Membership - Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper

Go Back   Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » New Viper Association Info and Ideas
» Live Feed « · War Room · Graffiti Wall · Arcade · Viper Blogs ·  

New Viper Association Info and Ideas New site info and updates.

Membership

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Membership
Old September 21st, 2013, 12:39 PM   #1

daytonprowler is not afraid of bears with 4306 pointsdaytonprowler is not afraid of bears with 4306 pointsdaytonprowler is not afraid of bears with 4306 pointsdaytonprowler is not afraid of bears with 4306 pointsdaytonprowler is not afraid of bears with 4306 pointsdaytonprowler is not afraid of bears with 4306 pointsdaytonprowler is not afraid of bears with 4306 pointsdaytonprowler is not afraid of bears with 4306 pointsdaytonprowler is not afraid of bears with 4306 pointsdaytonprowler is not afraid of bears with 4306 pointsdaytonprowler is not afraid of bears with 4306 points
Membership

I am the regional Secretary/Treasurer of another car club that I belong to. The National Club collects the dues for all 29 regions (this club is larger than the VCA). The National club takes the membership payments online or by mail. Each month National sends me a report of who has joined the club with all their information. Also they direct deposit our region's part of the membership dues in our Ohio region's bank account every month. This is done like clockwork.

I think a monthly membership direct deposit from the new National VOA to the regions is the way to go.

No waiting for months for a region to get their money. It also sets up trust between the regions and national.

Regards,

Randall
  Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 21st, 2013, 12:40 PM   #2
Enthusiast

BlknBlu made Varsity with 866 pointsBlknBlu made Varsity with 866 pointsBlknBlu made Varsity with 866 pointsBlknBlu made Varsity with 866 pointsBlknBlu made Varsity with 866 pointsBlknBlu made Varsity with 866 pointsBlknBlu made Varsity with 866 points
sign me up.

Bruce

Old September 21st, 2013, 01:15 PM   #3

Speed SG is not afraid of bears with 2705 pointsSpeed SG is not afraid of bears with 2705 pointsSpeed SG is not afraid of bears with 2705 pointsSpeed SG is not afraid of bears with 2705 pointsSpeed SG is not afraid of bears with 2705 pointsSpeed SG is not afraid of bears with 2705 pointsSpeed SG is not afraid of bears with 2705 pointsSpeed SG is not afraid of bears with 2705 pointsSpeed SG is not afraid of bears with 2705 pointsSpeed SG is not afraid of bears with 2705 pointsSpeed SG is not afraid of bears with 2705 points
Sounds like a much improved system.

Old September 21st, 2013, 02:18 PM   #4

LifeIsGood is not afraid of bears with 9243 pointsLifeIsGood is not afraid of bears with 9243 pointsLifeIsGood is not afraid of bears with 9243 pointsLifeIsGood is not afraid of bears with 9243 pointsLifeIsGood is not afraid of bears with 9243 pointsLifeIsGood is not afraid of bears with 9243 pointsLifeIsGood is not afraid of bears with 9243 pointsLifeIsGood is not afraid of bears with 9243 pointsLifeIsGood is not afraid of bears with 9243 pointsLifeIsGood is not afraid of bears with 9243 pointsLifeIsGood is not afraid of bears with 9243 points
...sounds like common sense to me...nice and clean...no BS.

Old September 21st, 2013, 03:04 PM   #5

FLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 points
Ever thought of not having any money involved at all? I too ran a state chapter on the Corvette side of things where no fees were collected. The regional clubs handled everything and if an event cost money like say a track or dyno day the member payed when he registered or at the event or he or she didn't participate.

Since its the Viper Owners Association why not just make it vin based? Makes everything 100% volunteer and keeps money out of it all together. I would pay a nominal fee to maintain a web site, but don't need discounts or subsidies for local or regional events.

Just a thought.

