Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

Paul Mumford

9K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  GTS Dean 
#1 · (Edited)
See less See more
#2 ·
Still remember the day the crash was posted at the morg. If only he were alive today to pilot the Gen V, fuck, imagine if he was in the Gen IV ACR and times he would have put down. Gotta love him going out in a basically stock Gen II ACR and schooling modded cars with race backed
teams :lol:

#3 ·
If PMUM had driven the Gen V, I guaran-D@mn-tee the automotive world would be singing a VERY different tune right about now!

Jay K.

#6 ·
Great guy, great friend , and wonderful way to give tribute to our fellow Viper owners!!

Remember when Paul took his Sapphire Blue ACR and annihilated the throngs at the Ultimate Street Car Challenge. He laughed about how he almost lost the win when he found out they included gas mileage in the points scheme. He jokingly told all that fuel mileage was the utmost on his mind when constructing the Ultimate Street Car - ha.

Thanks to the Forum for posting these rememberances -- very nice touch and a wonderful place for many of us to share our friendship and losses.

#9 ·
From Ron's post 10/1/2013
10 years ago today a day will live in infamy, my good friend and a hero to the Viper community Paul Mumford (PMUM) was tragically taken away way too early in his life at the age of 32 by a plane crash. He was not only a champion race car driver buy a genuinely nice guy. I was at Laguna Seca when he won the WCGT race, the day before the race he cut his practice short and flew down to pick me up and bring me to the track and after his victory, with the trophy sitting on my lap we flew home. It turns out ironically that was his last flight he took until the day he crashed on takeoff to an Oakland A's playoff game.

He really was a great guy, he told me on the flight home that he was going to ask his girlfriend Bridgette to marry him, such a shame what a waste. I went to the memorial and the funeral in Victorville, it was a huge gathering. I tried to console his girlfriend and told her of his intent to ask her to marry her, he had not asked her yet and she was pretty blown away. There is a memorial bolder and plaque at the top of the corkscrew at Laguna Seca, if you ever go there you can pay your respects to him there.

If you have a chance today say a prayer for him today. I remember this day because it was the day I joined the Alley to find out all the info I could. Big Carrot arranged a conference call, about 20 of us spoke about it, me being the closest to him did most of the talking and answered all the questions. Here are some pictures the day in September when he won the WCGT at Laguna Seca...........except for the last one.

RIP PMUM Oct. 1st 2003

#12 ·
I was more than able to hold my own against anybody in the Viper Days classes I ran - and beat all but a very few. Paul was simply on a plane of skill and talent that was untouchable. I was mad about it for a while, then I really began to appreciate the opportunity to follow as I was able, and learn what I could from him about being smooth and fast.

He was a smack talking king, but a genuinely great guy. He is missed by many.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.