PFR is not afraid of bears with 28322 pointsThe Former PFR is not afraid of bears with 28322 pointsThe Former PFR is not afraid of bears with 28322 pointsThe Former PFR is not afraid of bears with 28322 pointsThe Former PFR is not afraid of bears with 28322 pointsThe Former PFR is not afraid of bears with 28322 points
Rep Power: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper Explorer View Post
I think their still lighter by a good bit but depends on the model, the awd SLs still tip the scales just over 3100 which is quite less then a Viper.
Hard to find real curb weights for any of them. It seems that the Italians always claim something about 200 less than reality (and I'm not talking about dry vs. wet weight either). Claimed curb weight for the LP570 is 3150ish, but I'm skeptical. Has anyone put one on a scale yet? All of the rest of them are 3300-3500.

That said, if we're talking about modifying them (which we are), there is a lot more weight which can be removed from a Viper than a Lambo. Final, race weights, shouldn't be any different.

I think a Viper with proper tires, chassis setup, sequential box, and good tuning will run very well with anything. I think Aaron is trying to show us that now.

Last edited by The Former PFR; August 9th, 2013 at 01:34 PM.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old August 9th, 2013, 01:32 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Viper Explorer is offline
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: South FL, FL
Posts: 10,776
Viper Explorer is not afraid of bears with 39955 pointsViper Explorer is not afraid of bears with 39955 pointsViper Explorer is not afraid of bears with 39955 pointsViper Explorer is not afraid of bears with 39955 pointsViper Explorer is not afraid of bears with 39955 pointsViper Explorer is not afraid of bears with 39955 pointsViper Explorer is not afraid of bears with 39955 pointsViper Explorer is not afraid of bears with 39955 pointsViper Explorer is not afraid of bears with 39955 pointsViper Explorer is not afraid of bears with 39955 pointsViper Explorer is not afraid of bears with 39955 points
Rep Power: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Former PFR View Post
Hard to find real curb weights for any of them. It seems that the Italians always claim something about 200 less than reality (and I'm not talking about dry vs. wet weight either). Claimed curb weight for the LP570 is 3150ish, but I'm skeptical. Has anyone put one on a scale yet? All of the rest of them are 3300-3500.

That said, if we're talking about modifying them (which we are), there is a lot more weight which can be removed from a Viper than a Lambo. Final, race weights, shouldn't be any different.

I think a Viper with proper tires, chassis setup, sequential box, and good tuning will run very well with anything. I think Seb is trying to show us that now.
I've seen a few get weighed down here and seem around what their rated at, think some guys haveput their weights up on LP before too. Ferrari though def over rates the weights, some of these cars came in 150-200lbs over ratings lol, rumors their weights are with no fluids or anything...not sure.

Can't wait to see Sebs car make runs
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old August 9th, 2013, 02:06 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
kvip is offline
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 960
kvip is not afraid of bears with 2684 pointskvip is not afraid of bears with 2684 pointskvip is not afraid of bears with 2684 pointskvip is not afraid of bears with 2684 pointskvip is not afraid of bears with 2684 pointskvip is not afraid of bears with 2684 pointskvip is not afraid of bears with 2684 pointskvip is not afraid of bears with 2684 pointskvip is not afraid of bears with 2684 pointskvip is not afraid of bears with 2684 pointskvip is not afraid of bears with 2684 points
Rep Power: 28
It's gonna be tough to take down an E-gear race version Gallardo. The problem is the dual clutch, high rpm and awd = one hell of a roll racing set up. Seems like the big problem with the viper set up is they don't build the boost until +4,000 rpm with the big turbo and only have maybe 2,000 rpm to make full boost vs the lambos 3-4,000 rpm of full boost. When the viper goes to shift with a 6spd it looses most of the boost during the shift. A sequential would take care of boost drop and shift speed would be close to a dual clutch (most important part). If you could get a big turbo'd Viper to make full boost around 3,000 rpm then the car could actually rev for a bit before the next shift is needed. Could you run a 100shot at 3,000 rpm to get the turbo spooling? Then you would have instant boost at a low rpm and allow the torque to pull to 6,000 rpms.

I have heard that the Euro's are optimistic about the weight of they're cars. I think GM/Dodge/Ford are all pesimistic about they're cars weights. I had a 99 z/28 and a 99 C5 and they both weighed less than GM claimed. For the hell of it, one day I stuck the Camaro on our Intercomp scales and it weighed right around 3,293 with a 1/4 tank of fuel. Just for reference, my road race GTS with fiberglass doors, hood, lexan windows, and cage weighed in at 3,143lbs with some fuel in it.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old August 9th, 2013, 02:48 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
The Former PFR's Avatar
 
