Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

Hi Im in Iowa

4K views 22 replies 7 participants last post by  Sinful7 
#1 ·
Tough crowd I see... You see two vipers walk into a bar!! and.....:cursin::cursin::cursin::cursin::cursin:

ok I am done :(

#5 ·
I too was born in Iowa (Iowa City) and dad used to work at the University, so I have always at least followed the Hawks. Lived in Texas most of my life (thank God) and most recently (14 years!) in Sweet Home Alabama.

Roll Tide! :D

#17 ·
So here I am, in Iowa. Everyone thinks I elect the president or some mumbo jumbo?? Dec 4th I go get a tune on this 97 GTS. Looking forward to breaking 700whp. hopefully!.. Praying for nice weather, and to get my car back together this weekend. I have the fuel rails, and to finish my fuel pump install. Then hotwire the pump with a relay and fingers crossed I have enough fuel to support my goals.

#18 ·
Sinful7 said:
...fingers crossed I have enough fuel to support my goals.
Is it a Roe blower? What fuel pump?

700 whp is around 820 fwhp. At a safe .55 BSFC, you're looking at needing 451 lbs/hour fuel maxed out. Make that 80% (to have safe duty cycle on injectors) and you're at 563 lbs/hr. 6lbs per gallon (gas) equates to 94 gal/hour, or 357 L/hr. Pump needs to be capable of about 357 Liters Per Hour to be nice and safe.

#20 ·
saying hello to all my fellow iowa folk!! going Friday for a tune!! I start it up tonight after finishing the power wire for the fuel pump.. Check for leaks, and such! Change the plugs and oil and on the trailer it goes Friday morning for some dyno love!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.