2015 zo6 - Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper

Go Back   Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Garage » The Garage
» Live Feed « · War Room · Graffiti Wall · Arcade · Viper Blogs ·  

The Garage A forum for non-Viper area for general car discussions.

2015 zo6

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)

2015 zo6
Old April 16th, 2014, 02:08 PM   #1

Disturbed 01 is not afraid of bears with 20481 pointsDisturbed 01 is not afraid of bears with 20481 pointsDisturbed 01 is not afraid of bears with 20481 pointsDisturbed 01 is not afraid of bears with 20481 pointsDisturbed 01 is not afraid of bears with 20481 pointsDisturbed 01 is not afraid of bears with 20481 pointsDisturbed 01 is not afraid of bears with 20481 pointsDisturbed 01 is not afraid of bears with 20481 pointsDisturbed 01 is not afraid of bears with 20481 pointsDisturbed 01 is not afraid of bears with 20481 pointsDisturbed 01 is not afraid of bears with 20481 points
2015 zo6

Chevy,

You did it. Home run. The Z06 vert and targa top are stunning. Look at the finder gap (or should I say lack of it). The OEM wheels are fantastic. Now that I've seen it in something other than that ugly ass yellow belly yella. I really like it. 625hp and a 7sp manual, mag ride, carbon brakes, 2 mode exhaust, why buy a Viper

Looking forward to pricing on the ZO7.

heading to the vette forum.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 16th, 2014, 02:15 PM   #2

MtnBiker is The Man with 2399 pointsMtnBiker is The Man with 2399 pointsMtnBiker is The Man with 2399 pointsMtnBiker is The Man with 2399 pointsMtnBiker is The Man with 2399 pointsMtnBiker is The Man with 2399 pointsMtnBiker is The Man with 2399 pointsMtnBiker is The Man with 2399 pointsMtnBiker is The Man with 2399 pointsMtnBiker is The Man with 2399 pointsMtnBiker is The Man with 2399 points
Ugh, you can have it. The new vette's are just fucking ugly, period. And this from a former Z06 owner. I can't stand looking at them in the Tudor race series.

Old April 16th, 2014, 02:16 PM   #3

phunk is not afraid of bears with 9635 pointsphunk is not afraid of bears with 9635 pointsphunk is not afraid of bears with 9635 pointsphunk is not afraid of bears with 9635 pointsphunk is not afraid of bears with 9635 pointsphunk is not afraid of bears with 9635 pointsphunk is not afraid of bears with 9635 pointsphunk is not afraid of bears with 9635 pointsphunk is not afraid of bears with 9635 pointsphunk is not afraid of bears with 9635 pointsphunk is not afraid of bears with 9635 points
i wouldnt run to the Vette forums so quickly... i mean, cars like this new Z06 are really only such a threat to stock vehicles.

Personally... I look forward to ruining their day with my daily driver nissan Z car. New models like this always bring a whole new batch of douchebags that think they are king of world. It's a beautiful thing for those of us in souped up jalopies. And those of you with more money than I will have a great time blowing the doors of these Z06s with your more prestige daily drivers... such as new E63 with bolt ons and tune pushing out 900+ ft lbs AWD.

No matter how fast these factory built cars get... those without AWD they will all have to deal with the struggle of the tuner scene and its 5-20 year old cars laying down the hurt.

but ya... the new Z06 is sick. I might try and stuff those brake rotors on my Nissan... the big ass steel rotors on it now weigh a ton.

I like the new C7s from all angles except the back. The rear end of that car is just too techno looking for me.

Old April 16th, 2014, 02:17 PM   #4

FLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 points
See ya, now you and your neighbors kid can drive practically the same car When she looks at you at says "cool, you got a Vette too" just smile and tell her yours is more specialer

Just kidding of course they are great cars, but if you actually have a clue about cars the Vette hood blanket mural crowd will crush your ownership experience within a couple months lol.

I'm also a past Z06 owner and the show and shine chrome tacky BS drove me nuts with Vette people. Kind of like my neighbors bushes with a million garden knomes in it. He thinks it's cool though.......................