The Former PFR is offline
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,146
The Former PFR is not afraid of bears with 28322 pointsThe Former PFR is not afraid of bears with 28322 pointsThe Former PFR is not afraid of bears with 28322 pointsThe Former PFR is not afraid of bears with 28322 pointsThe Former PFR is not afraid of bears with 28322 pointsThe Former PFR is not afraid of bears with 28322 pointsThe Former PFR is not afraid of bears with 28322 pointsThe Former PFR is not afraid of bears with 28322 pointsThe Former PFR is not afraid of bears with 28322 pointsThe Former PFR is not afraid of bears with 28322 pointsThe Former PFR is not afraid of bears with 28322 points
Rep Power: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvip View Post
It's gonna be tough to take down an E-gear race version Gallardo. The problem is the dual clutch, high rpm and awd = one hell of a roll racing set up. Seems like the big problem with the viper set up is they don't build the boost until +4,000 rpm with the big turbo and only have maybe 2,000 rpm to make full boost vs the lambos 3-4,000 rpm of full boost. When the viper goes to shift with a 6spd it looses most of the boost during the shift. A sequential would take care of boost drop and shift speed would be close to a dual clutch (most important part). If you could get a big turbo'd Viper to make full boost around 3,000 rpm then the car could actually rev for a bit before the next shift is needed. Could you run a 100shot at 3,000 rpm to get the turbo spooling? Then you would have instant boost at a low rpm and allow the torque to pull to 6,000 rpms.

I have heard that the Euro's are optimistic about the weight of they're cars. I think GM/Dodge/Ford are all pesimistic about they're cars weights. I had a 99 z/28 and a 99 C5 and they both weighed less than GM claimed. For the hell of it, one day I stuck the Camaro on our Intercomp scales and it weighed right around 3,293 with a 1/4 tank of fuel. Just for reference, my road race GTS with fiberglass doors, hood, lexan windows, and cage weighed in at 3,143lbs with some fuel in it.
I thought the egear was single clutch? In the real world, we've never had a problem with our big turbo cars making full boost below the shift point. We hope our new quick spool setup makes that true even moreso. That said, a .96 hotside 76mm can make well over 1600 RWHP and will spool by low 3000s on the street all day long.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old August 9th, 2013, 02:58 PM   #15
IRS > YOU
 
Mr. Hollywood's Avatar
 
Mr. Hollywood is offline
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 6,936
Mr. Hollywood is not afraid of bears with 25952 pointsMr. Hollywood is not afraid of bears with 25952 pointsMr. Hollywood is not afraid of bears with 25952 pointsMr. Hollywood is not afraid of bears with 25952 pointsMr. Hollywood is not afraid of bears with 25952 pointsMr. Hollywood is not afraid of bears with 25952 pointsMr. Hollywood is not afraid of bears with 25952 pointsMr. Hollywood is not afraid of bears with 25952 pointsMr. Hollywood is not afraid of bears with 25952 pointsMr. Hollywood is not afraid of bears with 25952 pointsMr. Hollywood is not afraid of bears with 25952 points
Rep Power: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvip View Post
It's gonna be tough to take down an E-gear race version...
Been there done that...
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old August 9th, 2013, 03:46 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
kvip is offline
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 960
kvip is not afraid of bears with 2684 pointskvip is not afraid of bears with 2684 pointskvip is not afraid of bears with 2684 pointskvip is not afraid of bears with 2684 pointskvip is not afraid of bears with 2684 pointskvip is not afraid of bears with 2684 pointskvip is not afraid of bears with 2684 pointskvip is not afraid of bears with 2684 pointskvip is not afraid of bears with 2684 pointskvip is not afraid of bears with 2684 pointskvip is not afraid of bears with 2684 points
Rep Power: 28
Former PFR - Your right, Gallardo's are single clutch's. I was thinking of GTR's. I still think a sequential is one of the bigger pieces to the puzzle.

Hollywood, that was Very impressive. If you could beat Kevin from Underground in one of their Gallardo's that would answer a lot of questions.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old August 9th, 2013, 04:09 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
The Former PFR's Avatar
 
The Former PFR is offline
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,146
The Former PFR is not afraid of bears with 28322 pointsThe Former PFR is not afraid of bears with 28322 pointsThe Former PFR is not afraid of bears with 28322 pointsThe Former PFR is not afraid of bears with 28322 pointsThe Former PFR is not afraid of bears with 28322 pointsThe Former PFR is not afraid of bears with 28322 pointsThe Former PFR is not afraid of bears with 28322 pointsThe Former PFR is not afraid of bears with 28322 pointsThe Former PFR is not afraid of bears with 28322 pointsThe Former PFR is not afraid of bears with 28322 pointsThe Former PFR is not afraid of bears with 28322 points
Rep Power: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvip View Post
Former PFR - Your right, Gallardo's are single clutch's. I was thinking of GTR's. I still think a sequential is one of the bigger pieces to the puzzle.

