NARRA...Road Atlanta...April 12-14, 2013 - Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper

Go Back   Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » The Track
» Live Feed « · War Room · Graffiti Wall · Arcade · Viper Blogs ·  

The Track Talk Tech with Performance Junkies or talk about taking it to the track. "Kill Stories" posted here.

NARRA...Road Atlanta...April 12-14, 2013

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old January 24th, 2013, 08:02 PM   #1

TowDawg is not afraid of bears with 5051 pointsTowDawg is not afraid of bears with 5051 pointsTowDawg is not afraid of bears with 5051 pointsTowDawg is not afraid of bears with 5051 pointsTowDawg is not afraid of bears with 5051 pointsTowDawg is not afraid of bears with 5051 pointsTowDawg is not afraid of bears with 5051 pointsTowDawg is not afraid of bears with 5051 pointsTowDawg is not afraid of bears with 5051 pointsTowDawg is not afraid of bears with 5051 pointsTowDawg is not afraid of bears with 5051 points

Just putting reminder out there to "save the date" for this event.
We had a decent turn out last year with Vipers from GA and many other states as well, but not a lot of actual participants. If we can get some more people to register and drive this year, we should be able to get some pretty good discounts on our registration fees.
The NARRA website is VERY lacking in useful information, but I am working with Kim (LisaKay is no longer there) to get relavent information on run groups, fees, discounts, rules, etc. I'm also asking whether we will need to have a "group" sign-up for the discounts, or if we can just reference something when we sign up. I'm asking for additional discounts as the number of entries get higher, so we might need to have a "pre-group" done first and then we can all sign up once we know our total number of people. I will give updates as soon as I get them.
I know they did 4 sessions of 30 mins each last year, and everyone who participated had a great time, so put these dates on your calendar now and plan to come join us. If you haven't been on the track with your snake yet, you owe it to yourself to get out there. The beginner group with instructors has plenty of first timer's out there, so don't worry about being new to the track.
Advertisement

Old February 6th, 2013, 08:24 PM   #2

TowDawg is not afraid of bears with 5051 pointsTowDawg is not afraid of bears with 5051 pointsTowDawg is not afraid of bears with 5051 pointsTowDawg is not afraid of bears with 5051 pointsTowDawg is not afraid of bears with 5051 pointsTowDawg is not afraid of bears with 5051 pointsTowDawg is not afraid of bears with 5051 pointsTowDawg is not afraid of bears with 5051 pointsTowDawg is not afraid of bears with 5051 pointsTowDawg is not afraid of bears with 5051 pointsTowDawg is not afraid of bears with 5051 points
OK. I got some of my additional questions answered from Kim this evening.

You do NOT need an aftermarket roll bar to run verts in the HPDE groups. They don't like to advertise this because it's obviously safer to have one, but you do not have to.
You DO have to run with the top up. No big deal, as I always do anyway.
For driver attire, you DO have to have the following:
SA 2005 or newer helmet.
Long pants.
Long sleeve shirt. (They were pretty lax on this last year, but bring one just in case)
If you have harnesses in your car and will have an instructor or passenger, the passenger seat must be equipped with equal restraints as the driver seat.
There will be 3 (really 2 HPDE groups).
Beginner (with instructors). Passing only on the 3 straights with point-by.
Solo. Passing anywhere with point-by.
TT. Passing anywhere with point-by. (Not HPDE, but she mentioned specifically that HPDE solo and TT will not run together because I questioned this due to info on their site.)
There will be 4 sessions per day.
She said 20-30 minutes each. They were 30 minutes last year, so I assume they will be this year as well.
All SOLO qualified drivers can have passengers. The passengers just need to get a passenger wrist band.

I am still getting the details of discounts per entries. As of now, she said they are looking at handling it as a rebate to the local club. The club can do with it what they please.
The way I see it, is either the GA or AL/TN club can collect the "rebate" and then spread it among all entries divided equally. The way she presented it was a little confusing in terms of the amount, but the way I read it was that if we get 10 entries, there would be a $100 per entry rebate. Assuming the rebate is given back to the people who enter, then basically take $100 off the entry fee to get your real cost. I will confirm this once I hear back.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » The Track

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in