Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper - Reply to Topic
 
Go Back   Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen I & II » Supercharged 1999 GTS ACR - I finally got my Viper on the dyno so I could do the fina
» Live Feed « · War Room · Graffiti Wall · Arcade · Viper Blogs ·  

Viper Discussions - Gen I & II Discussions of Viper-related subjects covering Gen-I and Gen-II models.

Thread: Supercharged 1999 GTS ACR - I finally got my Viper on the dyno so I could do the fina Reply to Thread
Title:
  
Message:
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:
 

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Topic Review (Newest First)
June 17th, 2020 11:18 AM
metroacr you can make 1000 plus rwhp with 93 and water/meth..i have done 1031 rwhp & 985 rwtq
June 16th, 2020 06:41 PM
2Fasst
Quote:
Originally Posted by TT_6SPD_95 View Post
This is on E85
Those are some nice e85 numbers. My build is similar to yours with the exception of e85 and I have Striker heads/cam, w/m and 93. I was told that I should see upper 800s to 900rwhp depending on the tune. Can't wait until the build is complete. I may switch to e85 next year for the 1000 feel.
June 16th, 2020 06:18 AM
metroacr sounds very similar to my set-up how much timing do you have up top
June 15th, 2020 10:35 PM
TT_6SPD_95 Stock ECU...I tuned it with SCT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endlessgts View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TT_6SPD_95 View Post
This is on E85
What ECU are you on again?
June 8th, 2020 09:17 PM
Endlessgts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TT_6SPD_95 View Post
This is on E85
What ECU are you on again?
June 8th, 2020 03:08 PM
TT_6SPD_95 This is on E85

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Fasst View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TT_6SPD_95 View Post
I have been chasing belt slip issues for a while now and I just got done installing the new grip pulley, green HD belt and Doug Levins belt tensioner assist piece and all is good now even without touching the belt tensioner assist once after installed. I'm sure I'll need to tighten a little bit soon as the belt should stretch to a point...maybe it will make another pound? Not sure.

The "really rough" pulley's don't do as good btw. If anyone needs help with belt slip on their supercharged Viper I have many pointers now! 🙂

Anyway, I got the car on the dyno and did a pull and the car was actually making a lot better boost now which it has NEVER done yet, so onto the tuning!

Now that boost was consistent I tuned the car the rest of the way and it made 1,007rwhp/1,021rwtq at 14lbs of boost. It actually makes boost now to redline instead of dropping off. Compared to the last time on the dyno the car gained 220rwhp at 5,800rpm and around 100rwhp at around 5,200rpm as boost does much better now at upper rpms's...especially 5,500+rpm!

Now it's ready for the street. 🙂
Are these numbers E85 or 93?
June 8th, 2020 03:08 PM
TT_6SPD_95 Thanks, we fully polish Viper engine bays all the time. They all look really nice if done correctly with the right combination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Fasst View Post
The polished engine bay is off the chain!!!
June 8th, 2020 03:05 PM
TT_6SPD_95 Yes, that's why I'm just going to leave it the way it is even though I could probably get another 1lb out of it... I'm calling it good though. 🙂

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumcrazy View Post
be very careful tightening that belt, those crank snouts break pretty easy. dont ask me how i know.

doug can be reached by phone 954-434-9356
June 8th, 2020 03:04 PM
TT_6SPD_95 Sorry, I have been away as I have been very busy with everything. It is a supercharger cam by JMB Performance. You'll have to ask them about the cam specs as I am not 100% on the particulars on their cam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metroacr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TT_6SPD_95 View Post
Thanks! I just did the adjustable suspension on it a little while back. Here are some photos in light that isn't washing the photo out. Lol The suspension setup works really well and is a solid upgrade...kept the original Koni adjustables in the box though. 🙂

And ya, I was going to keep mine stock too as I had the Supra for power, but that "I'm keeping it stock" didn't last too long. Haha
Can you give us specific details on engine like cam specs head work
June 4th, 2020 08:16 PM
2Fasst
Quote:
Originally Posted by TT_6SPD_95 View Post
I have been chasing belt slip issues for a while now and I just got done installing the new grip pulley, green HD belt and Doug Levins belt tensioner assist piece and all is good now even without touching the belt tensioner assist once after installed. I'm sure I'll need to tighten a little bit soon as the belt should stretch to a point...maybe it will make another pound? Not sure.