Hollywood, that was Very impressive. If you could beat Kevin from Underground in one of their Gallardo's that would answer a lot of questions.
No doubt the transmission is huge. Remember how good the blue car with the auto (not optimized at all for high speeds) did? Imagine a built ZF 8 speed coupled to a 2300 RWHP Viper with progressive boost control and good traction control.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old August 9th, 2013, 06:13 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
sagev viper is offline
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 887
sagev viper made Varsity with 1376 pointssagev viper made Varsity with 1376 pointssagev viper made Varsity with 1376 pointssagev viper made Varsity with 1376 pointssagev viper made Varsity with 1376 pointssagev viper made Varsity with 1376 pointssagev viper made Varsity with 1376 pointssagev viper made Varsity with 1376 pointssagev viper made Varsity with 1376 pointssagev viper made Varsity with 1376 points
Rep Power: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvip View Post
It's gonna be tough to take down an E-gear race version Gallardo. The problem is the dual clutch, high rpm and awd = one hell of a roll racing set up. Seems like the big problem with the viper set up is they don't build the boost until +4,000 rpm with the big turbo and only have maybe 2,000 rpm to make full boost vs the lambos 3-4,000 rpm of full boost. When the viper goes to shift with a 6spd it looses most of the boost during the shift. A sequential would take care of boost drop and shift speed would be close to a dual clutch (most important part). If you could get a big turbo'd Viper to make full boost around 3,000 rpm then the car could actually rev for a bit before the next shift is needed. Could you run a 100shot at 3,000 rpm to get the turbo spooling? Then you would have instant boost at a low rpm and allow the torque to pull to 6,000 rpms.

I have heard that the Euro's are optimistic about the weight of they're cars. I think GM/Dodge/Ford are all pesimistic about they're cars weights. I had a 99 z/28 and a 99 C5 and they both weighed less than GM claimed. For the hell of it, one day I stuck the Camaro on our Intercomp scales and it weighed right around 3,293 with a 1/4 tank of fuel. Just for reference, my road race GTS with fiberglass doors, hood, lexan windows, and cage weighed in at 3,143lbs with some fuel in it.
That ttg that won KOTS isn't egear, it's 6speed. Same car lost to Eddie bello in the 6speed challenge at the end of the day. Eddies car broke a run or two before the KOTS final, he fixed it for the 6 speed challenge.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old August 9th, 2013, 06:21 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
Viper Explorer is offline
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: South FL, FL
Posts: 10,776
Viper Explorer is not afraid of bears with 39955 pointsViper Explorer is not afraid of bears with 39955 pointsViper Explorer is not afraid of bears with 39955 pointsViper Explorer is not afraid of bears with 39955 pointsViper Explorer is not afraid of bears with 39955 pointsViper Explorer is not afraid of bears with 39955 pointsViper Explorer is not afraid of bears with 39955 pointsViper Explorer is not afraid of bears with 39955 pointsViper Explorer is not afraid of bears with 39955 pointsViper Explorer is not afraid of bears with 39955 pointsViper Explorer is not afraid of bears with 39955 points
Rep Power: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagev viper View Post
That ttg that won KOTS isn't egear, it's 6speed. Same car lost to Eddie bello in the 6speed challenge at the end of the day. Eddies car broke a run or two before the KOTS final, he fixed it for the 6 speed challenge.
I don't think there's anymore more hardcore than Bello lol. Running that same car all these years and still tweaking and pushing it to the limit. Remember back in the day, everyone trailering their garage queens and weekend racers, Bello would drive his cross country and states to race even if it wasn't an event, you call him out, prepare to lose ha. Or when the panels came off his car couple years ago at the Mile and he duck taped it back together and continued running lol
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old August 9th, 2013, 06:24 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
sagev viper is offline
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 887
sagev viper made Varsity with 1376 pointssagev viper made Varsity with 1376 pointssagev viper made Varsity with 1376 pointssagev viper made Varsity with 1376 pointssagev viper made Varsity with 1376 pointssagev viper made Varsity with 1376 pointssagev viper made Varsity with 1376 pointssagev viper made Varsity with 1376 pointssagev viper made Varsity with 1376 pointssagev viper made Varsity with 1376 points
Rep Power: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper Explorer View Post
I don't think there's anymore more hardcore than Bello lol. Running that same car all these years and still tweaking and pushing it to the limit. Remember back in the day, everyone trailering their garage queens and weekend racers, Bello would drive his cross country and states to race even if it wasn't an event, you call him out, prepare to lose ha. Or when the panels came off his car couple years ago at the Mile and he duck taped it back together and continued running lol
I believe this, at TI he busted a rocker arm during KOTS, repaired the car in the trailer and then won the 6 speed challenge!!
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » The Track

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes
Postbit Selector
Switch to Left (legacy) postbit Use Vertical (Legacy) Postbit

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:36 PM.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
ViperAlley.com is in no way affiliated with Daimler Chrysler. Dodge, Viper, RT/10, the Viper logo and likeness are registered trademarks of Daimler Chrysler.
The contents of this site are owned by ViperAlley.Com and may not be used or reproduced without the express written permission of the Administrator.