Advice launching TT's on a stick car - Page 2 - Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper

Go Back   Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » The Track
» Live Feed « · War Room · Graffiti Wall · Arcade · Viper Blogs ·  

The Track Talk Tech with Performance Junkies or talk about taking it to the track. "Kill Stories" posted here.

Advice launching TT's on a stick car

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old February 28th, 2013, 12:51 PM   #21
Enthusiast

HemiSam is a B-Teamer with 70 points
Thanks a bunch, Gents.

It's got a bit of cam...LOL. The tuner got a bit frisky that day too so it sounded more nasty than usual...crazy actually. Great day, even though I folded the trans the run right after that one. Upped the boost a bit going for 210mph and didn't make it into 3rd gear granny shifting. The input cluster and gear teeth were sheared. Whoops....

HS
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 28th, 2013, 01:23 PM   #22
Enthusiast

red50trimsrt is a B-Teamer with 79 points
You should be able to build some boost with the 2step if the turbo's are reasonably sized. Iirc, antilag pulls alot of timing allowing the unburnt mixture to spool the turbo but puts alot of stress on the turbo itself.

Old March 1st, 2013, 08:33 AM   #23
Enthusiast

I'm hoping to build a few lbs of boost in that manner, red. I'm thinking I'll use the two-step to bring the rev's to say 3500 and see how that works out. A lot is in how I bring in the clutch and roll the throttle and whether I'm running with a prepped track. Most the times I'm at Royal Purple Raceway or Sealy on T&T and track prep is non-existent short of mopping up water. I do have some hope for the new M/T 15's slicks. It'll be entertaining I'm sure...

HS

Old March 1st, 2013, 08:46 AM   #24

dirtbag is not afraid of bears with 11387 pointsdirtbag is not afraid of bears with 11387 pointsdirtbag is not afraid of bears with 11387 pointsdirtbag is not afraid of bears with 11387 pointsdirtbag is not afraid of bears with 11387 pointsdirtbag is not afraid of bears with 11387 pointsdirtbag is not afraid of bears with 11387 pointsdirtbag is not afraid of bears with 11387 pointsdirtbag is not afraid of bears with 11387 pointsdirtbag is not afraid of bears with 11387 pointsdirtbag is not afraid of bears with 11387 points
A blindfold and lots of luck.

Old March 1st, 2013, 09:39 PM   #25

Seb@NLR is kissing alot of ass around here with 453 pointsSeb@NLR is kissing alot of ass around here with 453 pointsSeb@NLR is kissing alot of ass around here with 453 pointsSeb@NLR is kissing alot of ass around here with 453 pointsSeb@NLR is kissing alot of ass around here with 453 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiSam View Post
Thank you, Sebastian. A big shout out for the instructional vid on youtube. I found it helpful and easy to follow.

Question: as you noted, I've got the AMS triggering off of WOT. Is there any way to program the device such that it does not start the ramp over again after the initial WOT indication if it loses that signal (i.e. I pull up momentarily)? I'm assuming not, but where I'm going is if I have to back out due to say wheel hop or I break the tires, wondering if I can avoid losing all the pressure to the wastegates or mitigate that loss.

What I have yet to play with is the scramble toggle. Would be good to give it a bit more mojo once I'm in 4th if the run is going well. My transmission (Tremec TR6060) has proven the weak link. I should have my car back together next month and look forward to testing. Only one event with the TT's and I folded the trans there. Not many options for Challengers.

Cheers.

Sam
program the activation hold timer and set it for HOLD AND WAIT with a time of lets say 5 seconds or so. If you come off the inpu the controller will HOLD AND WAIT exactly where it is for the amount of time you have programmed before resetting. If the input is resumed within the amount of time you have programmed it will continue from where it is. I use scramble on everything. Awesome set up

Old March 1st, 2013, 09:57 PM   #26
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
program the activation hold timer and set it for HOLD AND WAIT with a time of lets say 5 seconds or so. If you come off the inpu the controller will HOLD AND WAIT exactly where it is for the amount of time you have programmed before resetting. If the input is resumed within the amount of time you have programmed it will continue from where it is. I use scramble on everything. Awesome set up

^^^WINNING!!!

If you find yourself in Houston, Sebastian, the drinks are on me.

I'll have my big hipped girl at ChallengerFest 4 in Bowling Green in April. Off the hook event with all kinds of goodness and sponsors. If you happen to be near by I'll introduce you to the rest of the sinners that love big gals and still want to go fast.

Sam

Old March 2nd, 2013, 06:47 AM   #27

Seb@NLR is kissing alot of ass around here with 453 pointsSeb@NLR is kissing alot of ass around here with 453 pointsSeb@NLR is kissing alot of ass around here with 453 pointsSeb@NLR is kissing alot of ass around here with 453 pointsSeb@NLR is kissing alot of ass around here with 453 points
thanks for using our controls. Glad I can be of assistance.

Old March 2nd, 2013, 08:18 AM   #28

plumcrazy is not afraid of bears with 164634 pointsplumcrazy is not afraid of bears with 164634 pointsplumcrazy is not afraid of bears with 164634 pointsplumcrazy is not afraid of bears with 164634 pointsplumcrazy is not afraid of bears with 164634 pointsplumcrazy is not afraid of bears with 164634 pointsplumcrazy is not afraid of bears with 164634 pointsplumcrazy is not afraid of bears with 164634 pointsplumcrazy is not afraid of bears with 164634 pointsplumcrazy is not afraid of bears with 164634 pointsplumcrazy is not afraid of bears with 164634 points
that sounds seriously pissed off. great car !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » The Track

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in