Paint protection - Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper

Go Back   Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Garage » The Garage
» Live Feed « · War Room · Graffiti Wall · Arcade · Viper Blogs ·  

The Garage A forum for non-Viper area for general car discussions.

Paint protection

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Paint protection
Old May 28th, 2014, 09:05 PM   #1
Enthusiast

visity is a B-Teamer with 60 points
Paint protection

Hello to all,

I'm just new here in the forum and I don't know if i posted the inquiry in the right section. Anyway here it goes. How do you protect and maintain your cars paint?
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 28th, 2014, 10:26 PM   #2

Hyph is not afraid of bears with 9126 pointsHyph is not afraid of bears with 9126 pointsHyph is not afraid of bears with 9126 pointsHyph is not afraid of bears with 9126 pointsHyph is not afraid of bears with 9126 pointsHyph is not afraid of bears with 9126 pointsHyph is not afraid of bears with 9126 pointsHyph is not afraid of bears with 9126 pointsHyph is not afraid of bears with 9126 pointsHyph is not afraid of bears with 9126 pointsHyph is not afraid of bears with 9126 points
I have a Suntek clear bra installed by a member here (Texas-Venom).

Old May 29th, 2014, 01:30 AM   #3
Enthusiast

TTTed made Varsity with 937 pointsTTTed made Varsity with 937 pointsTTTed made Varsity with 937 pointsTTTed made Varsity with 937 pointsTTTed made Varsity with 937 pointsTTTed made Varsity with 937 pointsTTTed made Varsity with 937 pointsTTTed made Varsity with 937 points
I wear a Mopar Vinyl bra. I remove the bra (and squished bugs) when I get to the car shows.

Old May 29th, 2014, 07:54 PM   #4
Enthusiast

Thanks guys for your comments. Beside the bra do you wax or seal your car?

Old May 30th, 2014, 01:50 AM   #5
Enthusiast

habeb is well liked with 232 pointshabeb is well liked with 232 pointshabeb is well liked with 232 points
There are several options for coating these days. CQuartz or Opti-Coat are the most popular in my area. The important work is in the prep, ie paint correction. Before installation of the coating, the paint surface should be clean and imperfections removed.

I choose the low maintenance route, Opti-Coat Pro. It's permanent and restored a layer of the clear coat removed from the paint correction process. Clear-Bra (Suntek) the high impact exposure areas. Coverage details below.

Break down:
- 3 stage paint correction, removed all marks. Vehicle sat in the dealer showroom and had plenty of swirls and buffer marks.
- 2 layers of Opti-Coat Pro. Coverage all body panels, entire wheels & suspension.
- Suntek Clear-Bra. Coverage area, hood (full), front bumper (includes full lower), Lights, Mirrors, Rocker Panels, Rear quarter panels (behind tires), A-Pillars and partial roof.
- Opti-Coat Pro over clear-bra.

In retrospect, The opti-coat over the clear-bra is so easy to maintain, tempted to clear-bra the rest of the car.

Old June 1st, 2014, 08:09 PM   #6
Enthusiast

I read some were that opticoat are permanent sealant. Are they really tough and would last forever?

Old June 3rd, 2014, 03:40 AM   #7
Enthusiast

habeb is well liked with 232 pointshabeb is well liked with 232 pointshabeb is well liked with 232 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by visity View Post
I read some were that opticoat are permanent sealant. Are they really tough and would last forever?
While they are so-called permanent, they can also be marred/scratched like the clear coat of the vehicle. In my opinion it merely restores the thickness of clear coat lost during paint correction.

Check here for additional information:
Optimum Forum
or the detailer forums like:
Autopia Forums - Auto Detailing & Car Discussion Forum

If the paint was perfect condition from the factory and the dealership didn't damage it. I would just clear-bra the entire car and put a layer above the clear-bra.

Last edited by habeb; June 10th, 2014 at 01:54 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Garage » The Garage

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in