-FLATOUT, 2013

Old April 16th, 2014, 02:20 PM   #5

slovenom  with -356 pointsslovenom  with -356 pointsslovenom  with -356 pointsslovenom  with -356 points
I have been on the vette forum since 01
I will see you there buddy!!

I love it so does everyone at lambopower 6speed online etc etc

Home run for chevy with the ZZZZZZZZZZ

Old April 16th, 2014, 02:25 PM   #6

bespoke is not afraid of bears with 15624 pointsbespoke is not afraid of bears with 15624 pointsbespoke is not afraid of bears with 15624 pointsbespoke is not afraid of bears with 15624 pointsbespoke is not afraid of bears with 15624 pointsbespoke is not afraid of bears with 15624 pointsbespoke is not afraid of bears with 15624 pointsbespoke is not afraid of bears with 15624 pointsbespoke is not afraid of bears with 15624 pointsbespoke is not afraid of bears with 15624 pointsbespoke is not afraid of bears with 15624 points
The Gen V is an incredible car and is a lot more exotic looking, but the new Z06 looks like it wants to eat you. The Viper looks like it wants to kiss you.

I don't believe however that this car is affecting Viper sales at all. The Viper sales are slow because of a terrible launch, screwing owners in favor of dealers who love markups, price, lack of PERCEIVED performance, and nothing to shake things up. It's a re-skinned and refined Gen IV to most people. Whether or not that's the truth is irrelevant, that's what a lot of people believe.

Note: I said lack of PERCEIVED performance. i.e. what the bench racers go off of, and sadly, in the Vipers new price range 3/4 + of the buyers are bench racers.

Old April 16th, 2014, 02:33 PM   #7

FLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 points
This is actually a very well worded response. I also agree that the new Z although a great car isn't really affecting Viper sales. I think most of those guys jumped ship for the C6 Z06 awhile back.

The biggest issue with the Gen V's was the expensive add ons no one cared about. The new Viper SRT's, and TA's are selling just fine, the expensive luxury laiden GTS's, not so much. I'll pay 120K for more performance but I won't pay more for bells and whistles I could care less about in my go fast car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bespoke View Post
The Gen V is an incredible car and is a lot more exotic looking, but the new Z06 looks like it wants to eat you. The Viper looks like it wants to kiss you.

I don't believe however that this car is affecting Viper sales at all. The Viper sales are slow because of a terrible launch, screwing owners in favor of dealers who love markups, price, lack of PERCEIVED performance, and nothing to shake things up. It's a re-skinned and refined Gen IV to most people. Whether or not that's the truth is irrelevant, that's what a lot of people believe.

Note: I said lack of PERCEIVED performance. i.e. what the bench racers go off of, and sadly, in the Vipers new price range 3/4 + of the buyers are bench racers.

Old April 16th, 2014, 02:39 PM   #8

JohnnyLightning is not afraid of bears with 34456 pointsJohnnyLightning is not afraid of bears with 34456 pointsJohnnyLightning is not afraid of bears with 34456 pointsJohnnyLightning is not afraid of bears with 34456 pointsJohnnyLightning is not afraid of bears with 34456 pointsJohnnyLightning is not afraid of bears with 34456 pointsJohnnyLightning is not afraid of bears with 34456 pointsJohnnyLightning is not afraid of bears with 34456 pointsJohnnyLightning is not afraid of bears with 34456 pointsJohnnyLightning is not afraid of bears with 34456 pointsJohnnyLightning is not afraid of bears with 34456 points
You roll up in a new Gen V Viper your neighbor's kid will say nice Vette. You drive up to the dragstrip in it you get laughed at running 11s. You roll up in a new ZO6 your neighbor's kid says nice Vette. You role up to dragstrip you give the tree a middle finger and say fuck yeah 10s off showroom and all Vette owners cheer you on. You roll up in a used SG Lambo you end up fucking yours neighbors wife who is smoking hot. You don't make it to the drag strip since your to busy getting panties thrown at you.

