Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

Landon Montgomery has codes Halo for the last time.

2K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  RedFive 
#1 · (Edited)
Landon Montgomery has coded Halo for the last time.

Updated

An all around excellent dude who was previously a member here with the rest of us and was a PC game coder too. A BMW and Viper fanatic who was always available for pc game related conversations. He and Randy Pitchford founded Gearbox Software too. His username was Nexus-6 and I still have the unopened copy of Halo signed by everyone from the development studio that he sent me for PC.

https://www.pcgamer.com/gearbox-software-co-founder-landon-montgomery-has-died/

Rest in Peace Landon,

Jay K.

Reactions: 99RT10&GTS
#3 ·
Fuck, can we all stop this shit? THAT IS IT! AS OF NOW, NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO DIE WITHOUT EXPRESSED WRITTEN APPROVAL OF THE MODS!.

I thought getting the virus sucked, this depresses me greater.

Landon, rest in peace.

Reactions: sundiego
#6 ·
I HAVE it.

Felt like a halftrack was doing donuts on my chest and coughing up phlegm and blood tinges.

Now head hurts but chest clearing. Still working from home on it as deemed essential but since the group in NYC was exposed, we have to remain on job.

It is fucking depressing to hear the phone calls coming into 911 with all the folks sick. And we have more than 2K in troops out of work.

#9 ·
I was not allowed near any hosp in upstate, NY. I had to treat at home. Been doing nebulizer treatments (I have this in house already. and been living in the basement.

The hard part was chest and respiration. Breathing in it was difficult. It wasn't bad pressure but resistance, like the lung had lost elasticity. I wasn't bringing up anything out of them unless I really hacked. then it had blood in the result, meaning I was pushing the structures in lung too hard.

Yesterday and today it was clearing, this afternoon I feel much better other than the crushing sinus headache. Been treating with tylonol (SP) sinus (Doubling up the amounts to clear it faster then will start weaning off tomorrow.

Step daughter has it as well, but she can't take anything because of the aneurysm in her head. She is really suffering, and we can't do much.

#11 ·
I was infected at work, during the week of the 9th. I was setting up 11 workstations for NYPD for subpoena and warrants in the Bronx. I had someone from NYPD and one from network operations with me. All three of us are infected. We don't know if it was one of us, or someone from construction who caused it.

Lou tested positive on week later. I was tested day after he tested positive. this is day 6 of being quarantined to basement. I have a tyvek suit at top of stairs, and rubber gloves, respirator, duct tape and face shield. I think neighbors are scared and coming no where near us (I walk the dog outside dressed like this).

#14 ·
Updated

An all around excellent dude who was previously a member here with the rest of us and was a PC game coder too. A BMW and Viper fanatic who was always available for pc game related conversations. He and Randy Pitchford founded Gearbox Software too. His username was Nexus-6 and I still have the unopened copy of Halo signed by everyone from the development studio that he sent me for PC.

https://www.pcgamer.com/gearbox-software-co-founder-landon-montgomery-has-died/

Rest in Peace Landon,

Jay K.
I remember him, but didn't know he was in the gaming area. But I do remember him posting. Very sad. RIP Landon.

#17 ·
Godspeed Landon and thank you for your part in making my all time favorite video game.

Art, this is terrible. Hope you feel better soon. I was exposed at a formal event called the Speed Ball. 4 people tested pos so I had to self quarantine. If I had it, it didn't do much of anything to me. Perhaps all the immunizations I had in the Navy and CG helped or possible the fact that I swim in the Ohio river and drink good bourbon.

I hope that you feel better soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.