You really should post this kind of question in the Gen II forum. No one uses the regional forums here.
1. I wouldn't have put sealer on the gasket, assuming that you bought the metal gasket with the rubber insert. (I haven't bought a replacement, I've just reused the original that I've described). It probably didn't hurt, though.
2. Sounds like you probably also dabbed silicone in the 4 places recommended which is good and some people have needed to seal the pan mounting bolts like you did. (I didn't and mine never leaked)
3. Torque for the bolts is 95 in-lbs per the service manual. I wouldn't go tighter on the bolts than you have.
4. There is a copy of the '98 manual saved online by a member here. It should cover most of your car except the ABS brake system. https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bwwp...NKS2pLdk0/edit
5. A&C Performance and Specialty Performance Team are the two highly recommended Viper shops in SoCal. Pick the one that is closest to you.
6. The front timing chain cover gasket is also a somewhat common source for an oil leak, as is the rear main seal. Some have had leaks from the oil cooler lines. (also power steering fluid leaks from various locations - in case you aren't positive of the source and fluid type.)