Moral of story is Gen V owners wife's are going to be fucking the Lambo owner while they get their bumpers ripped off at the dragstrip by a new ZO6.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Old April 16th, 2014, 02:41 PM   #9

slovenom  with -356 pointsslovenom  with -356 pointsslovenom  with -356 pointsslovenom  with -356 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyLightning View Post
You roll up in a new Gen V Viper your neighbor's kid will say nice Vette. You drive up to the dragstrip in it you get laughed at running 11s. You roll up in a new ZO6 your neighbor's kid says nice Vette. You role up to dragstrip you give the tree a middle finger and say fuck yeah 10s off showroom and all Vette owners cheer you on. You roll up in a used SG Lambo you end up fucking yours neighbors wife who is smoking hot. You don't make it to the drag strip since your to busy getting panties thrown at you.

Moral of story is Gen V owners wife's are going to be fucking the Lambo owner while they get their bumpers ripped off at the dragstrip by a new ZO6.

mah [email protected]

Old April 16th, 2014, 02:44 PM   #10

sonofadragracer is not afraid of bears with 69248 pointssonofadragracer is not afraid of bears with 69248 pointssonofadragracer is not afraid of bears with 69248 pointssonofadragracer is not afraid of bears with 69248 pointssonofadragracer is not afraid of bears with 69248 pointssonofadragracer is not afraid of bears with 69248 pointssonofadragracer is not afraid of bears with 69248 pointssonofadragracer is not afraid of bears with 69248 pointssonofadragracer is not afraid of bears with 69248 pointssonofadragracer is not afraid of bears with 69248 pointssonofadragracer is not afraid of bears with 69248 points
Quote:

JIGGA BOOOMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Old April 16th, 2014, 02:50 PM   #11

EllowViper is not afraid of bears with 11310 pointsEllowViper is not afraid of bears with 11310 pointsEllowViper is not afraid of bears with 11310 pointsEllowViper is not afraid of bears with 11310 pointsEllowViper is not afraid of bears with 11310 pointsEllowViper is not afraid of bears with 11310 pointsEllowViper is not afraid of bears with 11310 pointsEllowViper is not afraid of bears with 11310 pointsEllowViper is not afraid of bears with 11310 pointsEllowViper is not afraid of bears with 11310 pointsEllowViper is not afraid of bears with 11310 points
Itty Bitty 1.7 liter bLower that makes my KB 2.8 look HUGE by comparison. Quote" SAE certification of the 6.2-liter LT4 engine is still pending,....., as this new 1.7-liter Eaton R1740 TVS supercharger packages an inch lower than the ZR-1's 2.3-liter R2300 blower. The new one features shorter rotors that spool up more quickly and spin 5000 rpm faster (20,000 rpm) than the LS9's to flow just as much air." Unquote.

SO there ya go. No freaking way a 1.7 ltr TVS (Whipple) blower spinning 20,000 RPMs is going to get enough air into a 6.2 ltr engine. I wonder what PSI they are achieving? Can't be much. With that logic, just take a 1 ltr blower and spin it at 40000 RPM. Hey smaller but faster works right?

Old April 16th, 2014, 02:53 PM   #12

sonofadragracer is not afraid of bears with 69248 pointssonofadragracer is not afraid of bears with 69248 pointssonofadragracer is not afraid of bears with 69248 pointssonofadragracer is not afraid of bears with 69248 pointssonofadragracer is not afraid of bears with 69248 pointssonofadragracer is not afraid of bears with 69248 pointssonofadragracer is not afraid of bears with 69248 pointssonofadragracer is not afraid of bears with 69248 pointssonofadragracer is not afraid of bears with 69248 pointssonofadragracer is not afraid of bears with 69248 pointssonofadragracer is not afraid of bears with 69248 points
They've done their home work on that lil washing machine!!

Old April 16th, 2014, 03:01 PM   #13

FrgMstr is not afraid of bears with 7416 pointsFrgMstr is not afraid of bears with 7416 pointsFrgMstr is not afraid of bears with 7416 pointsFrgMstr is not afraid of bears with 7416 pointsFrgMstr is not afraid of bears with 7416 pointsFrgMstr is not afraid of bears with 7416 pointsFrgMstr is not afraid of bears with 7416 pointsFrgMstr is not afraid of bears with 7416 pointsFrgMstr is not afraid of bears with 7416 pointsFrgMstr is not afraid of bears with 7416 pointsFrgMstr is not afraid of bears with 7416 points
Quote:
LOL! That was very well put.

