Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

Any Challenger owners on here?

18K views 60 replies 27 participants last post by  Karsdorp 
#1 ·
I joined this place a few years ago when I was considering a Viper, with 3 young kids, decided to get the most out of my car and pin the kids in the back seat, got an 09 SRT Challenger. Love this forum so I hang out once in a while for the fun.

Had that for a couple years and then pulled the trigger on a 2011 392. This started out as an Inaugural Edition with blue stripes bumper to bumper, white seats and door panels. Dodge would not let you delete the stripes.

It was too many colors for me so I took off the stripes, changed the seats and door panels so it is now only white with original SRT black stripes.

Car now has a Procharger, SHR Viking NAG1, Arrington duel fuel hat and upgraded injectors. Best so far at 7 psi is 11.34@121.

Any other new Challenger owners on here?

Attachments

See less See more
#11 · (Edited)
Would be a cool car to have today. I'm pretty sure Chrysler actually referred to that color as Hideous Blue in brochures back then....?? lol

actually, if yours was the blue I think it was, it was commonly referred to as a B5 interior, because it matched the B5 blue paint also offered. A B5 car with B5 interior actually looks pretty cool...with any other exterior color, the combo is more of an eyesore. I knew a guy with a 70 blue/blue R/T and it was very dramatic looking. sharp car.

I was looking at getting a Pink on white Chally...but the green was more of a safe choice. Not that I'm a fan of pink, or even bright Popsicle green for that matter, but in a sea of cars, I can spot mine a mile away. If you're gonna stand out, then stand out, right?!!

#25 ·
08 First Edition:

Vortech supercharger @ 9 PSI. 566 at the wheels on a Dynojet. 535 at the wheels on a Dyno Dynamics. Does 11.3x at shitty drag strips on street legal drag radials.

Does OK for what I ask of it. Wish it would sell. Been trying to get rid of it for over two years.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDzF9vqL0SY]Matt Snoddy 2008 SRT8 Dodge Challenger DCX Depot Tuned - YouTube[/ame]

#29 ·
Wanted to bump this for those with the 392 that are running boost.

I busted 6 out of 8 ring lands on my pistons. Turns out, there are quite a few 392's that are busting ring lands. Different tuners, different superchargers, seems the 11:1 compression and the thin ring lands are a recipe for disaster.

Car is currently getting Mahle drop in pistons and upgrade to D1, getting it back in a couple weeks looking for 650 rwhp.

#32 ·
I'd have an R/T version in my stable if the interior, dash, and steering wheel didn't look like some thing out of a mid-80's Chrysler K-car.

#36 ·
Yea, my car was done last Saturday, picked it up in Ft. Lauderdale and went to Palm Beach raceway on Sunday for a Mopar event. DA was high compared to the last time I ran, so no new PB. Dyno was 615/620 I believe.

Here is a video someone got for me, I am left lane.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rg67PXs5cho]Great White Hype 392 Procharged Challenger - YouTube[/ame]

#42 ·
Very nice numbers! 10s in a Challenger are expensive, but you got there and backed it up. What's the full slip numbers?

I never got mine past 11.3x @ 118. Ran out of money and desire to go faster once the Camaros started getting there way cheaper.

#44 ·
Let me know if any of you charger guys need new brake pads.

I have a couple sets of Hawk HPS pads for challenger/charger SRT8 and regular.

#45 ·
Been a while since I have been to this thread.

I melted one drop in piston on the 392, so I upgraded to a PWR 426.

Took it to Challengerfest in Bowling Green this weekend and hit a best of 10.537@131, she is making some steam. Drove 1550 miles round trip, took 3rd in index and had a blast.

#46 ·
Those are solid numbers for challenger. Pretty interesting thread I just traded my 09 srt8 challenger. Vortech supercharger with conservative tune putting down 500rwhp. Car was a blast but have always wanted to get a Viper so made the decision to make the switch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.