-FLATOUT, 2013

Old September 21st, 2013, 03:16 PM   #6

BigBadViper is not afraid of bears with 6488 pointsBigBadViper is not afraid of bears with 6488 pointsBigBadViper is not afraid of bears with 6488 pointsBigBadViper is not afraid of bears with 6488 pointsBigBadViper is not afraid of bears with 6488 pointsBigBadViper is not afraid of bears with 6488 pointsBigBadViper is not afraid of bears with 6488 pointsBigBadViper is not afraid of bears with 6488 pointsBigBadViper is not afraid of bears with 6488 pointsBigBadViper is not afraid of bears with 6488 pointsBigBadViper is not afraid of bears with 6488 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLATOUT View Post
Ever thought of not having any money involved at all? I too ran a state chapter on the Corvette side of things where no fees were collected. The regional clubs handled everything and if an event cost money like say a track or dyno day the member payed when he registered or at the event or he or she didn't participate.

Since its the Viper Owners Association why not just make it vin based? Makes everything 100% volunteer and keeps money out of it all together. I would pay a nominal fee to maintain a web site, but don't need discounts or subsidies for local or regional events.

Just a thought.
This I agree with 100%

Old September 21st, 2013, 06:55 PM   #7
Enthusiast

TTTed made Varsity with 937 pointsTTTed made Varsity with 937 pointsTTTed made Varsity with 937 pointsTTTed made Varsity with 937 pointsTTTed made Varsity with 937 pointsTTTed made Varsity with 937 pointsTTTed made Varsity with 937 pointsTTTed made Varsity with 937 points
Before the Marshalls made up the bylaws disallowing family members of banned members joining the club my wife sent inregistration of our other Viper. Although Mary kept the money my wife's membership was ignored. A couple excuses were made up why my wife never received a membership card, but it did take 3 or 4 months and 3 official requests to get my wife's money back. Monthly? I think your region had it special Randall. Wash VCA is still trying to get their outstanding payments.

Old September 21st, 2013, 07:16 PM   #8

daytonprowler is not afraid of bears with 4306 pointsdaytonprowler is not afraid of bears with 4306 pointsdaytonprowler is not afraid of bears with 4306 pointsdaytonprowler is not afraid of bears with 4306 pointsdaytonprowler is not afraid of bears with 4306 pointsdaytonprowler is not afraid of bears with 4306 pointsdaytonprowler is not afraid of bears with 4306 pointsdaytonprowler is not afraid of bears with 4306 pointsdaytonprowler is not afraid of bears with 4306 pointsdaytonprowler is not afraid of bears with 4306 pointsdaytonprowler is not afraid of bears with 4306 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTTed View Post
Before the Marshalls made up the bylaws disallowing family members of banned members joining the club my wife sent inregistration of our other Viper. Although Mary kept the money my wife's membership was ignored. A couple excuses were made up why my wife never received a membership card, but it did take 3 or 4 months and 3 official requests to get my wife's money back. Monthly? I think your region had it special Randall. Wash VCA is still trying to get their outstanding payments.

I may have not made myself clear..... the club that I was speaking about in my first post is another car club I belong to, not the VCA. In my other car club the regions get paid every month.

The Ohio Region is still waiting for two stipends from the VCA. One for a regional stipend and one for the MW Zone Rendezvous. The Ohio Regional Secretary/Treasurer sent certified letters to Dan and Coast to Coast requesting payment this last week.

I would highly suggest to any VCA Region that they submit their annual regional event stipend of $500 ASAP, if they haven't already.

Old September 22nd, 2013, 12:04 AM   #9

FLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 points
Randal care to answer or discuss my question? Why do you need any money from me a member? I would think that the best thing a new Viper club could do after dealing with this giant VCA mess is get money completely out of it all together. What do we absolutely have to have money from members to fund?

1. Website
2. ???????

Also if its Vin based make it so anyone that has ever owned a Viper has access to the club, this way guys that are in between Vipers can still be a part of the club along with current owners.

Old September 22nd, 2013, 02:22 AM   #10
n00b

72hemi is well liked with 248 points72hemi is well liked with 248 points72hemi is well liked with 248 points
One of the things the dues I see them going towards is a national magazine, but that's me.

