Ceramic Brakes - Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper

Go Back   Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Garage » The Garage
» Live Feed « · War Room · Graffiti Wall · Arcade · Viper Blogs ·  

The Garage A forum for non-Viper area for general car discussions.

Ceramic Brakes

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Ceramic Brakes
Old December 18th, 2003, 12:32 PM   #1
Diamond Supporter

Cherm is a B-Teamer with 100 pointsCherm is a B-Teamer with 100 points
Ceramic Brakes

Anyone have any experience with ceramic brakes? Any feedback on the value? Are they supposed to improve performance or is this upgrade primarily weight savings driven?

Thanks.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Re: Ceramic Brakes
Old December 19th, 2003, 12:16 AM   #2

weeztones is not afraid of bears with 11955 pointsweeztones is not afraid of bears with 11955 pointsweeztones is not afraid of bears with 11955 pointsweeztones is not afraid of bears with 11955 pointsweeztones is not afraid of bears with 11955 pointsweeztones is not afraid of bears with 11955 pointsweeztones is not afraid of bears with 11955 pointsweeztones is not afraid of bears with 11955 pointsweeztones is not afraid of bears with 11955 pointsweeztones is not afraid of bears with 11955 pointsweeztones is not afraid of bears with 11955 points

They are definitely an improvement, but you better take your wallet and open it as wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide as you can.

Old December 19th, 2003, 02:59 AM   #3
Enthusiast

Snakester is unremarkable with 10 points

I had ceramic pads on my last Corvette. The good side is that they don't squeal or dust nearly as much as regular semi-metallic pads, and they don't fade as much when heated up. The only downside is that they aren't quite as grippy when cold.

I've been equally happy with my EBC greens (front) and reds (rear) for the same benefits, but they are cheaper.

The full carbon-ceramic rotors and pads on Ferraris and Porsches are great from a performance and technical aspect. But they cost WAY too much.

It's interesting that the $$$ Ferrari Enzo, with it's super brakes was not as good in braking as the SRT-10 Viper.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Garage » The Garage

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in