The "really rough" pulley's don't do as good btw. If anyone needs help with belt slip on their supercharged Viper I have many pointers now! 🙂

Anyway, I got the car on the dyno and did a pull and the car was actually making a lot better boost now which it has NEVER done yet, so onto the tuning!

Now that boost was consistent I tuned the car the rest of the way and it made 1,007rwhp/1,021rwtq at 14lbs of boost. It actually makes boost now to redline instead of dropping off. Compared to the last time on the dyno the car gained 220rwhp at 5,800rpm and around 100rwhp at around 5,200rpm as boost does much better now at upper rpms's...especially 5,500+rpm!

Now it's ready for the street. 🙂
Are these numbers E85 or 93?
June 3rd, 2020 09:40 PM
2Fasst
June 3rd, 2020 09:37 PM
2Fasst The polished engine bay is off the chain!!!
June 3rd, 2020 05:33 PM
Skidmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endlessgts View Post
What does yours make and what boost level and pulley setup?
I really don't know much about my boost/pulley setup since I don't have a boost gauge and I bought the car with the S/C and tuning already done. The car made 575whp on a dynojet with 91 octane, high flow cats, and a B&B exhaust.
June 2nd, 2020 08:53 PM
WDW MKR
Quote:
Originally Posted by b3rndtt0ast View Post
I put a F1C on mine, was a bit fun then the rings let go hoping for 800whp this year

Very nice! I had a custom F1A setup on my 03 Cobra and miss it. The bypass valve sounded like a street sweeper.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
June 2nd, 2020 07:45 PM
plumcrazy be very careful tightening that belt, those crank snouts break pretty easy. dont ask me how i know.

doug can be reached by phone 954-434-9356
June 2nd, 2020 07:32 PM
b3rndtt0ast
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW MKR View Post
Beautiful car and setup. Makes me want that F1X even more, though I swore Id keep this car naturally aspirated. A black 99 ACR with that kind of power is a holy grail car.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I put a F1C on mine, was a bit fun then the rings let go hoping for 800whp this year
June 2nd, 2020 03:06 PM
Endlessgts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidmark View Post
Very nice! I have a 99 GTS with a Novi 2000 as well on stock internals, only making about 55% of the HP yours is.
What does yours make and what boost level and pulley setup?
June 2nd, 2020 12:59 PM
Skidmark Very nice! I have a 99 GTS with a Novi 2000 as well on stock internals, only making about 55% of the HP yours is.
June 2nd, 2020 05:25 AM
metroacr
Quote:
Originally Posted by TT_6SPD_95 View Post
Thanks! I just did the adjustable suspension on it a little while back. Here are some photos in light that isn't washing the photo out. Lol The suspension setup works really well and is a solid upgrade...kept the original Koni adjustables in the box though. 🙂

And ya, I was going to keep mine stock too as I had the Supra for power, but that "I'm keeping it stock" didn't last too long. Haha
Can you give us specific details on engine like cam specs head work
June 1st, 2020 09:39 PM
TT_6SPD_95 Thanks! I just did the adjustable suspension on it a little while back. Here are some photos in light that isn't washing the photo out. Lol The suspension setup works really well and is a solid upgrade...kept the original Koni adjustables in the box though. 🙂

And ya, I was going to keep mine stock too as I had the Supra for power, but that "I'm keeping it stock" didn't last too long. Haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW MKR View Post
Beautiful car and setup. Makes me want that F1X even more, though I swore I’d keep this car naturally aspirated. A black ‘99 ACR with that kind of power is a holy grail car.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
This thread has more than 20 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:43 AM.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
ViperAlley.com is in no way affiliated with Daimler Chrysler. Dodge, Viper, RT/10, the Viper logo and likeness are registered trademarks of Daimler Chrysler.
The contents of this site are owned by ViperAlley.Com and may not be used or reproduced without the express written permission of the Administrator.