Old September 22nd, 2013, 07:05 AM   #11
Deceased Dec 25, 2016 Rest in Peace

Whitebeard is not afraid of bears with 137211 pointsWhitebeard is not afraid of bears with 137211 pointsWhitebeard is not afraid of bears with 137211 pointsWhitebeard is not afraid of bears with 137211 pointsWhitebeard is not afraid of bears with 137211 pointsWhitebeard is not afraid of bears with 137211 pointsWhitebeard is not afraid of bears with 137211 pointsWhitebeard is not afraid of bears with 137211 pointsWhitebeard is not afraid of bears with 137211 pointsWhitebeard is not afraid of bears with 137211 pointsWhitebeard is not afraid of bears with 137211 points
Send a message via Yahoo to Whitebeard
What about us that don't own one, have never owned one previously but plan to in the future. You going to exclude them?

A suggestion would be to have forms that perhaps they can't post. They can PM if they have questions and that way you keep them or included in the group.

If you want to build a brand make it easier for people to associate with it.

Old September 22nd, 2013, 07:13 AM   #12

Quote:
Randal care to answer or discuss my question? Why do you need any money from me a member? I would think that the best thing a new Viper club could do after dealing with this giant VCA mess is get money completely out of it all together. What do we absolutely have to have money from members to fund?

1. Website
2. ???????

Also if its Vin based make it so anyone that has ever owned a Viper has access to the club, this way guys that are in between Vipers can still be a part of the club along with current owners.
1. Website
2. Quarterly Magazine and other mailings
3. Insurance
4. VOI
5. Membership packet

You will get everything you got with the VCA except all the BS. Going forward, looks like the VOA membership dues will be less than what you were paying before. Half of the dues will still go to your VOA region.

Old September 22nd, 2013, 07:17 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitebeard View Post
What about us that don't own one, have never owned one previously but plan to in the future. You going to exclude them?

A suggestion would be to have forms that perhaps they can't post. They can PM if they have questions and that way you keep them or included in the group.

If you want to build a brand make it easier for people to associate with it.
Yes, we are looking into that i.e. "associate members".

Old September 22nd, 2013, 07:25 AM   #14

We sent this out yesterday to all the Presidents to distribute to their members.

Viper Owners Association FAQ’S - Sept 18, 2013
After announcing the intention to start a new Viper owners club, there have been some questions and feedback from region presidents and members. Those leading the effort to start the new club, and those many volunteers supporting the cause, have committed to distinguish themselves by taking the high road and employing a collaborative approach to starting this new venture. While trying to demonstrate transparency during the process, it's been a challenge to reach out to Viper enthusiasts and club members across the world due to extensive censorship activities on the VCA website forums and also a lack of direct email lists that the VCA currently enjoys. This communication is aimed at answering the FAQ’s. Our mission is to create a world class organization that is appropriate for Viper owners. Feel free to share this document with your members.

Q: Why the need for a new Viper owners club?
A:
There are a number of very significant reasons why the decision was made to build a new club. In short:

A disturbing set of activities have taken place which caused an irreparable rift between the VCA and our manufacturer. This has not simply been from any recent (or a single) action, the most recent events have brought this to a head. This goes against the very intent of the Viper club's original purpose and is also specifically what had made it the best car club on earth.

There are a number of significant negative short and long term impacts that revolve around inappropriate management, business practices, and politics within the VCA leadership.

There are serious complications that exist with the current club relative to crushing overhead, concerns over the VPA, timeliness/expense of the magazine, concerns with specific individuals,and a controversial recent raffle which could all create significant ethical and legal liabilities.

There continues to exist a deep rooted distrust of national leadership. Recent punitive and aggressive actions taken by current national leader ship have created an instability and wholesale uncertainty within the VCA. In one day, more member s were suspended than in the history of the club. As you know, these included several VCA board members and half of the national officers. Due to this, more board members immediately resigned. All three founders of the club have also separated themselves and are in support of a new beginning. The club's own legal counsel has also resigned. All of this leaving a giant void in leadership, while the folks battling on for the status quo remain.

