New RAM SRT-10 QC Owner - Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper

Go Back   Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Garage » Ram SRT-10 Discussions
» Live Feed « · War Room · Graffiti Wall · Arcade · Viper Blogs ·  

Ram SRT-10 Discussions Discussion forums about the Dodge Ram SRT-10. Magnum, Charger, Jeep, 300C.

New RAM SRT-10 QC Owner

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

New RAM SRT-10 QC Owner
Old May 10th, 2005, 08:48 AM   #1

BigDaddy is unremarkable with 10 points
New RAM SRT-10 QC Owner

Hi folks, just picked up my '05 Flame Red Quad Cab SRT-10 last week. Needless to say I'm am as happy as a pig in [email protected]

Now please no flames, slamming, I bought what I bought because it's what I liked. Maybe after my three kids are through collage I'll drop the extra bucks for the Viper, but until then, I still need to haul lumber, tow my boat and bring the family along. BTW, I spotted my wifes Z28 2 car lengths and still blew her doors off!

Any how... the one thing that is disappointing about it is that it is not nearly LOUD enough. I have seen some post about Magna Flow, are they the only game in town? Does their system make it real LOUD, cus that's what I'm looking for (i.e. my old '70 Charger w/440).

Also, I have read about some of the add on's, i.e. intakes, headers, chip, etc... do these void the warranty?

Thanks!
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Re: New RAM SRT-10 QC Owner
Old May 10th, 2005, 11:13 AM   #2

Blakewilder is a B-Teamer with 50 points

Borla on mine....love it.Take the cats off if you want it louder.

Old August 9th, 2005, 11:15 AM   #3

QuickKid is unremarkable with 10 points

We strictly use Magnaflow 3in system. Best performance, and best sound. The sound is mildly louder, but not overwhelming. Good for open road, as well as around town.

Old August 23rd, 2005, 10:43 PM   #4

Brad Bodily is unremarkable with 10 points

We have installed Gibson headers with great results and the price is right. We have done Borla for the pipes. Sounds great and no warranty worries. We also carry the K&N intake systems. As for tuning we install and tune the VEC2. It's good for 20 ponies or so, corrects the air/fuel ratio. Give us a shout if you need more info, you'll like our prices and service. Enjoy the new toy. 972-735-8862

Old February 2nd, 2007, 12:52 PM   #5

I Love Gas is a B-Teamer with 50 points
Hi Guys, I have a 06 quad cab srt 10 also. This thing stock is kinda slow. I mean the tranny has no kickdown effect and upshifts prematurely. I want to ask you guys does the Stage 2 flash really make a difference In this. Also is Tow Haul Like Overdrive in a way. Ok , If I get a ram air Intake from Volant and stage 2 flash do you think this truck will run high 12's, Please guys I need a answer to all the above questions. Thanks Response really appreciated. By the way Dc Peformance is saying 60 hp and 60 ftlb of torque, and Volant is saying 30 hp. Thanks.

Old February 2nd, 2007, 02:00 PM   #6

v10kingsnake is not afraid of bears with 21170 pointsv10kingsnake is not afraid of bears with 21170 pointsv10kingsnake is not afraid of bears with 21170 pointsv10kingsnake is not afraid of bears with 21170 pointsv10kingsnake is not afraid of bears with 21170 pointsv10kingsnake is not afraid of bears with 21170 pointsv10kingsnake is not afraid of bears with 21170 pointsv10kingsnake is not afraid of bears with 21170 pointsv10kingsnake is not afraid of bears with 21170 pointsv10kingsnake is not afraid of bears with 21170 pointsv10kingsnake is not afraid of bears with 21170 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love Gas View Post
Hi Guys, I have a 06 quad cab srt 10 also. This thing stock is kinda slow. I mean the tranny has no kickdown effect and upshifts prematurely. I want to ask you guys does the Stage 2 flash really make a difference In this. Also is Tow Haul Like Overdrive in a way. Ok , If I get a ram air Intake from Volant and stage 2 flash do you think this truck will run high 12's, Please guys I need a answer to all the above questions. Thanks Response really appreciated. By the way Dc Peformance is saying 60 hp and 60 ftlb of torque, and Volant is saying 30 hp. Thanks.
you may wish to go elsewhere for info on these trucks. this site isnt kept very active for the viper trucks as you can see from the post you bumped from 2005.

Old February 2nd, 2007, 02:12 PM   #7
Bitches be crazy!

dblankenbaker hangs with the Hiddens with 570 pointsdblankenbaker hangs with the Hiddens with 570 pointsdblankenbaker hangs with the Hiddens with 570 pointsdblankenbaker hangs with the Hiddens with 570 pointsdblankenbaker hangs with the Hiddens with 570 pointsdblankenbaker hangs with the Hiddens with 570 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love Gas View Post
My truck really woke up when it turned 4,000 miles. It is mentioned on one of the truck boards that the PCM unlocks more power after a certain number of miles.

Tow/Haul turns off overdrive/4th.

Volant is not worth the money... Check the truck boards... srt10forum.com and vtcoa.com.

You need GOOD headers, catless mids, 3" exhaust, and the flash (maybe more) to get into 12's... good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Garage » Ram SRT-10 Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in