That Z06 Vert is pure fucking sex. With the the LSX upgrade/mod community behind it, we are going to see crazy ass numbers out of those cars. I wanted it the moment I saw it.

I want one. I have not wanted a Gen V Viper, ever. I already have a Gen IV, so why would I want to spend $100K on a Gen V? Not saying there is anything wrong with the Gen V, it just did not stir my emotions in any way.

The whole Viper exclusivity/exotic thing goes a long ways with me, but that 2015 Z06 is high on my next car list.

Old April 16th, 2014, 03:02 PM   #14

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by slovenom View Post
If you guys dislike Vipers so much why do you hang out here? Too each his own Vettes do nothing for me, dime a dozen.

At our local cars and coffee the new vettes were cool for one month maybe two, now there are 50 of them there and no one cares. They park next to the myriad of chargers and mustangs and fade away.

I'm sure there's some Z06 circle jerk going on right now on CF you guys are missing out on, hurry up and get over there so you don't miss the latest trends in hydrographic carbon fiber apliques, and Ranger clutch fluid change techniques.

And I know the Vettes can be made quick but you'll still be drug silly by all those fast GTR's out there

Old April 16th, 2014, 03:03 PM   #15

Disturbed 01 is not afraid of bears with 20481 pointsDisturbed 01 is not afraid of bears with 20481 pointsDisturbed 01 is not afraid of bears with 20481 pointsDisturbed 01 is not afraid of bears with 20481 pointsDisturbed 01 is not afraid of bears with 20481 pointsDisturbed 01 is not afraid of bears with 20481 pointsDisturbed 01 is not afraid of bears with 20481 pointsDisturbed 01 is not afraid of bears with 20481 pointsDisturbed 01 is not afraid of bears with 20481 pointsDisturbed 01 is not afraid of bears with 20481 pointsDisturbed 01 is not afraid of bears with 20481 points
Quote:
You roll up in a used SG Lambo you end up fucking yours neighbors wife who is smoking hot. You don't make it to the drag strip since your to busy getting panties thrown at you.

So it is true, money doesn't buy class.....good thing I didn't buy that Lambo, I'd hate to be a classless douchebag.

Old April 16th, 2014, 03:07 PM   #16

EllowViper is not afraid of bears with 11310 pointsEllowViper is not afraid of bears with 11310 pointsEllowViper is not afraid of bears with 11310 pointsEllowViper is not afraid of bears with 11310 pointsEllowViper is not afraid of bears with 11310 pointsEllowViper is not afraid of bears with 11310 pointsEllowViper is not afraid of bears with 11310 pointsEllowViper is not afraid of bears with 11310 pointsEllowViper is not afraid of bears with 11310 pointsEllowViper is not afraid of bears with 11310 pointsEllowViper is not afraid of bears with 11310 points
9.5 PSI. I guess I'll withold judgement on how long that blower lasts. Not one article tells the parasitic loss of that blower. Probably can 'do the math' at some point.

Old April 16th, 2014, 03:10 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllowViper View Post
Itty Bitty 1.7 liter bLower that makes my KB 2.8 look HUGE by comparison. Quote" SAE certification of the 6.2-liter LT4 engine is still pending,....., as this new 1.7-liter Eaton R1740 TVS supercharger packages an inch lower than the ZR-1's 2.3-liter R2300 blower. The new one features shorter rotors that spool up more quickly and spin 5000 rpm faster (20,000 rpm) than the LS9's to flow just as much air." Unquote.

SO there ya go. No freaking way a 1.7 ltr TVS (Whipple) blower spinning 20,000 RPMs is going to get enough air into a 6.2 ltr engine. I wonder what PSI they are achieving? Can't be much. With that logic, just take a 1 ltr blower and spin it at 40000 RPM. Hey smaller but faster works right?