Negative publicity has overtaken the internet and press, permanently altering the perception and reputation of the current club. Continued public scrutiny has eroded the confidence of general membership creating an overwhelming outcry for an alternative by regional clubs..

Several regional clubs have now already left the VCA, while the remaining vast MAJORITY of regions are in varying stages of determining their destiny. Other regions will follow as they are waiting to see formal ovement begin. However, in the end there will never be manufacturer support for a broken national entity and many independent regional clubs. Unifying everyone under one umbrella, and doing so with the priority
of providing pure and loyal support of our manufacturer, is paramount to earning a renewed relationship with those who make our cars.
Regardless of the details and any specific individual blame these facts stand, it's for all of these reasons(and many more less important ones) that a new Viper owners club would benefit everyone by instantly
separating itself from the risk, liability, and politics of its history.

Q: What is the status of the new Viper club?
A:
Weekly calls have been held to establish a framework to ensure a near seamless transition of club members from the old to the new club. The focus of the new club will be to return to the core foundation of the original club, that is, to have fun with others who enjoy their Vipers while working together with the manufacturer to promote the many special attributes of our Viper.

Q: How will the new club deal ensure inclusiveness for all?
A:
Past founding presidents, national officers, and regional directors have been holding weekly calls (at a minimum) to create a club structure that is centered around listening to (and responding to) our members.
Current regional presidents are best positioned to communicate with all 3,000+ members across 34 regions, so we have been providing them with information to share will all members. During a call in the next week
we will take a vote on the name for the new club. We will conduct annual electronic member feedback surveys and share the results in the new quarterly Viper magazine. The future national entity will be steered
more by the regional leadership, rather than a hand ful on the national level.

Q: Will the new Viper club be adequately resourced?
A:
Yes. There are already benefactors who have stepped up to swiftly subsidize the startup costs of a new entity and others have offered their services voluntarily. The outpouring of offers has been overwhelming
(and appreciated!) from both individuals and vendor s. Once the initial work is done – there will be a way for folks to volunteer for specific areas. The new Viper club will provide full and continuous disclosure of the
club’s financial status.

Q: What are the plans for bylaws and operating procedures?
A:
We have a bylaw committee created to develop a simple and effective set of bylaws appropriate for an enthusiast car club. We will also develop a set of operating procedures issued within the first 3 months of the club’s formation. We will include items that were not addressed in the prior bylaws such as, regional President voting rights (and proxy voting)as well a s limiting the power of any single individual.

Q: Will our current regional club lose the funds i n their checking or savings account?
A:
No, those funds were collected on behalf of the region or were directly paid by members in the region through their annual dues. Each region can operate under their current not-for-profit status independent
of any national entity. All dues belonging to a region will stay with its region.

Q: What other changes can we expect with the new club?
A:
We anticipate a renewed involvement and support from the manufacturer (although we cannot make any commitments for them), increased communication with the members, an open decision-making process, , more transparency on financial information, a professional bidding process for expenditures, less censorship, a much simpler national entity, and more sharing of ideas on how to have fun with your Viper. There is also an overriding philosophy to benefit the regions more, whether it be financial, human resources, or tools. Regions are where it happens, and we recognize that. It's expected that much of what you love at the regional level will continue as it always has. It's encouraged that regions convert to the new club as a whole. So there is no expectation that a region will keep both VCA and new clubs for members to choose between. Those who do choose to renew with the VCA however, will simply be assigned the closest neighboring VCA region that is still in existence.

Q: When do you expect the new club to begin operation and accept membership applications/dues?
A:
The formal start of the new club is January 1st, 2014. Membership sign-up for the new club will begin before the end of this year. Establishment of website, forums, call center, administration, a magazine , and
bylaws are all swiftly underway! We are working diligently to ensure a seamless transition and to provide each member with a quality experience.

