Guy Hit My Bike in a drive way - Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper

Go Back   Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Garage » The Garage
» Live Feed « · War Room · Graffiti Wall · Arcade · Viper Blogs ·  

The Garage A forum for non-Viper area for general car discussions.

Guy Hit My Bike in a drive way

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old September 14th, 2018, 03:09 PM   #1
Enthusiast

misfit is well liked with 210 pointsmisfit is well liked with 210 pointsmisfit is well liked with 210 points

One of the few times I have been able to go out this year and somebody hits my bike while it's parked. He claimed I was parked in his blind spot. He hit dead center of his rear tag.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0231.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	145625

Name:	IMG_0236.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	972.5 KB
ID:	145629
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0234.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	974.7 KB
ID:	145627  
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 14th, 2018, 03:50 PM   #2

85vett made Varsity with 767 points85vett made Varsity with 767 points85vett made Varsity with 767 points85vett made Varsity with 767 points85vett made Varsity with 767 points85vett made Varsity with 767 points85vett made Varsity with 767 points
You tell him that if he was blind he shouldn't be driving? If your bike was in a blind spot at the start of his attempt to back up he would have had to be blind not to see it parked next to his vehicle in the first place. If it moved to his blind spot as he backed up then he should have been paying more attention to start with.

Can't fix stupid and can nobody just take responsibility for their actions anymore? :-(

Boom.... "You parked in my blind spot." is his response vs "Damn, I didn't see you, here is my insurance. Sorry about that."
98 Red GTS - Borla 2 resonator exhaust (X-pipe in rear), Smooth tubes, K&N filters, Custom Stereo, Forgestar F14 wheels, BC Racing Coilovers, HOWE radiator, Tuned by Dan Lesser from Viper Specialty Performance.

Old September 14th, 2018, 05:05 PM   #3

IC Prey is not afraid of bears with 6295 pointsIC Prey is not afraid of bears with 6295 pointsIC Prey is not afraid of bears with 6295 pointsIC Prey is not afraid of bears with 6295 pointsIC Prey is not afraid of bears with 6295 pointsIC Prey is not afraid of bears with 6295 pointsIC Prey is not afraid of bears with 6295 pointsIC Prey is not afraid of bears with 6295 pointsIC Prey is not afraid of bears with 6295 pointsIC Prey is not afraid of bears with 6295 pointsIC Prey is not afraid of bears with 6295 points
Fuckstick......Press his face against the hot exhaust!

Old September 14th, 2018, 08:36 PM   #4
Enthusiast

misfit is well liked with 210 pointsmisfit is well liked with 210 pointsmisfit is well liked with 210 points
Fortunately, his insurance company knew better and are paying for the damage. It doesn't look like much, but the estimate is around $6500.

Old September 14th, 2018, 08:54 PM   #5

ViperPowered is The Man with 1891 pointsViperPowered is The Man with 1891 pointsViperPowered is The Man with 1891 pointsViperPowered is The Man with 1891 pointsViperPowered is The Man with 1891 pointsViperPowered is The Man with 1891 pointsViperPowered is The Man with 1891 pointsViperPowered is The Man with 1891 pointsViperPowered is The Man with 1891 pointsViperPowered is The Man with 1891 pointsViperPowered is The Man with 1891 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit View Post
Fortunately, his insurance company knew better and are paying for the damage. It doesn't look like much, but the estimate is around $6500.
That's a lot just looking at the pictures. Are the forks and/or frame bent?

Old September 14th, 2018, 10:36 PM   #6
Enthusiast

Forks are done (actual chunk missing), fender, faring- upper & lower, scratched tank, rear bag, crash bars, peg and floor board (alone $400). Plus paint
The frame wasn't bent, that would have added another 6K to the bill.

If the guy had hit the rear, wow that would have cost a shit-load more. I did so much to that back fender. Sectioned and lengthened about 4". Also a wide swing arm, to get a 200 tire under the back. Way too much custom work on the rear and all hidden

Last edited by misfit; September 14th, 2018 at 10:50 PM.

Old September 14th, 2018, 11:19 PM   #7

ViperPowered is The Man with 1891 pointsViperPowered is The Man with 1891 pointsViperPowered is The Man with 1891 pointsViperPowered is The Man with 1891 pointsViperPowered is The Man with 1891 pointsViperPowered is The Man with 1891 pointsViperPowered is The Man with 1891 pointsViperPowered is The Man with 1891 pointsViperPowered is The Man with 1891 pointsViperPowered is The Man with 1891 pointsViperPowered is The Man with 1891 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit View Post
Forks are done (actual chunk missing), fender, faring- upper & lower, scratched tank, rear bag, crash bars, peg and floor board (alone $400). Plus paint
The frame wasn't bent, that would have added another 6K to the bill.

If the guy had hit the rear, wow that would have cost a shit-load more. I did so much to that back fender. Sectioned and lengthened about 4". Also a wide swing arm, to get a 200 tire under the back. Way too much custom work on the rear and all hidden
That makes sense on the estimate. Hope you get the bike running again soon. It's still beautiful.

Old October 20th, 2019, 01:16 PM   #8
Lost Senior Member

AJ02 is not afraid of bears with 23587 pointsAJ02 is not afraid of bears with 23587 pointsAJ02 is not afraid of bears with 23587 pointsAJ02 is not afraid of bears with 23587 pointsAJ02 is not afraid of bears with 23587 pointsAJ02 is not afraid of bears with 23587 pointsAJ02 is not afraid of bears with 23587 pointsAJ02 is not afraid of bears with 23587 pointsAJ02 is not afraid of bears with 23587 pointsAJ02 is not afraid of bears with 23587 pointsAJ02 is not afraid of bears with 23587 points
It's amazing the lack of respect people have for scooters. When I had my 1950 Panhead, my lady and I went to a small town carnival and I parked it right in the middle of a parking space. We came back about 30 min later, and my bike was in front of the space with the kick stand sinking in the grass. There was a shit pile of junk in the spot. I went into the food tent right there and come to find out, this asshole wanted my parking spot so he just moved my bike and parked his POS there. Lucky for him, I was in a "I don't want to go to jail for assault and battery" mood.

Red 2002 GTS
K & N air intake, Stoptech BBK, full Belanger exhaust and modified Hurst short shifter, Gen 4 six spokes. SOLD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Garage » The Garage

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in