You forget that the aftermarket support for the vette is WAY better than the viper has ever had. I suspect it will be about 30days after the car hits showrooms you will have a 2300 blower ready to bolt on with headers, exhaust and tune making atleast 750rwhp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLATOUT View Post
If you guys dislike Vipers so much why do you hang out here? Too each his own Vettes do nothing for me, dime a dozen.
Flatout, I've been a Viper owner from 2002. I've had many Vipers and have always been disappointed with the aftermarket support. Eveyrtime I see a vette going down the road, I think....must be nice to get parts! I do love the Viper, even like the Gen5....tired to buy them 5 times. But the fact is, aftermarket is horrible, the cars are slow and there is no hope in sight for a truly monster Viper to come out. Unless someone tells me something from a creditable source...say RG or DW calling me....I doubt that there is any hope for the monster Gen5 viper we all hoped for.

Sadly, I've been a Viper champion for so long and the car I've always made fun of is the car that looks to be my Viper replacement....tell me that isn't fucking shocking.

Old April 16th, 2014, 03:14 PM   #18

FrgMstr is not afraid of bears with 7416 pointsFrgMstr is not afraid of bears with 7416 pointsFrgMstr is not afraid of bears with 7416 pointsFrgMstr is not afraid of bears with 7416 pointsFrgMstr is not afraid of bears with 7416 pointsFrgMstr is not afraid of bears with 7416 pointsFrgMstr is not afraid of bears with 7416 pointsFrgMstr is not afraid of bears with 7416 pointsFrgMstr is not afraid of bears with 7416 pointsFrgMstr is not afraid of bears with 7416 pointsFrgMstr is not afraid of bears with 7416 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disturbed 01 View Post
You forget that the aftermarket support for the vette is WAY better than the viper has ever had. I suspect it will be about 30days after the car hits showrooms you will have a 2300 blower ready to bolt on with headers, exhaust and tune making atleast 750rwhp.
Exactly. Loose a little exclusivity among "normal people" that think every corvette is the same, but gain a huge avenue of aftermarket support 1000 times wider than what Viper has. This is very alluring on its on, not to even mention how fucking awesome that car looks.

Old April 16th, 2014, 03:18 PM   #19

v10enomous is not afraid of bears with 57353 pointsv10enomous is not afraid of bears with 57353 pointsv10enomous is not afraid of bears with 57353 pointsv10enomous is not afraid of bears with 57353 pointsv10enomous is not afraid of bears with 57353 pointsv10enomous is not afraid of bears with 57353 pointsv10enomous is not afraid of bears with 57353 pointsv10enomous is not afraid of bears with 57353 pointsv10enomous is not afraid of bears with 57353 pointsv10enomous is not afraid of bears with 57353 pointsv10enomous is not afraid of bears with 57353 points
It would be real tough for me to spend $100k on a Viper but it would be harder for me to spend $80k on a corvette. I do like the Corvette but the paint job is crap and it looks just like a car that you will be able to buy for $43k this time next year and they'll be all over the place. I guess I just like the idea of a hand made low production car that defies convention and just seems absurd at it's very core even if the corvette is a better value.

Old April 16th, 2014, 03:18 PM   #20

I know, and we're all just fucking around in here, the Z06 will be bad ass. If anyone is taking my comments as serious than the sarcasm was lost.

Do I wish the Viper had the aftermarket support it should have? Absolutely. Am I content at this point in my life to enjoy a car with 600-650 NA rwhp with boltons, you bet.

I've built big power stuff and just don't care about that as much anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disturbed 01 View Post

Flatout, I've been a Viper owner from 2002. I've had many Vipers and have always been disappointed with the aftermarket support. Eveyrtime I see a vette going down the road, I think....must be nice to get parts! I do love the Viper, even like the Gen5....tired to buy them 5 times. But the fact is, aftermarket is horrible, the cars are slow and there is no hope in sight for a truly monster Viper to come out. Unless someone tells me something from a creditable source...say RG or DW calling me....I doubt that there is any hope for the monster Gen5 viper we all hoped for.

Sadly, I've been a Viper champion for so long and the car I've always made fun of is the car that looks to be my Viper replacement....tell me that isn't fucking shocking.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Garage » The Garage

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in