Old September 22nd, 2013, 07:44 AM   #15

Website and Magazine are the only two on that list that I would be interested in. I know Cruisein on the Corevette Forum has been going on for years without any money from members subsidizing the event, you're told how much everything costs and you pay it. Insurance is nice except for the fact that my personal policy covers everything I already do with the VCA except for some track events in which I would purchase my own third party insurance anyway.

Any ways just brainstorming not trying to be a pest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daytonprowler View Post
1. Website
2. Quarterly Magazine and other mailings
3. Insurance
4. VOI
5. Membership packet

You will get everything you got with the VCA except all the BS. Going forward, looks like the VOA membership dues will be less than what you were paying before. Half of the dues will still go to your VOA region.

Old September 22nd, 2013, 08:18 AM   #16
First Touch Was Too Much!

Back In Black is not afraid of bears with 5173 pointsBack In Black is not afraid of bears with 5173 pointsBack In Black is not afraid of bears with 5173 pointsBack In Black is not afraid of bears with 5173 pointsBack In Black is not afraid of bears with 5173 pointsBack In Black is not afraid of bears with 5173 pointsBack In Black is not afraid of bears with 5173 pointsBack In Black is not afraid of bears with 5173 pointsBack In Black is not afraid of bears with 5173 pointsBack In Black is not afraid of bears with 5173 pointsBack In Black is not afraid of bears with 5173 points
Quote:
Website and Magazine are the only two on that list that I would be interested in. I know Cruisein on the Corevette Forum has been going on for years without any money from members subsidizing the event, you're told how much everything costs and you pay it. Insurance is nice except for the fact that my personal policy covers everything I already do with the VCA except for some track events in which I would purchase my own third party insurance anyway.

What is the insurance coverage for and why is it necessary?

Old September 22nd, 2013, 09:25 AM   #17

The insurance covers liability for your regional and national club functions. This is not for "track events". It is for your gatherings, parties, etc.

Example: Our annual Ohio Club Viper Play Day...... we have the liability insurance (covered through the VCA - K & K) to cover us (the regional club) as an entity at the event, BUT as far as the track portion, we buy an extra 4-5 million $ policy to cover the driving part of the event, just incase we get sued for some reason, damage to property (track), etc.

Buying the major liability policy as a group cuts down the costs, instead of each individual region having to get a policy on their own. Also, this gives a resource for the regional clubs for track events, etc. an outlet to buy extra insurance with ease when they need it.

Old September 22nd, 2013, 09:27 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
What is the insurance coverage for and why is it necessary?
I agree, I'm not cheap but I already have thoughts going through my head about the fact that the VCA dues partially went to paying for Attorney fees to help Lee Stubberfield stall, fire everyone on the BOD, while helping the Marshall's steal the VPA for themselves.

If you can find a way to get money almost completely out of the equation, what incentive is the for bad people to want rise to power if there is nothing potentially in it for them?

Old September 22nd, 2013, 09:29 AM   #19

Quote:

Never a pest for asking questions. That is what this discussion board section is for.

Ask all the questions you want. If I can't answer it or answer it to your satisfaction, I'll find someone that can. No problem.

Old September 22nd, 2013, 09:55 AM   #20

Quote:
I agree, I'm not cheap but I already have thoughts going through my head about the fact that the VCA dues partially went to paying for Attorney fees to help Lee Stubberfield stall, fire everyone on the BOD, while helping the Marshall's steal the VPA for themselves.

If you can find a way to get money almost completely out of the equation, what incentive is the for bad people to want rise to power if there is nothing potentially in it for them?
The attorney for the club gave advice as far as the club as a whole is concerned. The attorney does not work for any specific member or the board. The club attorney did probably 90% of his work pro bono. And the club attorney did not advise Mr. Stubberfield on his actions on that Monday. Mr. Stubberfield is responsible for his own actions (suspending me, Maurice, Jim, and everything else that was done in that two day period). Mr. Stubberfield decided to renege on his promise to resign, and used a power given to him in the bylaws to execute what he did on that Monday.

Last edited by daytonprowler; September 22nd, 2013 at 10:03 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » New Viper Association Info and Ideas

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in