need torque specs - Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper

Go Back   Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Garage » The Garage
» Live Feed « · War Room · Graffiti Wall · Arcade · Viper Blogs ·  

The Garage A forum for non-Viper area for general car discussions.

need torque specs

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

need torque specs
Old February 27th, 2013, 11:38 AM   #1
Enthusiast

ttviperman is a B-Teamer with 126 pointsttviperman is a B-Teamer with 126 points
need torque specs

I am in need of the torque specs for the lug nuts on my gen3 and also the torque specs on the rear brake caliper bolts. Doing to temporary brake pad change till I get into RSI and get new rotors and pads all the way around. Thanks much.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 27th, 2013, 11:44 AM   #2

kvip is not afraid of bears with 2684 pointskvip is not afraid of bears with 2684 pointskvip is not afraid of bears with 2684 pointskvip is not afraid of bears with 2684 pointskvip is not afraid of bears with 2684 pointskvip is not afraid of bears with 2684 pointskvip is not afraid of bears with 2684 pointskvip is not afraid of bears with 2684 pointskvip is not afraid of bears with 2684 pointskvip is not afraid of bears with 2684 pointskvip is not afraid of bears with 2684 points
Not postivite, but I think 105-110 lbs on the wheels.

need torque specs
Old February 27th, 2013, 01:27 PM   #3

2002_red_gts is not afraid of bears with 3205 points2002_red_gts is not afraid of bears with 3205 points2002_red_gts is not afraid of bears with 3205 points2002_red_gts is not afraid of bears with 3205 points2002_red_gts is not afraid of bears with 3205 points2002_red_gts is not afraid of bears with 3205 points2002_red_gts is not afraid of bears with 3205 points2002_red_gts is not afraid of bears with 3205 points2002_red_gts is not afraid of bears with 3205 points2002_red_gts is not afraid of bears with 3205 points2002_red_gts is not afraid of bears with 3205 points
need torque specs

Yep I use 100 ft lbs

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Old February 27th, 2013, 01:38 PM   #4

BADDERvenom's cat made Varsity with 892 pointsBADDERvenom's cat made Varsity with 892 pointsBADDERvenom's cat made Varsity with 892 pointsBADDERvenom's cat made Varsity with 892 pointsBADDERvenom's cat made Varsity with 892 pointsBADDERvenom's cat made Varsity with 892 pointsBADDERvenom's cat made Varsity with 892 points
95lbs on the wheels

Old February 27th, 2013, 05:25 PM   #5

Steve L is kissing alot of ass around here with 498 pointsSteve L is kissing alot of ass around here with 498 pointsSteve L is kissing alot of ass around here with 498 pointsSteve L is kissing alot of ass around here with 498 pointsSteve L is kissing alot of ass around here with 498 points
Rear brake caliper bolt is 85 ft lbs, and parking brake bolt upper 24 ft lbs and lower 38 ft lbs.

Old February 27th, 2013, 10:12 PM   #6
Enthusiast

ttviperman is a B-Teamer with 126 pointsttviperman is a B-Teamer with 126 points
Thanks much guys. My left rear inside parking brake pad is down to metal and I think I know why. There was corrosion around the spring loaded mechanism than puts back tension on the piston so the pad doesnt rub and Im probably the only owner that used it and it started sticking and wore down quickly. Im getting a full brake job done next week but in the meantime I sprayed white lithium lubricant down between the 2 moving parts and worked them a lot hoping to get them loose enough so the bad pad doesnt rub! Ill find out tomorrow as I doubt I can get a set of E brake pads by friday! Im also trying to find out how the E brake adjusts???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Garage » The Garage

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in